Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 7, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #1,606 of 18,818
As Tidal only offers FLAC 16/44.1 which runs at 1.5 Mbps, I am hoping the Bluetooth connection (3.0 and 4.0 are 25 Mbps and 5.0 is 50 Mbps) will suffice for a wireless DAC solution, I think this would be a pretty sweet solution. Yes it is ridiculously expensive as this would be a $1000 mobile wireless DAC in total.

However, from my perspective, if my phone uses it as it's native Bluetooth streaming device, meaning I get all my notifications without the need to have the devices connected to each other..... I think I would pop on this as the convenience factor alone would be worth it for me; let alone the fact that it is connected to pretty much the top end DAC.

I will wait for reviews, but honestly, if it has Bluetooth 5.0 (which there is absolutely no reason to skimp on this), it will meet all of my needs. I could care less about the wireless. My phone is connected to wireless at all times, but you cannot stream music from an app (Tidal, possible Spotify HiFi) over wireless, so it is worthless for me.

I know a lot of you have music that is not on a streaming service (stored offline in my case), but for me I cannot have headphones on in a mobile situation and not have my phone notifications come across the headset.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #1,607 of 18,818
Is there any chance Poly SD card will not be able to take files from iTunes?
I read an article that says Apple has done something that led all non apple MP3 players to no longer access iTunes.
I am thinking if I don't continue with streaming service and just want SD card off line.

May 9, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,609 of 18,818
Is there any chance Poly SD card will not be able to take files from iTunes?
I read an article that says Apple has done something that led all non apple MP3 players to no longer access iTunes.
I am thinking if I don't continue with streaming service and just want SD card off line.

While other DAPs are not integrated in iTunes, you can simply transfer your music finder to the mSD card using Finder. Unless you changed the default settings, iTunes stores your music files at (user name)/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Music.

May 9, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #1,610 of 18,818
Please give a link to the article. Apple went the opposite way (eliminating DRM) years ago.

I googled "best digital audio player iTunes" and it came up with a number of articles. One of them stated what I asserted above.

Rwelles: using finder and dragging the file, rwelles, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 9, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #1,611 of 18,818
I googled "best digital audio player iTunes" and it came up with a number of articles. One of them stated what I asserted above.
What you said would imply that Apple is bringing back DRM, which would create a huge uproar in the user community and possibly even trigger class action lawsuits. Please give a specific link. You may have misinterpreted the article, or it was old and obsolete, or only rumor.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #1,612 of 18,818
Is there any news on Poly release. I was just googling for reviews and they say it was due for release in April. I also read something from Chord about parts taking time so released a bit later. (At least I think back that was what was said.)

I doubt I will get a Poly just yet, but I am still very keen to read reviews.

May 10, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #1,613 of 18,818
Most recent I have heard/seen from Chord is July. I cancelled my January prepay/preorder last month. Only because I didn't want the cash sitting out there that long. But will reorder when it is actually seen in the wild and in stock. Disappointed it has taken this long but it is what it is. I am sure it will be worth the wait.

May 10, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #1,614 of 18,818
What you said would imply that Apple is bringing back DRM, which would create a huge uproar in the user community and possibly even trigger class action lawsuits. Please give a specific link. You may have misinterpreted the article, or it was old and obsolete, or only rumor.

I didn't imply anything. I don't know what "DRM" means. The article says "
MP3 Players No Longer Supported by iTunes and then gives a list. I am not sure how to interpret or misinterpret the list. Its the first link that shows up for google. Hopefully, there will be no creation of a huge uproar in the user community.

https://www.lifewire.com/mp3-players-you-can-use-with-itunes-2000486

May 10, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,615 of 18,818
I didn't imply anything. I don't know what "DRM" means. The article says "
MP3 Players No Longer Supported by iTunes and then gives a list. I am not sure how to interpret or misinterpret the list. Its the first link that shows up for google. Hopefully, there will be no creation of a huge uproar in the user community.

https://www.lifewire.com/mp3-players-you-can-use-with-itunes-2000486
That article is about iTunes library synchronization, i.e. plug in a player or phone into your Mac or PC, and iTunes will automatically copy music and keep the music library synchronized between the device and the computer. iTunes won't do that with Poly, if you care about that.

You can manually copy music files to an SD card and Poly can play them. The way you worded your earlier post, it sounded like iTunes music files would become unplayable on other devices, which is what DRM is about.

May 10, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #1,616 of 18,818
Thanks for the link, Gtime. Yes, only devices made by Apple will sync by using iTunes. Of course, this does not preclude manually copying over files from a Mac to ANY device.

Another bit of click-bait...

May 10, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #1,617 of 18,818
Thanks for the link, Gtime. Yes, only devices made by Apple will sync by using iTunes. Of course, this does not preclude manually copying over files from a Mac to ANY device.

Another bit of click-bait...

Thanks. I am glad to hear it can be done manually. I don't trust apple and haven't updated the iOS either. The SD card is going to be a great help for us when we are away from wifi.

May 10, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #1,618 of 18,818
Most recent I have heard/seen from Chord is July. I cancelled my January prepay/preorder last month. Only because I didn't want the cash sitting out there that long. But will reorder when it is actually seen in the wild and in stock. Disappointed it has taken this long but it is what it is. I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It's kind of exciting looking forward to Poly reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back