Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 24, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #10,231 of 33,689
Wasn't a dig, just emphasising how I found them. I think it'll be the tips I bet with foamies they'll feel bassier.

Cool, maybe I'll dig them out and try a few more tips including foam.

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #10,232 of 33,689
Memt X5 are v-shaped, lots of bass and treble lack a bit of mids.

Zircons are crap IMO, hollow + artificial, can't believe they're still being recommend regardless of bass levels - HM7, Moreblue DM8, Boarseman KR49i are all superior there's probably a lot of others if I put my mind to it.
What? Zircons are awesome! (imo) Beautiful housings but pity about the fragile cable (although my cable was still perfect when I gifted them to a friend). Sure there's better stuff available but the Zircon is a good enough place to start if you're just getting into IEMs and like bass.

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #10,233 of 33,689
Sure there's better stuff available but the Zircon is a good enough place to start if you're just getting into IEMs and like bass.

So why not start with the better stuff straight away? Moreblue and HM7s are cheaper, in fact I think you can get both for Zircon money. KR49i are pretty much the same price. Given Zircons are known to have a cable issue I can't see any sensible reason to recommend them.

Just my take on it.

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #10,235 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #10,236 of 33,689
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #10,237 of 33,689
You're encouraging people to disregard the X5 which you've never heard...and recommending the HM7 which you haven't heard. That kind of thing doesn't go down too well here.

And apparently you're not aware of the general consensus regarding the audiobudget site.

One more thing, I don't know why everybody seems to be overlooking this, "Hey guys, looking for decent compact over ear headphones."

Sorry for the blind judgement, I was just trying to suggest that maybe price-wise the HM7 would be the better pick.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #10,238 of 33,689
Fellow Zircon user here and I also dislike how they sound. The treble just sounds very harsh and artificial to me, and I swear there's a sharp peak between 3-4Khz that really makes things sound like nails on a chalkboard. That's just what I hear though.

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #10,239 of 33,689
20170725_100716.jpg
Received my YINJW P8 today.

Ordered on Friday 21st and received them on the 25th!!!!!! That's an absolute record from the China to UK for me; 4 days!!

Anyway first impressions are really really positive and the £14 I spent on a 3 dynamic driver with crossover seems to have been money well spent.

I'll have a good listen later on and post, but initial impression is they are balanced with good separation and soundstage.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #10,240 of 33,689
Anyone who has seen the listings for the Einsear earphones - BRO and Cut (there are others) - and are thinking of having a punt on them after the excellent T2. DON'T!

Considering that they're supposedly from the same manufacturer as the T2 the sound quality isn't great, the components are very different from the T2 and even the boxing looks subtly different. I'm not sure if someone has borrowed the Einsear name and has stuck it on some generic earphones but these aren't worth the purchase price. The Cut are better than the Bro but neither seems that great of first listen.

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #10,241 of 33,689
Received my YINJW P8 today.

Ordered on Friday 21st and received them on the 25th!!!!!! That's an absolute record from the China to UK for me; 4 days!!

Anyway first impressions are really really positive and the £14 I spent on a 3 dynamic driver with crossover seems to have been money well spent.

I'll have a good listen later on and post, but initial impression is they are balanced with good separation and soundstage.

Interesting, because others have said they are very underwhelming.

Looking forward to your full impression.

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #10,242 of 33,689
Interesting, because others have said they are very underwhelming.

Looking forward to your full impression.
I actually just received the p8's today. I couldn't pass up a dynamic triple driver for 16 bucks, lol. I've never even heard of a dynamic triple driver before. I am pleasantly surprised by these. They have a very smooth, balanced sound, with just a bit of an elevated low end. I'm actually extremely happy with them and would have paid more than double the price for this kind of sound and build quality. They're definitely worth trying out.

Just received my Yinjw P8 earphones, triple dynamic micro drivers on each side with a crossover network. So far I am supremely underwhelmed. Thin and veiled sounding with a mid-range that is too recessed. I'm going to let them burn in for a while and see if anything gets better.

These are the only other impressions I can find and agree with @thejoker13 completely about them being smooth and balanced. I think the mids are a strong point and are very present with both male and female vocals sounding great along with guitars strings and pianos.

I definitely wouldn't say they were thin and veiled with a recessed midrange, I can only assume @nplateau has a faulty pair as they're the complete opposite to me????

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #10,243 of 33,689
These are the only other impressions I can find and agree with @thejoker13 completely about them being smooth and balanced. I think the mids are a strong point and are very present with both male and female vocals sounding great along with guitars strings and pianos.

I definitely wouldn't say they were thin and veiled with a recessed midrange, I can only assume @nplateau has a faulty pair as they're the complete opposite to me????

I've ordered a pair as well, never heard a triple dynamic driver so just have to try one. Would probably be a couple of weeks before they arrive though.......

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #10,244 of 33,689
I've ordered a pair as well, never heard a triple dynamic driver so just have to try one. Would probably be a couple of weeks before they arrive though.......

Mine took 4 days to the UK from nicehck.

Still can't believe how quickly they came!

They're a nice alternative to the usual v shaped sound you get at this price point, and the build quality is fantastic for the price.

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #10,245 of 33,689
Everybody hears differently. What's veiled to one may be clear to another. I think it also depends on what gear you have heard before, I've thought stuff was super clear in my early days and now I realize it was not good at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back