Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 27, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #9,722 of 33,689
There are two Urbanfuns, well three if you include the crazy expensive carbon.

Urbanfun Color - dynamic only - available in white, yellow, red and orange

Urbanfun Hifi - Hybrid - - available in Green and Black only

The earpieces look to be identical in terms of shape only the colour is different (I think)

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #9,724 of 33,689
There are two Urbanfuns, well three if you include the crazy expensive carbon.

Urbanfun Color - dynamic only - available in white, yellow, red and orange

Urbanfun Hifi - Hybrid - - available in Green and Black only

The earpieces look to be identical in terms of shape only the colour is different (I think)

Thanks Vidal, this makes it a lot clearer. Seems I got the Hybrid after all. I was beginning to get doubts on my buy.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #9,725 of 33,689
I've noticed that one seller uses the description 'new Urbanfun':

It is the version I have with the simpler grey untextured rubber cable. In comparison with the 'old' Urbanfun which has a textured silver cable the handsfree remote is higher up, close to the left earbud. The old Urbanfun has it far closer to the Y-split.

Question is, is this another case of Sendiy M2 or just a cheaper re-cabling?

More likely a fake Urbanfun IMO

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #9,727 of 33,689
It is the version I have with the simpler grey untextured rubber cable. In comparison with the 'old' Urbanfun which has a textured silver cable the handsfree remote is higher up, close to the left earbud. The old Urbanfun has it far closer to the Y-split.

IMG_20170627_182311_951.jpg

This is what I have. I guess it's the older version you're referring to.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #9,728 of 33,689
I'll contact the seller to be sure.

Just looking at Ali now, looks like the hybrid has been replaced by a berylium dynamic. Seems very strange that a company who's selling a well regarded hybrid would switch to a cheaper dynamic. Bait and Switch anyone?

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #9,730 of 33,689
Just looking at Ali now, looks like the hybrid has been replaced by a berylium dynamic. Seems very strange that a company who's selling a well regarded hybrid would switch to a cheaper dynamic. Bait and Switch anyone?

Could be bait and switch. I would have no problem if the seller advertised the beryllium dynamic one but my seller clearly showed the 'old' Urbanfun with silver textured cable while sending me the 'new' one with the grey rubber cable. If that means I've gotten a dynamic IEM instead of a hybrid that is a problem in my book. Unfortunately I already closed customer protection as I didn't notice at first. I've mailed the seller nonetheless and if he provides me some interesting info I'll post it here in this thread.

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #9,732 of 33,689
Could be bait and switch. I would have no problem if the seller advertised the beryllium dynamic one but my seller clearly showed the 'old' Urbanfun with silver textured cable while sending me the 'new' one with the grey rubber cable. If that means I've gotten a dynamic IEM instead of a hybrid that is a problem in my book. Unfortunately I already closed customer protection as I didn't notice at first. I've mailed the seller nonetheless and if he provides me some interesting info I'll post it here in this thread.

You can open a dispute after you've confirmed it's arrived. You have 15 days

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #9,734 of 33,689
I have the Urbanfun HiFi too but I'm not sure if I've purchased the original one with the hybrid drivers because many reported that the latter ones come with only a dynamic driver.

Hmmm, I would think this would be big news on HF if urbanfun is pulling a bait and switch.

How do we know if the people reporting that "latter ones only come with a dynamic" weren't simply searching for "urbanfun" (no Hifi), and bought the 1st (cheapest) listing they found? Because the 2 models look similar, but the beryllium single driver is much cheaper.

Also, it's most likely that the BA driver is installed in the nozzle, like the KZ ZST, Xiaomi Pro HD, etc. So all that should be required is to pop off the nozzle screen and take a look see. Shouldn't take more than 10 seconds to verify.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #9,735 of 33,689
You can open a dispute after you've confirmed it's arrived. You have 15 days

The last few orders I've got on AE ended up having a blatantly incorrect description on 1 and defective DOA on the other. I was left high and dry by AE's dispute system. Everything was clearly black and white in the evidence photos/videos I submitted with the dispute. But AE's final solution was to ship it back to China for a refund. Ummm, $20 and $30 return shipping on a $11 and $14 order? No thanks.

I haven't decided if I should just eat it, or dispute it w/my credit card company & have the funds reversed. I don't know if AE will retaliate somehow though...

I know this is why AE doesn't accept PayPal, because PayPal doesn't jerk you around when it comes to disputes, counterfeits, DOAs, etc. AE would rather be in the power position to call the shots and bend you over if they want to, and it seems they almost always side with the seller (not the other way around like on Amazon, ebay, PayPal). That's why shady sellers flock to AE like flies on dog doodoo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back