Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 20, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #9,587 of 33,689
received my zs5 + silver

DAC = Fiio Q1
OOTB impression

this is 100% subjective
the sibilance is somewhat similar (a bit more actually) compared to my 4in1 (using tennmak upgrade cable, not like there's any difference anyway, but some ppl might bother about it)
bass wise, it indeed has more bass in a sense. but it's a little muddy, only a very little though, should be fine after some brain burn in
while it's indeed punchy it feels like something is like holding it up

and probably i'm the only one that's not so impressed with soundstage?
i feel like its about the same with 4in1
clarity 4in1 still wins

overall i don't think it's better than 4in1,as there's ups and downs.
if you want a bit more bass go for zs5, if you like clarity go for 4in1

now i'm interested how 6in1 sounds like

Shocked at your soundstage comments as to me they have the best soundstage of any iem I own (including the 4in1).

I like the 4in1, but I think the ZS5s dump on them from a great height in clarity, separation, layering, mids, sub bass impact and soundstage.

Like you said though, it's all subjective!

:beerchug:

P.s.

Try the larger tips with a shallow fit as they massively improved for me with a good seal.

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #9,588 of 33,689
Last night, I was comparing the SENDIY M1221 against the "intime SORA's" and even though the SORA's has very good resolution....just as good as the K3 PRO's, K3 HD's, and KZ ZS5's, the sense of imaging, staging, openess, and details still went to the SENDIY M1221. It was as if someone took a vail off the drivers.
M1221 are still my favorite for imaging, RES, and clarity. :sunglasses: ...can't go wrong with 3 tuning nozzles that really work well. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #9,589 of 33,689
Shocked at your soundstage comments as to me they have the best soundstage of any iem I own (including the 4in1).

I like the 4in1, but I think the ZS5s dump on them from a great height in clarity, separation, layering, mids, sub bass impact and soundstage.

Like you said though, it's all subjective!

:beerchug:

P.s.

Try the larger tips with a shallow fit as they massively improved for me with a good seal.

I have the JVC Spirals. Will it work well?

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #9,591 of 33,689
Well the Blitzwolf Hybrids were a bit 'meh!', certainly nothing to write home about.

That's disappointing. I was looking forward to hearing good news on those.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #9,594 of 33,689
Bummer about the Blitzwolf Hybirds. I will write up a requick view of their single graphene driver soon.

Does anyone remember those Balanced armature full size headphones from taobao?
I'm interested in giving them a go.

Jun 22, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #9,597 of 33,689
Found them...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MaG...lgo_pvid=076c2e84-006c-4ad7-8a33-74884ac5cb8d

I've tried dynamic, electrostatic, piezoelectric and planar so now it's just BA and electret to go.

Hmmm, I'm skeptical that BA drivers placed that far away from your ear will make any difference whatsoever. Otherwise, it would be commonplace in full-size headphones wouldn't it?

The other possibility is that description is a typo/erroneous.

That's a ~$60 headphone. You can buy 4 of them for $240!

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #9,598 of 33,689
Hmmm, I'm skeptical that BA drivers placed that far away from your ear will make any difference whatsoever. Otherwise, it would be commonplace in full-size headphones wouldn't it?

The other possibility is that description is a typo/erroneous.

That's a ~$60 headphone. You can buy 4 of them for $240!
Some of the Final Audio Sonorous headphones use a hybrid DD + BA system.

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #9,600 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back