CanOpener?
Mar 8, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #226 of 270

Thanks for reply,
I tried some hi-res song which bought on hifitrack.com but the Hi-Fs led also not lighted,
and then I tried the same song in Onkyo HF Player, the led lighted.
So may I ask for your CanOpener settings?

Currently, my setting is:
Sample Rate Converter - Standard
Dither - Yes (Dither Bypassed)
Crossfeed Clipping Prevention - No
Crossfeed Realism - Standard
and with full bypass output mode.

Is there any differences with your settings?
Thanks!

Yes certainly, nearly all of my files are ALAC .m4a type, but I do have some .flac files to test with at 24/192 kHz.

Settings are:

SRC - Standard
Dither - No (Dither Enabled)
Crossfeed - Bypass (no crossfeed, no EQ, nothing)

HiFi pack installed.

So the only difference is I have Dither enabled. But I just tested and it makes no difference, I can select "Yes" (Dither Bypassed) and I still get the same result.

I tried some .flac files, 3 different albums, and those also playback properly at 24/192.

I am on iOS6, a previous post uses iOS7, are you on iOS8?

You might also just try a full shut down of the CanOpener app by double pressing the Home button, then press/hold the CanOpener icon until it allows for shut down.

When I first got CanOpener a long time ago every now and then it would get fussy for no reason, a full shut down and restart of the app always cured things. But that hasn't happened in a while now.

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #227 of 270

I also just tried switching around to playback files at other sample rates, to see if it ever gets "stuck", and when I go back to a 24/192 or 24/176.4 file, everything is normal and the DAC's LEDs display the correct sample rate.

In Settings you can scroll down to the "About" section and send the developer an email, maybe ask if iOS8 is currently fully supported and/or report this as a bug.

I guess it could also be a firmware issue with the Sony unit.

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #228 of 270

Yes certainly, nearly all of my files are ALAC .m4a type, but I do have some .flac files to test with at 24/192 kHz.

Settings are:

SRC - Standard
Dither - No (Dither Enabled)
Crossfeed - Bypass (no crossfeed, no EQ, nothing)

HiFi pack installed.

So the only difference is I have Dither enabled. But I just tested and it makes no difference, I can select "Yes" (Dither Bypassed) and I still get the same result.

I tried some .flac files, 3 different albums, and those also playback properly at 24/192.

I am on iOS6, a previous post uses iOS7, are you on iOS8?

You might also just try a full shut down of the CanOpener app by double pressing the Home button, then press/hold the CanOpener icon until it allows for shut down.

When I first got CanOpener a long time ago every now and then it would get fussy for no reason, a full shut down and restart of the app always cured things. But that hasn't happened in a while now.

I tried enable Dither and also nothing happened,
but then I full shut down the app like you said,
when I restart CanOpener and play the same song,
the miracle finally happened!!!
The Hi-Fs led finally lighted!!

So I guess maybe the CanOpener will cache the device status so that not recognize the new external DAC,
You've been a big help! Thank you very much!

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #229 of 270
Currently, my setting is:
Sample Rate Converter - HQ
Dither - Yes (Dither Bypassed)
Crossfeed Realism - Most Realistic

Hifi pack, Speaker+ and Pencil EQ installed

Version 1.3

Source files were:

44.1 ALAC - CDs ripped using itunes
48 ALAC - converted from 96K source using dBamp
192 FLAC - purchased from HDTracks

I tried changing my settings to match yours but still could not reproduce your problem

Thanks for your help,
I change all settings but nothing happened,
but then I full shut down the CanOpener and restart it,
the led finally lighted, all works good now,
also really appreciate for your help!

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #233 of 270
Hi everyone, first time poster here!

I'm trying to use the Dosimeter with my VSonic VSD5's and am running into some trouble. I created a custom in ear headphone setting at 32 Ohms and 108 db/mW, but it seems as if the dB measurements are too high. I tried some other in-ear presets and the dB measurements were a lot lower. Are there any presets that best mimic the VSD5, or is there any chance that the VSD5 will be added to the preset list?

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #234 of 270
Anyone here using a Oneplus One?? I've got an iOS device and am a fan of can-opener. I've recently been using a oneplus one - specifcially the maxxaudio maxx space function and it seems to perform the same function as can-opener - can anyone else who has used both comment?

May 2, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #235 of 270
Would this effect ipad air 2 and Senn. Hd650 setup in a positive way? I don't want to listen 650 through my Valhalla 2 all the time. This kills ipad's portability.

May 2, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #236 of 270
Would this effect ipad air 2 and Senn. Hd650 setup in a positive way? I don't want to listen 650 through my Valhalla 2 all the time. This kills ipad's portability.

Well. I quite enjoy the effects of canopener in general. But well... On 650s. Don't know what kind of a difference you'll see. I mean canopener isn't a virtual amp. That's more in the audiofx or maxxaudio territory.

May 29, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #240 of 270
  Is this app still under development? Long time no posts from the dev and long time without updates.
Since their website shows a bunch of new stuff, I wonder if canopener is benched..

Looking at their site, it looks as though they are doing a lot of dev work on PC/Mac applications. Honestly, this app is so good as it is, I don't even know what they would do to make it better. I'm pretty much blown away by Can Opener!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back