Brainwavz HM5 Pads (Different Colours / Velour / Leather)
Mar 31, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #256 of 270
Hi guys,

I've been thinking to change the original velours of my beyer dt880.
Cant decide between lambskin and pleather.. and should I go standard or angled?
*dont know yet what is the advantage of angled pads

I'd appreciate the advice, thanks

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #258 of 270
Angled pads attempt to bring the driver of the headphone more inline allowing it to fire directly into the ear canal. They can also help with some headphones that have an issue sealing along the rear of the cup (behind your ear). Now whether or not that helps or hurts the sound of your headphone is down to individual headphones. I use standard HM5 pads on several of my headphones. I figure that the designers wanted their headphones to fire into my ears they way they did when I bought them, so I don't add angle where it wasn't meant to be. Just my opinion, YMMV. As for lambskin vs pleather, the lambskin wins hands down for me. They feel better against my head and breathe a bit more than the pleather.

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #259 of 270
Angled pads attempt to bring the driver of the headphone more inline allowing it to fire directly into the ear canal. They can also help with some headphones that have an issue sealing along the rear of the cup (behind your ear). Now whether or not that helps or hurts the sound of your headphone is down to individual headphones. I use standard HM5 pads on several of my headphones. I figure that the designers wanted their headphones to fire into my ears they way they did when I bought them, so I don't add angle where it wasn't meant to be. Just my opinion, YMMV. As for lambskin vs pleather, the lambskin wins hands down for me. They feel better against my head and breathe a bit more than the pleather.

Thanks.

Any noticable difference in sound between lambskin and pleather?

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #260 of 270

Thanks.

Any noticable difference in sound between lambskin and pleather?

In mids and highs, I'd say no. In the lows I'd say the lambskin transfers more of the sub bass to my head, but it's not a drastic difference.

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #261 of 270
Heya, i just wanted to post a update here that Brainwavz now have round shaped earpads, the current Brainwavz earpads are oval shaped. We have them in pleather (various colors), velour and sheepskin, they are as well made as our other earpads, using high quality materials and super comfortable memory foam. Dimensions are posted on the product pages.

They are priced the same as the oval earpads and are available on Brainwavzaudio.com, Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and many of our resellers around the globe:

Brainwavz Audio: https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/search?type=product&q=round+earpads

Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Brainwaz+round+earpads

Amazon.co.uk (ships to all of UK & EU): https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=brainwavz+round+earpads

I am also happy to announce that we are working on XL size earpads that can fit larger over the ear headphones, they will be in stock around the end of July (price still to be confirmed), here is a sneak peek:

IMG_20170522_141541_417.jpg

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #262 of 270
Heya, i just wanted to post a update here that Brainwavz now have round shaped earpads, the current Brainwavz earpads are oval shaped. We have them in pleather (various colors), velour and sheepskin, they are as well made as our other earpads, using high quality materials and super comfortable memory foam. Dimensions are posted on the product pages.

They are priced the same as the oval earpads and are available on Brainwavzaudio.com, Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and many of our resellers around the globe:

Brainwavz Audio: https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/search?type=product&q=round+earpads

Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Brainwaz+round+earpads

Amazon.co.uk (ships to all of UK & EU): https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=brainwavz+round+earpads

I am also happy to announce that we are working on XL size earpads that can fit larger over the ear headphones, they will be in stock around the end of July (price still to be confirmed), here is a sneak peek:

Sweet. Are there also going to be hybrid and angled versions too?

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #264 of 270
Has brainwavz lowered their quality standard? In the past I have had many oval pleathers and velours. On he400i I had round leather pads.

Today I received oval leather pads and they're pretty crappy. Some parts line up nicely others bulge out.IMG_20181022_151854.jpg IMG_20181022_151836.jpg
Wrinkled at the seam

IMG_20181022_151733.jpg
Opening at the back is tilted and not centered.IMG_20181022_152308.jpg
Looks like something some kid made in home EC class. For $40 these are a joke.

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #265 of 270
With natural leather pads the material may have wrinkling as it's not synthetic, however the wrinkling and bulging will normally go away when fitted to a headphone as this will stretch and pull the materials into place.

I am not discounting that the stitching could be off, we do produce A LOT of these and they are essentially all hand made, there is always the chance a few have their stitching misaligned, if such is the case, even after fitting them on to a headphone the appearance won't change.

If the latter is the case, please contact our support (help@yourbrainwavz.com) and they will assist to have them replaced. However in most cases these issues will resolve themselves upon fitting to a headphones.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused, but I do thank you for purchasing our products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back