Bose QC35 vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 (wireless!)
Dec 31, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #49 of 64
I also own the Bowers & Wilkins P7 (wireless), they sound sublime...my previous headphones were wired Sennheiser HD 25-1 II, I owned two of these over the course of 14 years!
I travel on the London Underground, it's a hell of a noisy way to travel and I'm curious to know how better could things sound? I used to own the B&W P5 (wireless) for a fortnight.. as much as they sound really incredible they didn't passively block out the sounds as well as I wish they could.

The P7s are much better in this respect.. the sound is immense but I can still hear the rattle of the underground train and the muffled sound of people and the service announcements from the train speakers.... if this is the best it's going to get then I'll happily stick with it. ... but that natural curiosity of wanting better and more is there.

Will I experience audio which is as good as P7 if I went for something like the Sony MDR-1000X?

I have always used Apple products and currently use an iPhone 7 plus

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #50 of 64
same question: qc35 vs p7 wireless .... last year I tried sennheiser m2 over ear, p7 and then oppo-3 pm, I was with Pm-3 because it was a couple of very defined headphones and quality, the ' but audio I did not like (too flat, a few emotions, congested soundstage) but I could not return it. But now I sell the 3-Pm to my brother and I qc35 and p7 trial that will come in these days, what would you recommend? I love wide soundstage, bass compounds but exciting, clear treble and mids that open the scene, all as sharp as possible, listening to music but also watched the film, I love the sound drastic effect film anc .... I do not care much if not helps you get the result I want .... between the two what do you recommend !? ... I also tried DT770 pro 16 ohm .... but I see a cut below. when qc35 is very satisfying but poorly defined ... p7 look and see ... you think? help me !!!

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #51 of 64
I demo the sony mdr1000x the other day at BB,  its one of the best noise canceling I ever used, better than bose I think.  sound quality was bad, due to BB source input(feel like they hook to AM or some crappy source)

I also demo the B&W p7 wireless, and its really good, but don't have the NC feature Sony has.

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #52 of 64
  I demo the sony mdr1000x the other day at BB,  its one of the best noise canceling I ever used, better than bose I think.  sound quality was bad, due to BB source input(feel like they hook to AM or some crappy source)

I also demo the B&W p7 wireless, and its really good, but don't have the NC feature Sony has.

thanks for the reply, the noise cancellation is only useful if it helps create the effect I look for in a headset, otherwise I have no need to anc. so I do not think for my use is essential. after this, p7 as sound quality, has more soundstage, definition, low compound but exciting, high and medium, the "cinematic" more than bose qc35 ?!

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #53 of 64
I am really wondering if at similar prices is there any wireless heaphone that can compete with the P7W audio quality wise?

The Bang and Olufsen Beoplay H7 or the Master & Dynamic MW60. I currently use both but have yet to hear the P7 wireless. Though I'm not sure yet if my next purchase will be the P7 wireless or the audio technica ath-dsr7bt / dsr9bt.

I think APTX HD is the way forward for now. Bluetooth 5.0 when introduced, should be able to stream lossless files without the need for any codecs such as AAC lossless or APTX HD.

I think as most people consider 320kbps mp3 as fit for purpose, the adoption rate in the consumer market for bluetooth technology is slow. Thanks to Apple it should start getting better and a lot more affordable.

May 7, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #54 of 64
Two of my work colleagues have the QC 35 and I thought they were very comfortable even thought the audio was just OK. How comfortable are the Bowers & Wilkins P7 wireless, do you feel much pressure against your head ?

May 7, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #55 of 64
Two of my work colleagues have the QC 35 and I thought they were very comfortable even thought the audio was just OK. How comfortable are the Bowers & Wilkins P7 wireless, do you feel much pressure against your head ?
I'd say the audio on the QC 35's were more than just OK. The extended sub bass reaches way down and is clean, mids are good and treble a drop too airy, far better than what I've heard from Bose in the past.

Jun 7, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #56 of 64
2euo4d3.jpg

I have both at the moment. The Bose was on sale for 299. The P7 Wireless is 399 here.

But for the extra 100€ you are getting much better bass definition, texture and dry punch. The QC35 is slower, more rounded, and sometimes more one note. The P7 Wireless has a more natural and organic mid range as well as vocal range. The treble is very crisp and airy, with good resolution. The QC35 treble is somewhat tizzy, harsh, and confused when the music gets busy. If you listen to the QC35 a lot you sort of let it go and it sounds good. Both have above average imaging.

The problem with the P7 W (despite sounding significantly better) is that the isolation is actually pretty bad. Not just compared to an NC headphone, also compared to other closed heaphones. It's alright for outside in a town with a couple of roads but little traffic, but city center with subway and so on the QC35 is the better choice. It is also more comfortable. But in terms of SQ the P7 is a mile ahead and then some in my books.

Jun 7, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #57 of 64
The QC35's are on Inner Fidelity's Wall of Fame, it's not easy to get there. I beg to differ about the quality of bass, I'm picky about that and have Mag planar cans for a reference, I think the base is well defined and it is very easy to pick out any and every note in a bass line melody, which many headphones cannot deliver. The FR is rather good, something I always felt that Bose had problems with in the past. Tyll at Inner Fidelity says, "Bass was wicked tight and extended for any headphone at this price."

Jun 10, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #59 of 64
it's better than QC25 but watch lachlanlikesathing review on the QC25 I think the bass description still has some truth for the QC35 too.

It sounds a little better to me know, maybe burn in, maybe getting used to it.
I don't think so, the QC35 is another animal. I compared it to headphones that I have that are in true audiophile territory and this is the first model Bose that makes my ears happy for non commuting listening purposes. I was not expecting results that are this good. I tried the QC30 IEMs and was totally disappointed and returned them and exchanged them for the QC35. I was looking for something small with ANC for commuting. I had to settle for something larger, hence the QC35 which turned out to be far better than expected.

Jul 22, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #60 of 64
Hello there

I have a question to those owning both, the P7 wireless and the Bose QC35:
After listening to the P7w in a store I ordered them online. When listening at home I immediately encountered some background noise/hiss when they are connected over bluetooth. I know with bluetooth this hiss is inevitable but since I didn't notice it in the store and haven't read about it in reviews, I was surprised it is that "loud" (not really very loud but well hearable when listening to calm piano pieces/soundtrack or podcasts).
I have a colleague which owns the QC35 and I would say the hiss of the P7w is about 4-5 times louder than the one of the QC35 (which is really really quiet). Could somebody who listened to both tell me if this is normal for the P7w?
From different sources online I only found that the hiss is loud or quiet but no "measurement" which is why I'm asking like this.
I've read a faulty bluetooth chip could lead to louder hiss and since I'm also having problems with connectivity (losing connection, headphones not being found by sources, headphones not connecting automatically to main device...) I thought there could be a problem with the chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back