Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone
Jul 27, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #976 of 4,790
I've never had serious issues with hairs in my Beyerdynamics. On a couple rare occasions there has been rattling that I've attributed to hairs, but I have managed to pull them out as they have been stuck in the white paper that covers the driver. Sometimes it's difficult to spot the hairs, though.

for me they went inside everytime. because it was crappy protector at first for the 2 first times then it happened with the new ones also.. it so costly, takes long time, I need my friend to solder a new speakers for me everytime. I can't pull the hair from the sticky thing, it passes this white thing it passes everything, why it doesn't happen with other headphones only beyerdynamic.... i am sick of it.. I ruined the speaker trying to pull the har, I can't see them all, they so tiny. and this sticky thing like glue bubble or something so weak, you can ruin it so easy and the speaker ia kaput.. why do I need to clean my headphones, never in my life I needed to do that with any other headphones.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #978 of 4,790
Woah! Hopefully the 1770 or 1990 pro dont have these issues as I have my eye on both of them

Don't think the DT 1770, DT 1990, and Amiron Home have that issue, they changed the front dampening on them compared to the older Beyers I believe one focus was to prevent hair from passing through. Don't think the T1.2 has the hair issue either.

Jul 27, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #979 of 4,790
Don't think the DT 1770, DT 1990, and Amiron Home have that issue, they changed the front dampening on them compared to the older Beyers I believe one focus was to prevent hair from passing through. Don't think the T1.2 has the hair issue either.
Awesome thanks for the info.

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #981 of 4,790
If I have DT990 , is the 1990 DT would be any better ? The MOST IMPORTANT thing, is that do the DT1990 have the HAIR issue ?? I already replaced 4 speakers on my 2 DT990 Headphones,, It's driving me insane. I like the quality so much I can't even think on other headphones. but this HAIR issue ruins my headphones every time ! my friend help me with the soldering of the headphones and it's perfect job , but hair comes every time .. now it happened again. I'm using a fresh headphones that we fixed and I put 2 Protectors so it will cover everything !! , I tried to fix by myself the speaker which had hair and I ruined it just today .

I just something perfect. I will send beyerdynamic message about this thing so they do something for me after I bought 4-5 speakers just to fix this damned issue over and over again.

I haven't heard of anyone that I know with the DT990 having problems with hair in the driver, mine are about 3 years old and I've never cleaned them but did check today and it still looks like new, aside from the dual mini-XLR jacks that I installed so I can use cables from my LCD series.

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #982 of 4,790
I haven't heard of anyone that I know with the DT990 having problems with hair in the driver, mine are about 3 years old and I've never cleaned them but did check today and it still looks like new, aside from the dual mini-XLR jacks that I installed so I can use cables from my LCD series.
I had the hair issue with my two DT 770s (80 and 32ohm). Everything fine with DT 1990 since october 2016.

Aug 3, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #987 of 4,790
I'm definitely interested in the 1990's I'll be getting a pair soon..

Aug 4, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #989 of 4,790
I'm definitely interested in the 1990's I'll be getting a pair soon..

You will not regret it! It is a brilliant headphone in many ways.

29365916431_1aa0c5fcd4_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back