Best (in terms of isolation) N/C cans for gun range
Oct 22, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #17 of 20
Personally, I stay away from listening to music while shooting, as it can be a distraction. Also, it's critical that you have active "quick" noise cancellation, that still allows you to hear range officer commands. I too, double up when shooting indoors by using inner ear plugs under my NC muffs.

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobinNJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I stay away from listening to music while shooting, as it can be a distraction. Also, it's critical that you have active "quick" noise cancellation, that still allows you to hear range officer commands. I too, double up when shooting indoors by using inner ear plugs under my NC muffs.

^ My thoughts as well. Particularly when shooting at a public range I really like to be aware of what the people are doing around me and having electronic muffs that allows me to hear them. I have seen some "dumb" things at the range and the more warning I have regarding a potential issue then the better.

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #19 of 20
Slightly off topic since I didn't want to start another thread.

I use a Howard Leight Impact Sport when I shoot my AR.  Due to restrictions and accessibility, I'm force to fire indoors.  These works great for me with addition to those orange disposable ear protection.  I also use it when I'm mowing the lawn (the engine noise is cut off, but I can hear conversation in front of me---I cannot hear from the back due to location of mic, or if I'm working on my table saw)

My query though is: Is there a Bluetooth receiver that I can use to connect to the Howard Leight Impact Sport, so I can pair the BT to my Android phone while I'm mowing the grass?

I'm come across with something like GOgroove BlueGate Bluetooth Adapter Wireless Receiver with A2DP Technology or  BlueFlame Bluetooth Wireless Music Receiver (which appears the same to honestly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back