Audio-gd NFB-28
May 10, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #1,786 of 2,104
It doesn't make a big difference in my experience. Thanks for your wishes. Spending $110 to get this thing back to China is no fun. It is a shame since my first two purchases worked perfectly and this one (the most pricey one) is acting up.

I just hope Kingwa won't tell me there is nothing wrong with the unit and is able to find the problem and send a new unit over to me. *Cross fingers*

If audio gd determines that indeed its a manufacturing problem, they will refund your shipping costs, but only to up to what they charged for originally shipping to you.

May 10, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #1,787 of 2,104
If audio gd determines that indeed its a manufacturing problem, they will refund your shipping costs, but only to up to what they charged for originally shipping to you.

That I am aware. I hope it is a manufacturing problem so I can get some money back on shipping.

Also, sad that another user is having problems similar to on my unit.

May 11, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,788 of 2,104
Mmm. My NFB-28.38 will be here on Monday. If it has these same issues I guess I'll be shipping it right back for $100+. That'd be rather disappointing.

May 11, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #1,789 of 2,104
Mmm. My NFB-28.38 will be here on Monday. If it has these same issues I guess I'll be shipping it right back for $100+. That'd be rather disappointing.

HyperDuel is having an issue with all FLACs, which is a show stopper. My issue is only with certain high-res FLACs. These FLACs play fine when downsampled to 44.1. Hopefully not every unit is affected and yours is fine.

May 11, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #1,790 of 2,104
I actually typically use lossy, but even so it would bother me if it doesn't work right with lossless formats. It would hurt resale value quite a lot to not have that addressed.

May 14, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #1,791 of 2,104
Anyone had/tried the AGD NFB-11 (2015) before? Looking for comparisons btw this and NFB-28. Granted the price difference, but still interested to know if the difference is significant :)

May 15, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #1,792 of 2,104
I received my NFB-28.38, and it appears mine it free from issues for now. I tried the FLAC file that was linked and had no clicking. Noise floor seems fine. The silver looks nice too. Really happy with this thing. Haven't been able to try out the remote yet. Didn't know it needed CR2032 and wouldn't come with them. Not a big deal. Placed an order on Amazon already.

May 16, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #1,793 of 2,104
I received my NFB-28.38, and it appears mine it free from issues for now. I tried the FLAC file that was linked and had no clicking. Noise floor seems fine. The silver looks nice too. Really happy with this thing. Haven't been able to try out the remote yet. Didn't know it needed CR2032 and wouldn't come with them. Not a big deal. Placed an order on Amazon already.

Quick comparison with the Jot?

May 16, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #1,795 of 2,104
I just emailed Kingwa to find out whether it's possible to set the display on my NFB-28 to turn off after a few seconds. He says on my model (the 2014) version it's not possible. I'm just posting here so search engines can pick it up, in case anyone else has the same question.

May 17, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #1,796 of 2,104

Good to hear your unit has no clicking sound (there is hope for my unit to be fixed :)). Are you sure you set your computer & playback software to output 24/88.2?

I think the lack of battery is a safety/customs issue. My customs declaration said "no batteries".

The annoying thing about the remote is you can increase/decrease volume 1 step at a time only - holding either button down does nothing. The dangerous thing about the remote is the Gain button. I don't see the a need for changing the gain via the remote. I use the lowest gain and was using the unit as a DAC+preamp. Accidentally pressed the gain button and it got louder. Pressed it again due a panic reaction and it got even louder! I jumped out of my seat and turned out the volume using the knob before it could damage my ears/equipment.

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #1,797 of 2,104
Still waiting on EMS to deliver the package to Kingwa. Per USPS it was suppose to be delivered yesterday their time, but it isn't showing as being delivered yet.

Please keep us posted on the progress of your unit getting fixed. I'm waiting for Kingwa to figure out what is wrong with your unit before sending mine in:). In the meantime I am able to use all CD resolution (16/44.1) and some Hi-Res tracks without issues.

May 17, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #1,798 of 2,104
Please keep us posted on the progress of your unit getting fixed. I'm waiting for Kingwa to figure out what is wrong with your unit before sending mine in:). In the meantime I am able to use all CD resolution (16/44.1) and some Hi-Res tracks without issues.

We will see about that. Item was not delivered by Tuesday (per USPS Delivery Date). Since I shipped it via EMS (Priority Mail International Express), I filed a claim last night to investigate the package plus get a shipping refund (which USPS does offer if shipping via EMS and to an approved country like China). It would suck if the package was lost in China. >.>

May 17, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #1,799 of 2,104
We will see about that. Item was not delivered by Tuesday (per USPS Delivery Date). Since I shipped it via EMS (Priority Mail International Express), I filed a claim last night to investigate the package plus get a shipping refund (which USPS does offer if shipping via EMS and to an approved country like China). It would suck if the package was lost in China. >.>

Don't worry, it will get there. USPS tracking is sometimes delayed, you may not have an up to date picture of where the package might be.

May 18, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #1,800 of 2,104
Don't worry, it will get there. USPS tracking is sometimes delayed, you may not have an up to date picture of where the package might be.

Actually, I am using China Post's tracking for my EMS package. Kingwa confirmed that he did not receive the package yesterday. It shouldn't take longer than seven days for an EMS package to be delivered. Also, USPS does offer a money back policy for EMS packages if it wasn't delivered by the guarantee delivery date (which for this package was 05/16/17).

I will be angry if China Post lost an EMS package. That means almost $900 down the drain and I don't think Kingwa will offer any refund if it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back