Audeze LCD-4
Oct 28, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #1,216 of 11,994
Wow, that graph looks amazing!

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #1,217 of 11,994
Here, I'll post these frequency response graphs for my LCD-4, LCD-3F, and LCD-X. Frequency response graphs don't tell the whole story, especially for the LCD-4 with its much faster driver and lower distortion than most other headphones, but it'll give you some comparative idea.

did your LCD-4 come with the FR graphs or did you request it by emailing Audeze?

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #1,219 of 11,994
Surely these must be a way to measure "fast-ness"/"speed"... square wave reproduction accuracy perhaps?

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #1,220 of 11,994
Shembot, thanks for sharing the sound of the LCD4. Ever since I sold my LCD2, I always wanted to come back to the Audeze sound. have you ever heard the LCD2, if so how do the LCD4 compare in the bass department?

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #1,221 of 11,994
Shembot, thanks for sharing the sound of the LCD4. Ever since I sold my LCD2, I always wanted to come back to the Audeze sound. have you ever heard the LCD2, if so how do the LCD4 compare in the bass department?

Word. If the LCD-4s are at the same level or better than the X in bass quantity/quality, I'll start an upgrade fund immediately.

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #1,222 of 11,994
  Surely these must be a way to measure "fast-ness"/"speed"... square wave reproduction accuracy perhaps?

Transient response would show that. The tighter the peak, and the less ringing, the better. It would also somewhat show on the initial edge of a square wave, when compared to frequency.

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #1,223 of 11,994
I bet Shembot wishes he just replied...

"I only bought them as they match my new coffee table from WALMART"..

I am suprised we haven't ask yet " For gods sake the smell, describe it to us man"
8^p

Keep up the good work mate..

I'd show my B+W P7'S with me naked and a rose between my teeth. But that's how I met the wife... A LCD 4 is cheaper IMHO...

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #1,224 of 11,994

Yes, there is a way to measure it, but those measurements are internal to Audeze. I don't think they provide them with every headphone like they do the FR graph.

Sorry, I've never heard the LCD-2, and I don't know anyone who has one I can borrow to compare.

Word. If the LCD-4s are at the same level or better than the X in bass quantity/quality, I'll start an upgrade fund immediately.

Bass quantity matches and quality exceeds the LCD-X to my ear, but the LCD-X's bass seems slightly more prominent due to its relationship to the rest of the overall tuning. 

I am suprised we haven't ask yet " For gods sake the smell, describe it to us man"
8^p

It has a distinctive aroma that could best be described as the smell of freshly printed bankruptcy paperwork combined with subtle hints of the interior of a divorce attorney's office. But no, it smells like any other Audeze headphone.  

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #1,225 of 11,994
did your LCD-4 come with the FR graphs or did you request it by emailing Audeze?

FR graph must be requested by emailing Audeze just as with any other Audeze headphone.

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #1,226 of 11,994
Ha my cunning plan worked, I divorce the wife, move to the USA, have a non secular gay wedding.. A bit elaborate but headphones is headphones...

Smell is one of the senses...
The sense of satisfaction ....

Keep up the good work... better get back to mine...

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #1,227 of 11,994
  Here, I'll post these frequency response graphs for my LCD-4, LCD-3F, and LCD-X. Frequency response graphs don't tell the whole story, especially for the LCD-4 with its much faster driver and lower distortion than most other headphones, but it'll give you some comparative idea.

That's some very interesting graph, have never seen any FR curve like this, can't wait to get my hands on them.

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,228 of 11,994
Yes, there is a way to measure it, but those measurements are internal to Audeze. I don't think they provide them with every headphone like they do the FR graph.

l
It has a distinctive aroma that could best be described as the smell of freshly printed bankruptcy paperwork combined with subtle hints of the interior of a divorce attorney's office. But no, it smells like any other Audeze headphone.  

Hopefully your marriage will endure, divorces are a nasty, hot mess!

Ha my cunning plan worked, I divorce the wife, move to the USA, have a non secular gay wedding.. A bit elaborate but headphones is headphones...

Smell is one of the senses...
The sense of satisfaction ....

Keep up the good work... better get back to mine...

Quite the elaborate scheme, you wouldn't happen to be seeking a "potential spouse" well endowed with headphones and cash now Middy?:beers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back