Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 24, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #3,121 of 7,352
I do not think there is any wrong with the measurements from Tyll, the reason you are seeing such a big difference is because it is very likely you are comparing the compensated curve (red/blue) from passive measurements to the raw measurements from Cipher cable. I do not know what compensation curve Tyll uses for IEMs as DF, ID and FF compensation are not applicable here. But using a compensated curve will almost double the difference.

It would be more appropriate for you to compare the raw (grey) passive measurements to the measurement with Cipher EQ. This would put it in the 10dB range.

(Edited for typos)

-Karthick

Thank you for the explanation, that makes sense.

Still, I am confused by this picture:
upload_2017-7-24_14-35-53.png

The range on the left is 24db (from -12dB to -36dB), the range on the right is 12dB (from 6dB to -6dB).
Why are there 2 ranges?

Also, the setting for 1583Hz is -6.1dB, and for 2545Hz is +6dB, yet the difference in the graph isn't 12.1dB, no matter what range I use...

Is it possible to post the non-parametric EQ settings, e.g. for the 31-band Foobar2000 equalizer?
upload_2017-7-24_14-42-11.png

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #3,122 of 7,352
I just received my iSINE 20 to be used with my SP1000.

First positive impression : it needs much less power than the LCD-i4 ! My SP1000 can drive it easily while it was not good with the LCD-i4 . (volume level was OK, but not the sound).

Full listening impression & comparaison with my SHURE KSE1500 later

I hope I was right not to order directly the LCD-i4.... :ksc75smile: . (I considered that I got the SHURE for precision/careful listening, and the i-Shine 20 for casual listening and... jogging)

PS : does someone recommend an after market cable that REALLY improve the sound ? The original cable really looks like...toy !
I have the Forza Audio cable on mine and all copper and it really changed my isine20.

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #3,123 of 7,352
I just received my iSINE 20 to be used with my SP1000.

First positive impression : it needs much less power than the LCD-i4 ! My SP1000 can drive it easily while it was not good with the LCD-i4 . (volume level was OK, but not the sound).

Full listening impression & comparaison with my SHURE KSE1500 later

I hope I was right not to order directly the LCD-i4.... :ksc75smile: . (I considered that I got the SHURE for precision/careful listening, and the i-Shine 20 for casual listening and... jogging)

PS : does someone recommend an after market cable that REALLY improve the sound ? The original cable really looks like...toy !
yes, my pure silver and copper cable could put both the factory of isine/sine to the bin. and now when i consider buying new cans, i would contact my cable builder if their team could build the cable for it.

Jul 24, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #3,124 of 7,352
yes, my pure silver and copper cable could put both the factory of isine/sine to the bin. and now when i consider buying new cans, i would contact my cable builder if their team could build the cable for it.

What cable exactly is yours ? it is a mix of silver and copper ?

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #3,126 of 7,352
The product is listed at 3W. This to me translates that it handle the current required to reproduce subbass properly, as long as the signal is "clean".

exactly brother.

These things are barely breaking a sweat with that e12. My mojo cant keep up with the isines, thinking about a idsd so i can have some headroom and not clip the amp.

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #3,127 of 7,352

The range on the left is 24db (from -12dB to -36dB), the range on the right is 12dB (from 6dB to -6dB).
Why are there 2 ranges?

Also, the setting for 1583Hz is -6.1dB, and for 2545Hz is +6dB, yet the difference in the graph isn't 12.1dB, no matter what range I use...

Is it possible to post the non-parametric EQ settings, e.g. for the 31-band Foobar2000 equalizer?

You could just install a parametric EQ in Foobar and just copy the same settings.

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #3,128 of 7,352
According to Tyll's measurements over at innerfidelity the iSine20 requires a solid 0.01 mW to reach 90 dBSPL and it needs as much current at the lowest bass frequency as at any other frequency. You clip your ears long before you clip any amp that can deliver 10 mW.

Jul 24, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #3,132 of 7,352

Why are there 2 ranges?
The left side levels are for a real-time spectrum analyzer, so you can ignore it. The right side is the gain levels for the EQ.

Parametric EQ does not work like Graphic-EQ, The peaks have a 'spread' or 'band-width'. The effect is cumulative and adjacent bands will affect each other leading to attenuation or increase in gain.

Sure, is possible. With graphic EQ, what you see is not always what you get, but Foobar has enough bands and is one of the better implementations that will to give you a smooth response. Though you will not be able to be exactly like the one I posted, it will be close enough for all practical purposes. Here is the the preset file I created, you can download and import directly: cipher.xgeq. Later I will post how the actual frequency response looks like for comparison.

If you would like to replicate the EQ exactly, then you can use the convovler in Foobar and download and unzip these files. You can choose a filter (.wav file) for a specific sample rate or use a resamlpler.
FoobarConvolver.jpg

Jul 24, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #3,133 of 7,352
The left side levels are for a real-time spectrum analyzer, so you can ignore it. The right side is the gain levels for the EQ.

Parametric EQ does not work like Graphic-EQ, The peaks have a 'spread' or 'band-width'. The effect is cumulative and adjacent bands will affect each other leading to attenuation or increase in gain.

Sure, is possible. With graphic EQ, what you see is not always what you get, but Foobar has enough bands and is one of the better implementations that will to give you a smooth response. Though you will not be able to be exactly like the one I posted, it will be close enough for all practical purposes. Here is the the preset file I created, you can download and import directly: cipher.xgeq. Later I will post how the actual frequency response looks like for comparison.

If you would like to replicate the EQ exactly, then you can use the convovler in Foobar and download and unzip these files. You can choose a filter (.wav file) for a specific sample rate or use a resamlpler.
Thank you!
I'll try both tomorrow.

The "convolver" is this one, right? http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_convolve

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #3,135 of 7,352

Users who are viewing this thread

Back