Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 25, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #2,821 of 7,352
I hope you enjoy. It make me a bit nervous knowing that people have different taste and opinions, so I hope you find them excellent.
it's coming this Tuesday!!! I cannot wait to try them out.
Btw, I think i might get killed for asking this, but has anyone tried connecting this with a Bluetooth transmitter (one with at least AptX-LL or better) to make it wireless :ksc75smile:

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #2,822 of 7,352
Btw, I think i might get killed for asking this, but has anyone tried connecting this with a Bluetooth transmitter (one with at least AptX-LL or better) to make it wireless :ksc75smile:

You mean bluetooth receiver? A&K XB10 should be your best bet as they support AptxHD and balanced output. :)

Jun 26, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #2,823 of 7,352

You mean bluetooth receiver? A&K XB10 should be your best bet as they support AptxHD and balanced output. :)

LOL, Yes... Yes in deed! I use a $15 MPOW BT receiver, and it does a good enough job when I'm at the gym, out and about or making breakfast in the morning. I also have a very similar looking one brom a different brand, but it's a bit less powerful.

Not sure I'm willing to pay $180 for the A&K XB10. I am getting a Shanling M1 and M2s that is small enough that I can pocket easily and control it via my Android Smartphone using HiBy Link with a Beta firmware. The Shanling seems like a more versatile option for that kind of money (BT, stand alone DAP that can be controlled via your phone, DAC for you PC, or a transport feeding something like a Mojo or other portable AMP).

The M1 and M2s can also send and recieve BT audio, so technically I could stream audio (including Spotify) from my phone to the M1 or M2s, though but it transmits using aptX it doesn't receive using aptX, So not sure how well streaming to the Shanling will work. But if I can put a small DAP in my pocket and control it via my phone, that should be an upgrade over the BT receiver I'm using now.

Jun 26, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #2,824 of 7,352
LOL, Yes... Yes in deed! I use a $15 MPOW BT receiver, and it does a good enough job when I'm at the gym, out and about or making breakfast in the morning. I also have a very similar looking one brom a different brand, but it's a bit less powerful.

Not sure I'm willing to pay $180 for the A&K XB10. I am getting a Shanling M1 and M2s that is small enough that I can pocket easily and control it via my Android Smartphone using HiBy Link with a Beta firmware. The Shanling seems like a more versatile option for that kind of money (BT, stand alone DAP that can be controlled via your phone, DAC for you PC, or a transport feeding something like a Mojo or other portable AMP).

The M1 and M2s can also send and recieve BT audio, so technically I could stream audio (including Spotify) from my phone to the M1 or M2s, though but it transmits using aptX it doesn't receive using aptX, So not sure how well streaming to the Shanling will work. But if I can put a small DAP in my pocket and control it via my phone, that should be an upgrade over the BT receiver I'm using now.

Jack of all trades master of none. :) I prefer to keep it simple and have all my files, tidal offline and streaming on my V20 which does Aptx-HD. Well to each his own. :)

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #2,825 of 7,352
I mean, the cipher cable is a "vertically integrated" product. It was made to power the iSine and the DSP magic seems like it not only corrects for frequency response but models speaker style soundstage if I'm understanding the last comment from Cipher's dev correctly.

The EQ in the Cipher cable is designed to make the iSines response match the frequency response of speakers placed at 30 degree angle in a well treated room, think of this as the Audeze house-curve for in-ears. What we hoped to achieve was a soundstage that is believable, both width and depth, yet sounding close to neutral for most listeners. However, there is no cross-feed or true stereo HRTF convolution, so it is not going to provide a 'out of the head' experience.

For material that was not close-miked or hard-panned, that captures the ambiance (such as well recorded live performances), the EQ can come close to listening through reference monitors .

I'm sure KMann will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure there's no speaker emulation in the Cipher cable.

Correct, there is no speaker emulation in the Cipher cable.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #2,826 of 7,352
Hello guys.

Just wanted to share.

This is our meet in the Philippines from the AudioFans (AF) group in facebook. Isine 20 is the star of the meet btw.

This was yesterday.

The isine 20 was highly praised for its sonics. Theres no iem like it!

Out of 50 attendees, they all tried it and.... we got 100% good feedbacks from them, they were all impressed!

IMG_3905.JPG
IMG_3915.JPG
IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG
IMG_3928.JPG
IMG_3932.JPG
IMG_3951.JPG
IMG_3978.JPG

To those doubtful of our numbers, here is our official attendance on that day, many late members failed to register in this list.

(Pm me for the list because i cannot share the names without the person's approval)

Attachments

• IMG_3953.JPG
    IMG_3953.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #2,829 of 7,352
I have s8 with exynos chip so I'm not even sure it has aptx hd lol

great. I think I have a mopow lying around lol

Jun 26, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #2,830 of 7,352
Pls enjoy the unboxing of my isine 20.

This is the best unboxing experience ive had in years compared to all the gears i purchased since i began in this hobby.

Personally, its like opening a very special gift which is inside a glass looking case. Wow.

Pictures were taken by my iphone + camu app.

IMG_2801.JPG
IMG_2803.JPG
IMG_2806.JPG
IMG_2808.JPG
IMG_2812.JPG
IMG_2819.JPG
IMG_2830.JPG
IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2842.JPG
IMG_2845.JPG
IMG_2849.JPG
IMG_2855.JPG
IMG_2857.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #2,832 of 7,352
I got my isine 20 about 3 days ago loving these so much but I have some things I need help with.

I can't for the life of me get the earlocks to work, they won't even stay on for 3 seconds in the canal of my ear, I even watched the audeze video on how to use them. If anyone has tips would appreciate it :)

Maybe the ear hooks are too large for me, the only part they cling on are the edges of my ear, is it really that way?

I use the large groovy tips as they just sit on the entrance of my ear, give a wider soundstage than the small ones. Everytime I move my head/jaw/ear(yes, I can move my ear up just to be clear haha) I can hear a crunch on my left ear. This doesn't happen that loudly on the small tips but the small ones go inside my ear too much like iems and lose the wide soundstage. Is this a unit problem? or will changing to foam tips help?

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #2,833 of 7,352
I got my isine 20 about 3 days ago loving these so much but I have some things I need help with.

I can't for the life of me get the earlocks to work, they won't even stay on for 3 seconds in the canal of my ear, I even watched the audeze video on how to use them. If anyone has tips would appreciate it :)

Maybe the ear hooks are too large for me, the only part they cling on are the edges of my ear, is it really that way?

I use the large groovy tips as they just sit on the entrance of my ear, give a wider soundstage than the small ones. Everytime I move my head/jaw/ear(yes, I can move my ear up just to be clear haha) I can hear a crunch on my left ear. This doesn't happen that loudly on the small tips but the small ones go inside my ear too much like iems and lose the wide soundstage. Is this a unit problem? or will changing to foam tips help?
A lot of people can't fit the earlocks, so you're not alone lol. I had the same issue with the earhooks until I tried bending them, that really helped. Just bend them slightly in towards your head, away from the drivers, so they get a more three dimensional shape.
The crunch could be ear wax or something maybe? Is it coming from your ear canal or the driver itself? Maybe foam tips could help as they sit pretty securely and seals well. But you would probably lose a little soundstage.

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #2,834 of 7,352

I can't get the ear locks to work either. I think you need to have a very specific ear shape for them to work. I have no issues with the hooks though.

I have the crunchy noises in my left ear also with the groovy tips if I move them while they are in my ear. It hasn't bothered me enough to look for alternatives though. I'm guessing it is the grooves scraping against my ear hairs?

I've read that foam tips change the sound a bit towards bassier and narrower soundstage but have never heard them

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #2,835 of 7,352
A lot of people can't fit the earlocks, so you're not alone lol. I had the same issue with the earhooks until I tried bending them, that really helped. Just bend them slightly in towards your head, away from the drivers, so they get a more three dimensional shape.
The crunch could be ear wax or something maybe? Is it coming from your ear canal or the driver itself? Maybe foam tips could help as they sit pretty securely and seals well. But you would probably lose a little soundstage.

Won't the ear hooks snap? they don't look/feel like malleable plastic.
Don't think it is earwax as I clean them every so often, but let do some more cleaning and will get back with an answer. It doesn't come from my ear or the driver, I think it comes from the point of contact of tips to my ear.

I can't get the ear locks to work either. I think you need to have a very specific ear shape for them to work. I have no issues with the hooks though.

I have the crunchy noises in my left ear also with the groovy tips if I move them while they are in my ear. It hasn't bothered me enough to look for alternatives though. I'm guessing it is the grooves scraping against my ear hairs?

I've read that foam tips change the sound a bit towards bassier and narrower soundstage but have never heard them

Everytime I move my head it crunches haha, so it kinda bothers me when I take it for walks.
I like the way they sound now, I don't want foam making them bassier haha. And I really really love the soundstage with the large tips.

Maybe I'll try rolling some foam tips and see if that helps.
Thanks for the answers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back