Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 20, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #2,761 of 7,352
I bought an isine 10, and I currently use my Samsung note 5. Can you suggest the eq settings that I can try here. I referred to a few settings on this thread and ended up as shown in the image.
Any suggestions.?
SmartSelectImage_2017-06-20-18-24-21.png

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #2,762 of 7,352
I think more people in this group who "do not" use the Cipher cable should speak up. I mean, if you "have" to use a $50 cable and "software" tricks to make the product sound good... the cable should be permanently attached then. I'm of the non-iOS and never will be iOS crowd (tried it, didn't like it...never went back). So to have something locked to that "experience" and "best enjoyed" in that fashion... I'll have to overlook and get something else. Either that or Audeze needs to get off their collective "butts" and make that silly $50 cable and trickery available for the non-iOS group of people as well. IJS... I'm not mad or anything, just bewildered. You can't tell me that $50 cable is beating out the Mojo toting, amp bearing, DAP wielding group with over $1000 of stuff when connecting these. Just not fair.

I have an iSine 10 with Cipher cable but rarely use it. I'm not an apple guy, butI did pickup an iPad Mini 4 to replace my stolen 8" Android tablet. Does it sound better with the Cipher cable than straight out of the headphone jack, yes. But of course it would your using a superior DAC/AMP combo than most portable devices and adding some EQ to sweeten things up. Listening on my desktop gear I think it sounds fantastic and i prefer it to the cipher cable. On decent portable gear I'm sure it will sound good too. Once my Axon 7 returns from service I'll find out how that works. I'm also considering picking up a small DAP that will allow me to add a little EQ if I want to sweeten things up a bit, something like the Shanling M2s. I was really considering a Fiio X5 gen 3, but think I'll carry something smaller like the M2s more often.

In short... if you don't have an iDevice, I still think the iSine is worth getting.

I also don't really see the difficulty in creating a USB-C version of the cypher cable given there are tons of similar DACs using USB-OTG connections with Android Phones.

yeah, you'd think it would be doable.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #2,763 of 7,352
It's a standard 0.78mm 2-pin connector. The important thing is to make sure it's got a groove in it.

The Plussound EXO T-Metal sounds great with them. For bang for the buck the Onso cable is hard to beat. I think the model you'd need is the iect_03_bl2c. (http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/484972).
Thanks for the link, I've enquired to them, asked a quote for shipping to Belgium of the 4.4mm version.

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #2,765 of 7,352
The only reason I originally went direct to Exertis is that Audeze USA sent me a name of someone to contact at Exertis who they said would sort things. Unfortunately he didn't know anything about the kit. The thought of getting in the Tube for a half hour ride in the heat storm we're experiencing to visit my dealer was more than I could bear so I had put it off (I also wanted to audition some stuff).

As luck would have it, just after I replied to you above someone from Exertis contacted me and is sending me out the kit!

That's good to hear

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #2,766 of 7,352
Apple iSine 10...does any one know if the mesh is closed, like the normal 10 and 20, or open like the image on Audeze's website? Seems to be very different in terms of physical openness so would this have an effect on the acoustic openness too?
iSine_image5.jpg HL472.jpeg

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #2,767 of 7,352
Apple iSine 10...does any one know if the mesh is closed, like the normal 10 and 20, or open like the image on Audeze's website? Seems to be very different in terms of physical openness so would this have an effect on the acoustic openness too?
The Apple isine 10 black sliver is the same open construction as the isine 10 and 20 but with a different color they are virtually the same.

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #2,768 of 7,352
The mesh looks exactly the same as my iSine 20 bar the color difference.

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #2,769 of 7,352
The mesh looks exactly the same as my iSine 20 bar the color difference.
OK, interesting. I might pop to Apple tomorrow for a listen. If only to put my mind at rest that it's worth spending the extra on the 20s. For me, I could get the 20s for £600 or the 10s for £360, which is a pretty big difference. I'll need to check they also come with the groovy tips and large hooks.
Thanks

Jun 21, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #2,771 of 7,352
To anyone that has heard both. How's the soundstage and instrument separation on the isines compared to the ex1000
I'm switching between them now. The ex1000 are very, very good, with a wide soundstage and good instrument separation. However the iSine 20 have a wider soundstage, more like open full sized headphones, and the instrument separation is much clearer.

They really are on another level. Can't wait to try the LCD-i4.

Jun 21, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #2,773 of 7,352
I bought a couple of cables form them to use with the 20s. The Junkosha Silver cable suffers from terrible microphonics, would avoid that. The Espresso cable seems to be just fine though.

My espresso cable sounded fine when I first got it, just as good as stock. Now there is some issue, it just doesn't sound right any longer. Bass is leaner and it sounds off, unbalanced.... hard to explain.

I e-mailed them today and the response was:

"order number plz (don't bother if it is already not within the warranty period)

we have a 7 days warranty which we take very seriously"

I've had them for more than 7 days now, but I did e-mail them on day one because the aluminum around the 3.5mm plug came off within the first 15 minutes of use (pic included). I never got a reply for that email. Sent them the original order number, lets see what happens.

Attachments

• Espresso Cable day 1.jpg
    Espresso Cable day 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back