Advanced Sound Model 3 Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #91 of 157
for what it's worth: I've been using them every day since October for running and have no issues. I also sweat profusely. I like them a whole lot better for exercise than the X2's due to the magnetic strap and their more open sound stage. (clearer highs too)

cheers.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #92 of 157
I havent compare them perfectly side by side.

But i found the eph 100 to be punchier and a bit tighter.

The midrange is a bit clearer.

The treble seems to be an issue for some users on the eph100.

I found the model 3 to be smoother with similar extension.

Im not sure id work out with the model 3s

Fabric cable doesnt work well with sweat

Thanks for the answer! I really wish I can compare them directly lol. And yeah, the fabric cable will absorb the sweats like no tomorrow...

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #93 of 157
  For those interested I used a combination pink/white noise track that covered the entire frequency spectrum and ran it overnight on repeat through the M3's wired. They are WIDE open now.

Can you tell me what this "combination pink/white noise track" is that you used on the internet? Trying to find a solid burn in track for my new M3's!

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #94 of 157
  Can you tell me what this "combination pink/white noise track" is that you used on the internet? Trying to find a solid burn in track for my new M3's!

Just an FYI, I "burned in" my M3 for 15 hours, and it didn't change anything. Just sit back and enjoy your earphones, they don't need any special work to be pleasant to listen to.

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #95 of 157
  Just an FYI, I "burned in" my M3 for 15 hours, and it didn't change anything. Just sit back and enjoy your earphones, they don't need any special work to be pleasant to listen to.

This! I sat back and had an ADVANCED listen today to take a break from the RHA tour phones. Love the Model 3!

Dec 25, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #96 of 157
Been out of the iem search game for a few years but I lost my walkabout iems (shure se215 with Bluetooth cables) and have been looking for a similar priced alternative. Thank goodness I stumbled on this thread.. I've just placed an order. Hope it doesn't disappoint!

Dec 27, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #97 of 157
I'm happy to see you guys comparing these to the shure se215s! I'm looking for a BT alternative to my se215 Ltd and was deciding between these and the highly rated Sony sbh80s and a few others like mee audio, phiaton, brainwavz,jaybird,...i love my shures and use android with viper4android to make them sound even better, so was hoping you guys could give me a suggestion... I want good noise cancellation like the shure and good sound comparison and use for walking to work, running and at the gym... I've seen the BT cable for the shures is expensive and still not reliable for BT signal... How did it work for you Onza?!

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #98 of 157
So I've just received them today and have managed to spend a bit of time with them on the evening. No issues with build quality or fit - all seems fine. The way the BT cable is designed is a little novel (the BT adapter hangs below the main cable as a pendant) but I can live with that also.

Sound however is a different story. I have to be honest I was very underwhelmed hearing them out of the box. The sound was muddy, inarticulate and the bass was boomy and bleeding into the mids. I briefly ABd with my RHA M750s which are my other play about earphones and they sounded on a completely different level to these.
I'm hoping this is about burn in as I'm not getting the same impressions as some of you have mentioned. I've never attributed to much to burn in but I'll give these some time to settle in and report back.. Hope I haven't got a dud pair

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #99 of 157
So I've just received them today and have managed to spend a bit of time with them on the evening. No issues with build quality or fit - all seems fine. The way the BT cable is designed is a little novel (the BT adapter hangs below the main cable as a pendant) but I can live with that also.

Sound however is a different story. I have to be honest I was very underwhelmed hearing them out of the box. The sound was muddy, inarticulate and the bass was boomy and bleeding into the mids. I briefly ABd with my RHA M750s which are my other play about earphones and they sounded on a completely different level to these.
I'm hoping this is about burn in as I'm not getting the same impressions as some of you have mentioned. I've never attributed to much to burn in but I'll give these some time to settle in and report back.. Hope I haven't got a dud pair

Hello Onza,

Have you tried auditioning it using the wired cable? Is your experience consistent as compared to BT cable? Additionally, what device are you using to pair Model 3 with?

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #100 of 157
That's unfortunate @onza. So these don't have a similar sound to the shure se215? Do they fit/stay in place/block external noise similar to the shure? And has anyone compared these to the Sony sbh80s?

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #101 of 157
Have you tried auditioning it using the wired cable? Is your experience consistent as compared to BT cable? Additionally, what device are you using to pair Model 3 with?

I just run these out of my iPhone 7 Plus, nothing high end source wise. I've used both the bluetooth and wired cables. Found bluetooth to sound better than I thought though not quite as loud as the wired option which isn't surprising.
I've changed the tips from what I was using (Westone Grey Plastic) to some Shure Olives and I've run them in a bit more. Sound has improved markedly - I have a feeling this is down to the tip change other than anything. I still won't call them highly resolving, but for their price I'd say the performance is pretty good - I guess I was expecting more based on some of the comments in the thread.

Quote:

That's unfortunate @onza. So these don't have a similar sound to the shure se215? Do they fit/stay in place/block external noise similar to the shure? 

Sound is different to the SE215... Hard to describe, the sound isn't dark but there is a good deal of bass - better controlled than I initially observed, yet the treble sounds pretty extended though not at all harsh or peaky. I wouldn't describe the midrange as forward which is a notable difference from  SE215. That initial sentence may lead you to think they are V shaped but that isnt the case. They are actually pretty balanced overall. Simply put I'd say it has deeper sub bass, less forward mids and more extended treble compared to SE215. Sound stage seems wider than SE215 too. Haven't listened to SE215 in a couple of weeks now so that's commentary from memory so take it as potentially biased.
They fit me just as well as the Shures, if anything they isolate sound even better as I find the nozzle goes deeper in my ear canal, sImilar isolation to my Westone W series iems - i.e. v good! The iems are a reasonable size, if I were being picky I'd say they could be a tad smaller as looking inside they seem to have a bit of dead space.

Dec 31, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #102 of 157
I just run these out of my iPhone 7 Plus, nothing high end source wise. I've used both the bluetooth and wired cables. Found bluetooth to sound better than I thought though not quite as loud as the wired option which isn't surprising.
I've changed the tips from what I was using (Westone Grey Plastic) to some Shure Olives and I've run them in a bit more. Sound has improved markedly - I have a feeling this is down to the tip change other than anything. I still won't call them highly resolving, but for their price I'd say the performance is pretty good - I guess I was expecting more based on some of the comments in the thread.
Sound is different to the SE215... Hard to describe, the sound isn't dark but there is a good deal of bass - better controlled than I initially observed, yet the treble sounds pretty extended though not at all harsh or peaky. I wouldn't describe the midrange as forward which is a notable difference from  SE215. That initial sentence may lead you to think they are V shaped but that isnt the case. They are actually pretty balanced overall. Simply put I'd say it has deeper sub bass, less forward mids and more extended treble compared to SE215. Sound stage seems wider than SE215 too. Haven't listened to SE215 in a couple of weeks now so that's commentary from memory so take it as potentially biased.
They fit me just as well as the Shures, if anything they isolate sound even better as I find the nozzle goes deeper in my ear canal, sImilar isolation to my Westone W series iems - i.e. v good! The iems are a reasonable size, if I were being picky I'd say they could be a tad smaller as looking inside they seem to have a bit of dead space.

I concur wholeheartedly!!

I havent listen to the shure se215 in years! Nice to hear from your perspective.

I agree, it would be nice if their smaller,

Would help with fit

I like with the shure olives and the westone star grey mediums

Users who are viewing this thread

Back