Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 31, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #1,396 of 2,999
I got the AWEI E510M (or ES10 I dunno the box says E510M and the order says ES10) I ordered a couple months ago from AE which some like here and they feel a lot weaker than my Monk+ or even FiiO EM3. I'm not good at describing sound but they do sound more budget than hi-fi.

The bass is there but it feels fake with no heavyness or warmth to it. The vocals aren't sibilant but there's a bit too much treble noticable on the tinny sounding drumming and they don't sound super clear either. Again I wanna clarify that I'm not good at describing sound and that I listened to mainly rock/alt on a PC and an Android with Viper4Windows to describe this with no pre-amp but my point is that these ones definitely didn't impress me like the Monk+ when I initially got it. Still waiting on Qian39's I ordered at the same time so hope they're better.

May 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #1,397 of 2,999
Between Qian39, DIY PK2, and KSC75 (the most versatile "earbud" ever), I think my search for budget earbud is done.

add a Vido to that. it's different enough sound that can compliment the qian, pk2 and ksc75 nicely

Jun 1, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #1,398 of 2,999
I guess kcs75 and diy pk2 then. Diy pk2 cheaper than kcs75 in my country. How emx500 compared to other.?

Jun 1, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #1,399 of 2,999
Also good cheap buds from banned seller, dark sig with vol control on the cable, like this
P70601-170600-001.jpg P70601-171105-001.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #1,403 of 2,999
Just wanted to share some thoughts on the NiceHCK DIY PK2.

I admit I was not terribly impressed with these during the first few days, I was sensing a lack of details and small soundstage. After a few days of overnight burn-in and switching from full foams to donut foams, the sound has opened up for the better and they are growing on me.

They have a relatively balanced sound with some warmth, a mild boost in the bass, nice mids and inoffensive treble. They have a forward presentation which gives the soundstage an intimate feel, similar to a closed headphone. Soundstage has decent width but not a great deal of space and hence instrument separation can suffer when listening to more complex music. Details are there in the music but they tend to stay in the background, not too revealing.

As a classical listener, I still crave for better detail retrieval and a bigger soundstage though. For reference, both the TY HI-Z 32 and Monk+ do a better job in these two aspects.

At the end of the day, they have a very pleasing and musical sound signature which makes you enjoy the music, so I think they are ideal for non-critical listening sessions. A solid effort from NiceHCK.

Opinions are based on using Zishan Z1 as the source. I also used my Xduoo X3 briefly and there were marginal improvements in the SQ.

P_20170602_104952.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #1,405 of 2,999
Jun 2, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #1,408 of 2,999
Jun 2, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #1,409 of 2,999
Today i rotate my earbud collection. After listening I guess i did own an upgrade to qian39 with same layering capabilites. . It's musicmaker tomahawk. But it's not really a budget one. Its around 50usd.

It takes me back though. I really love my Tomahawk. Better clarity and details retrieval. Very open and immersive. Better in dynamics too although not very much in depth because of forward nature it its sound. I stop using it as daily because of stiff cable. I've been told that its just my revision. Other tomahawk had better cable.

Been enjoying it for the last couple of hours. I just want to write here as references for other.

Jun 3, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #1,410 of 2,999
Also good cheap buds from banned seller, dark sig with vol control on the cable, like this

Are these branded Glycee or something like that? I bought a couple of these but thought they sounded kind of cheap. I opened one as carefully as possible but I damaged a driver and one ear no longer works. I have one more set...guess I should give them a try. It cracked me up to see the Sennheiser logo on these.

I have been so hooked on the Vido...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back