Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 26, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #1,351 of 2,999
Well sadly, my ear canals is a little bigger than average size......so yeah when I mount my Monk+ it will normally fall off my ears but the is not the case for TY HI-Z......no worries I guess genera consumer will not have this kind of problem.
To get over that u can probably try using the self adhesive tape method or use 2 layers of thick foam and then a layer of Monks porous foam if u bought the ex pack. U can also use the rubber ring as a substitute for the self adhesive tape but so far the comfort of the tape just make it better than the rubber ring.

Anw if i am not mistaken, like @tinkertailor said, both are using the MX500 shells and sports a 15mm driver. So i think they should be the same.

May 26, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #1,352 of 2,999
To get over that u can probably try using the self adhesive tape method or use 2 layers of thick foam and then a layer of Monks porous foam if u bought the ex pack. U can also use the rubber ring as a substitute for the self adhesive tape but so far the comfort of the tape just make it better than the rubber ring.

Anw if i am not mistaken, like @tinkertailor said, both are using the MX500 shells and sports a 15mm driver. So i think they should be the same.

Good suggestion (thanks), well I tried "using" the rubber ring and it was not a very comfortable solution.....then I tried the "porous" foam.......it gets a little warm over time but well as long as it stays in my ears. Anyways, do you think it somehow sounds a little different with the foam installed?

May 26, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #1,353 of 2,999
May 26, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,355 of 2,999
Well sadly, my ear canals is a little bigger than average size......so yeah when I mount my Monk+ it will normally fall off my ears but the is not the case for TY HI-Z......no worries I guess genera consumer will not have this kind of problem.
If Monk+ shell is a little too small for your ears, then it is not correct to mention "my ear canals is a little bigger than average size". I think much bigger is correct words here :D

May 27, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #1,356 of 2,999
Been almost exlusive listening to vido for the past 2 weeks. I've been using it with ve porous foam from the start. Last night I switch to original full foam and surprised with tonne amount of bass. Probably too much for me but nevertheless very impressive with few modern and edm track.

May 27, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #1,357 of 2,999
Good suggestion (thanks), well I tried "using" the rubber ring and it was not a very comfortable solution.....then I tried the "porous" foam.......it gets a little warm over time but well as long as it stays in my ears. Anyways, do you think it somehow sounds a little different with the foam installed?
It give better seal which tighten the bass. Other than that i feel that it might lessen the trebles by a tiny bit. Not too bad for me though.

Yes uncle golov! These are great, cheap and easily available! And they dont have any comfort issues as they are thin and very malleable.

I would recommend those who broke their driver housing to fret not, try using this tape first and give the buds another listen.

May 27, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #1,358 of 2,999
It give better seal which tighten the bass. Other than that i feel that it might lessen the trebles by a tiny bit. Not too bad for me though.

I see, thank you, well as for me those little "tweaks" are not that obvious unless I blast it at high or full volume. By the way, do you have any suggestion for earbuds (if possible budget once) that is very "course (rough)" sounding (for violin symphonies) because I find mostly of them to be a little smooth and polished?

May 27, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,359 of 2,999
Listening to the Awei ES10 and the TY Hi-Z 32 ohm. So far, I feel that the ES10 has slightly less bass than the TY Hi-Z and maybe a bit less sparkly than the TY. I also think the TY have more soundstage than the ES10. The cable quality of the Awei is thin, rubbery and light.

I think the Awei ES10 could be a Vido contender!? For $3 on Aliexpress I am very pleased I picked up a pair.

IMG_20170527_094155.jpg

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #1,360 of 2,999
I see, thank you, well as for me those little "tweaks" are not that obvious unless I blast it at high or full volume. By the way, do you have any suggestion for earbuds (if possible budget once) that is very "course (rough)" sounding (for violin symphonies) because I find mostly of them to be a little smooth and polished?

The good old Monk+ has a pleasingly gritty treble. Do you own a pair?

May 27, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #1,361 of 2,999
I'm afraid i cant really help u with this. Not really a fan of classics lol

Old monks are so hard to come by T.T wished i had started this hobby earlier!

May 27, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #1,362 of 2,999

Yes I do, you can always visit my profile to check out my little audio equipment collection. By the way, I do think it sounds like how you described it but is there any earbud out there that intensify this "characteristic". *Mostly of the earbuds fail to reproduce the kind of "sandish" sound when the bow is "rubbing" againts the string. Just for your information, I did practice violin in the past (but failed deliberately) which changed my perception when listening to violin symphonies.

I'm afraid i cant really help u with this. Not really a fan of classics lol

It is cool man, thanks a lot for all the info that you gave me.

May 27, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #1,363 of 2,999
RIP

May 28, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #1,364 of 2,999
Banned seller diy epk1 so good after proper burn in. I'm using them more and more. Reminds me of asura 2. They do handle eq and can deliver some clean sub bass if bass boosted like crazy. Imo technically superior from nicehck diy pk2.

I use viper4android. Viperbass. Subwoofer 30hrz. 16.3db. I have a nice and balanced sound. Not veiled at all with a soft and clear bass. Low kick has actual impact. It does still sound sort of weak on techno but really good on rock or pop.

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #1,365 of 2,999
Banned seller diy epk1 so good after proper burn in. I'm using them more and more. Reminds me of asura 2. They do handle eq and can deliver some clean sub bass if bass boosted like crazy. Imo technically superior from nicehck diy pk2.

I use viper4android. Viperbass. Subwoofer 30hrz. 16.3db. I have a nice and balanced sound. Not veiled at all with a soft and clear bass. Low kick has actual impact. It does still sound sort of weak on techno but really good on rock or pop.
I use them with twin foams without EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back