Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 25, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #1,337 of 2,999
@Saoshyant Could you take this test with a mic and a non-mic Vido?

http://newt.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html

All 3 of mine yield a different result.

I seem to get the same results with or without mic. I don't perceive 30 Hz until -6 db or so, 16 kHz until -24 db and can hear no noticeable change on the rest of the spectrum. I haven't used a test like this before, so I left volume and standard listening volume for my setup.

May 25, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #1,338 of 2,999
Thanks, already have it though... and P180, P185 too...
Not completely budget, but anyone have experience with those 150ohm DIY PK1?

The MMCX ones? If they're what I think you're referring to, I wasn't particularly impressed, and for the cost prefer DK-Song.

May 25, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #1,340 of 2,999
May 25, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #1,343 of 2,999
I love EMX500 too and haven't heard the others. But my impression is that pk2 is more mid focused. On the other hand there is a review of EMX500 on Ali which compares to TP16:

Great sound out of the box! Clear treble and hard hitting bass. Their character is similar to the TP16 which are one of my favorites, these extend more both sides with more bass and the same Airy feel and the same holographic quality! These will only get better with more use, already the Soundstage has opened up considerably and the bass has become tighter. Very energetic sound especially for trance. Heard a few tracks of Vance Joy too and vocals sound great, very clear and emotive. These come in a nice box, build is solid and looks very aesthetic. Excellent synergy with the Walnut V2. Excellent first impressions, these sound very good and highly recommended. Will report back in a few more days. Seller is fantastic and shipped quickly! Excellent packaging too. Will buy again definitely!

May 25, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #1,344 of 2,999
It was mentioned in the other earbud thread, follow the steps below:

9948099_thumb.jpg

BUT you don't need to use a mobile device to order. I had not problem getting the discount using a workstation.

May 25, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #1,345 of 2,999
ic, I am so impressed with NiceHCK's PK2 I want to see if there are even better ones in similar budget

If you find out I´m all ears, I have the Vido and Qian 39 (I had Monks too but gave them away as soon as I heard the Vido) and the Qian suit my ears much better so I´m thinking of trying the PK2 but still on the fence, how do the PK2 compare to the Qian in your opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back