***OWN*** iBasso PB2 with MUSES 02 + BUF634P WP.
Transportable, but 5 watts desktop class amp.
PLUS LPS 16 volt battery-powered clean linear discharge power solution.
***SOLD*** CAYIN C5 - excellent budget level portable amp.
Organic, wide 3D presentation, paired excellently with my modded T20RP's.
***SOLD*** LIGHT HARMONIC GO1000 - transparent and dynamic, but lacking soul.Too cold and analytic.
1) ASUS ZENFONE 2 Laser 6" + UAPP
2) MACBOOK AIR (Internal Cirrus Logic 4208-CRZ DAC/amp)
Audirvana Plus 2.x.x
3) HRT microStreamer (segmented current source TI PCM 1793 chip).
4) iFi iPurifier 2 - like what is doing.
Blacker background/tighter timing/better imaging/resolution and 3D layering.
5) TROND aptX 4.2 receiver - stellar for $20 !
6) CHORD MOJO - nice to try while I owned it. HRT microStreamer comes pretty close in SQ, like 95% close (last 5% is resolution/3D placement. Internal power I view separately from the DAC itself). Battery life short for the MOJO price.
7) ***TRADED*** BERESFORD BUSHMASTER MKII DAC/AMP - amazing little DAC/amp.Treble slightly ragged with some mastering.
8) AQ Jitterbug - did not work well with my audio chain ultimately. Bright/brittle metallic edginess was added to upper end.
"Cable cautious" rather than "all out cable improvements believer".
I buy high quality DIY parts built for close to standard cable prices.
CRYO UP-OCC LITZ or CRYO UP-OCC cables
ANTI-CABLES 0.2M RCA-RCA
DIY 3-line 24AWG UP-OCC USB Cable (Data LINE-Only Modification)
TERADAK USB Data+Power Y-Merger Cable
PSA TYPE 6 LITZ INTERCONNECT with CRYO'd 3.5's
8-line balanced Sterling Silver IEM cable
HCKexin OCC IEM cables x2
1) Macbook Air mains isolation.
2) ENERGIZER XPAL 8000mAh portable battery + XPAL 16-volt AC LPS for iBasso PB2 amp.
3) Power strip with built-in noise suppression.
4) (WTB) 16-volt DC desktop LPS for iBasso PB2 + better/more caps for it.
My custom front/rear suspension mountain bike converted for single-speed city road thrashing.