ZMF Aegis Official Thread
May 12, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #451 of 788
I find the tubes quite beautiful to look at. Industrial art really. Saying that, the cost and the fact that they expire makes me glad that I got out of tubes before the rolling bug hit me hard. Must be an expensive endeavor. Rewarding though I'm sure.

May 12, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #452 of 788
Any chance you guys might make a matching cage available?
Would actually love that if they did - my ZMFs all hang above my amps and I've always got the cage on my Cayin so I don't ding a tube with a connector (also have a cat and small child but they've ignored it so far).

May 12, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #453 of 788
Would actually love that if they did - my ZMFs all hang above my amps and I've always got the cage on my Cayin so I don't ding a tube with a connector (also have a cat and small child but they've ignored it so far).
Are you me? Kiddo has been good but I don’t trust my cats.

Only thing missing now is a collaboration with Lampizator for a matching ZMF wood tube dac. . . Please. 🙏

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #455 of 788
I got one of the 230V units, really stocked to hear it myself.

I went to Munich yesterday and was able to listen to the Caldera Closed.
Really liked it in combination with a Feliks Envy. Good Job with this one Zach.
The look and feel is top notch and it feld really lightweight on the head.
IMG_0122.jpeg

I also went over to the Cyian booth and got the chance to listen to there new released Perl 30i on a Susvara.
It paired really well. Unfortunately you never have enough time to really enjoy it. And the noise floor of an exhibition this big doesn’t help either.
IMG_0132.jpeg

There where a lot of other tube amps to listen to.

The Zähl HM1 with a Rad-0 was also quiet an experience I must say.

May 12, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #456 of 788
I got one of the 230V units, really stocked to hear it myself.

I went to Munich yesterday and was able to listen to the Caldera Closed.
Really liked it in combination with a Feliks Envy. Good Job with this one Zach.
The look and feel is top notch and it feld really lightweight on the head.
IMG_0122.jpeg

I also went over to the Cyian booth and got the chance to listen to there new released Perl 30i on a Susvara.
It paired really well. Unfortunately you never have enough time to really enjoy it. And the noise floor of an exhibition this big doesn’t help either.
IMG_0132.jpeg
There where a lot of other tube amps to listen to.

The Zähl HM1 with a Rad-0 was also quiet an experience I must say.

I get a distinct Sci-Fi vibe from that HM1

vibe.jpg

May 12, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #457 of 788
Yes, the new Cayin Pearl 30i, the 30th anniversary edition for only $21,999 a pop! In comparison, it makes the Aegis a "bargain" buy!

Notes: The Pearl 30i is actually an integrated amp, with 145W/channel of pure tube power in triode mode, and 230W/channel in ultralinear mode, double wow!! And it comes in 2 separate units (w/ separate power supply), weighing 89 lbs. total, what a beast!!!

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #458 of 788
@zach915m For us buyers of the 230V Aegis, will the units ship from the US or from within Europe? I believe I've read that maybe Cayin will do the latter?

May 12, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #459 of 788
@zach915m For us buyers of the 230V Aegis, will the units ship from the US or from within Europe? I believe I've read that maybe Cayin will do the latter?
Yep 230v shipping straight from cayin. I'll have an update tomorrow regarding that, or at least @BooUrns will.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 13, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #460 of 788
I'm going to have to pick up a pair of RCA interconnects pretty soon here so I can listen to the Aegis when it arrives. Does anyone have any recommendations?

May 13, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #461 of 788
May 13, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #463 of 788
Inexpensive? Middle-of-the-road? Expensive?
I would prefer not to break the bank, but I'm open to options in any of those price brackets.

May 13, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #464 of 788
I would prefer not to break the bank, but I'm open to options in any of those price brackets.
Well, the best inexpensive ones are easy to recommend: Signal Cable Analog Two interconnects.

http://signalcable.com/analogtwo.html

I have 4-5 pairs of these. Used to have my main desktop system wired with them ... excellent sound for not much money. They're a PITA to handle (stiff & weird looking), but sound is the thing, and these sound good.

In the last year or so I fell in love with a discontinued series of cables (Harmonic Technology Truth-Link) and after picking up 4 or 5 pairs of those, have pretty much replaced the Analog Two's. But it's not like I was unhappy with the Analog Two's--just found the Truth-Links (far heavier & thicker IC,s, big OCC design) had a little more of that copper magic.

May 13, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #465 of 788
Well, the best inexpensive ones are easy to recommend: Signal Cable Analog Two interconnects.

http://signalcable.com/analogtwo.html

I have 4-5 pairs of these. Used to have my main desktop system wired with them ... excellent sound for not much money. They're a PITA to handle (stiff & weird looking), but sound is the thing, and these sound good.

In the last year or so I fell in love with a discontinued series of cables (Harmonic Technology Truth-Link) and after picking up 4 or 5 pairs of those, have pretty much replaced the Analog Two's. But it's not like I was unhappy with the Analog Two's--just found the Truth-Links (far heavier & thicker IC,s, big OCC design) had a little more of that copper magic.
Thank you for the recommendations. I appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back