The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 21, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #5,281 of 6,694
I see, thanks. I'm "kinda" settled on my Brise STR-7SE which is so far the best balance of sonical performance and portability (at least amongst what I have)..........but I'm always on the lookout for something better. The Creator Silver 4 cable that came with the Titan is way too heavy for use on the move. The Titan body is a bit weighty itself so I'd rather avoid heavyduty cables.
Your Titan came with a Creator Silver cable?

Despite me reviewing cables here, I have to be really frank. Whilst different cables do make a difference depending on their materials/construction (and by difference I mean just that....one cable different from another, I won't go into the "better than the other" debate), it's generally one of the last components I'd tweak if I have nothing else to tweak. i.e. if you're happy enough with your Brise STR-7SE, stick with it and try different amps, DACs instead. If you've done all that and found your DAC/Amp combo and are still itchy to tweak something else but have run out of ideas, then by all means go ahead and look at cables. The law of diminishing returns is pretty steep with cables though, in my view at least.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #5,282 of 6,694

Despite me reviewing cables here, I have to be really frank. Whilst different cables do make a difference depending on their materials/construction (and by difference I mean just that....one cable different from another, I won't go into the "better than the other" debate), it's generally one of the last components I'd tweak if I have nothing else to tweak. i.e. if you're happy enough with your Brise STR-7SE, stick with it and try different amps, DACs instead. If you've done all that and found your DAC/Amp combo and are still itchy to tweak something else but have run out of ideas, then by all means go ahead and look at cables. The law of diminishing returns is pretty steep with cables though, in my view at least.

Yes it came with a Creator Silver 4 with special insulation exclusively made for the Titan.

I usually pay little heed to cables as well - I do have quite a few cables lying around that's for sure, all of them are pure copper or pure silver cables that would not aggressively alter the sound of the iem, but in most cases I pair a new pair of iems with a cable of choice and then would live on with that. Main reason for me switching cables after that, and that applies to the present case with the Titan, is because of fit/comfort. Titan is kinda heavy itself (by iem standards) and an overly substantial cable means the whole thing keeps pulling downwards and out of my ears. By contrast I swap the Creator cable to my 335DWSR and due to less weight and closer fit it works like a charm.

May 21, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #5,283 of 6,694
Yes it came with a Creator Silver 4 with special insulation exclusively made for the Titan.

I usually pay little heed to cables as well - I do have quite a few cables lying around that's for sure, all of them are pure copper or pure silver cables that would not aggressively alter the sound of the iem, but in most cases I pair a new pair of iems with a cable of choice and then would live on with that. Main reason for me switching cables after that, and that applies to the present case with the Titan, is because of fit/comfort. Titan is kinda heavy itself (by iem standards) and an overly substantial cable means the whole thing keeps pulling downwards and out of my ears. By contrast I swap the Creator cable to my 335DWSR and due to less weight and closer fit it works like a charm.
I keep forgetting that the Titans overseas are universal. Naturally with mine (being a CIEM) it's like a plug in my ear so it doesn't fall out. I wonder if you need a cable with an earhook or extra strong memory wire over the usual ones.

May 23, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #5,284 of 6,694

Maybe give the Sony EX11 tips or JVC Spiral Dot a try
I fit it with my Titan + Creator cable and works well

A few months back, Jaben HK have exclusive sale of Titan limited to 20 units (if I remember)
and it come with Creator Cable Silver 4

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #5,285 of 6,694
Maybe give the Sony EX11 tips or JVC Spiral Dot a try
I fit it with my Titan + Creator cable and works well

A few months back, Jaben HK have exclusive sale of Titan limited to 20 units (if I remember)
and it come with Creator Cable Silver 4

Good for you. Both of the suggested tips tried and failed completely for me. Tried both generations of JVCs actually. The 1st Gen Spiral Dots had usually been a safe bet for me, but not on the Titans. The weight outdoes all its qualities. I finally settled on a custom mould. Anyway I'm very happy with both the ergonomics AND the sound of the Brise, IMHO it sonically outperforms the Creator when paired with the Titan despite it costs way less. The Creator on the other hand is a dream match with my 335DWSR - I had always wanted to try it with a silver cable but you know there are very few options available on the market.

And the Jaben HK sale was limited to a one-off production of 9 units only (I know the serial numbers of the batch so guess I could quite confidently say that)

May 26, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #5,287 of 6,694
I keep forgetting that the Titans overseas are universal. Naturally with mine (being a CIEM) it's like a plug in my ear so it doesn't fall out. I wonder if you need a cable with an earhook or extra strong memory wire over the usual ones.

Really....? Mine was a CIEM. Perhaps that has changed. Cos mine was likely the first one that Jaben SG did.

May 26, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #5,288 of 6,694
Really....? Mine was a CIEM. Perhaps that has changed. Cos mine was likely the first one that Jaben SG did.
Taking a wild guess here but I think yours & another person (also outside of JP but not SG) I’m aware of that might have special services here.

May 29, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #5,289 of 6,694
Jaben new est ti universial are selling for 29980hkd which is nearly 417144yen by today rates where Fujiya avic est ti universial are 259200(tax included) 18628 hkd ... I guess if you have many money to spend like me that’s not a problem looool

May 29, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #5,290 of 6,694
Jaben new est ti universial are selling for 29980hkd which is nearly 417144yen by today rates where Fujiya avic est ti universial are 259200(tax included) 18628 hkd ... I guess if you have many money to spend like me that’s not a problem looool

The Jaben universals are all paired with the ~HKD12000 Creator silver 4 cable right? That's what made up the difference.

May 29, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #5,291 of 6,694
The Jaben universals are all paired with the ~HKD12000 Creator silver 4 cable right? That's what made up the difference.
But japan model came with the Fitear 009 cable also specially design for titanium model. At the end is your money so I can’t really comment which is cheaper or expensive but the 009 cable is not bad at all either. With 12000 you can buy crystal cable flagship model as well, although creator cable is also nice.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #5,292 of 6,694
But japan model came with the Fitear 009 cable also specially design for titanium model. At the end is your money so I can’t really comment which is cheaper or expensive but the 009 cable is not bad at all either. With 12000 you can buy crystal cable flagship model as well, although creator cable is also nice.

AFAIK thats not the designated 009 cable but a one-off production oem unbranded silver cable.

I wont comment on price as well........both hk and japan versions are expensive. Thing is, the Titan houses a pair of dynamic drivers which means the shell material will likely affect the sound a lot, but the EST is made up with BA and Electrostat drivers which are tiny, enclosed and does not move that much air at all. Not sure how much benefit one could reap from the ti housing (and the 2X-3X price).

May 29, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #5,293 of 6,694
AFAIK thats not the designated 009 cable but a one-off production oem unbranded silver cable.

I wont comment on price as well........both hk and japan versions are expensive. Thing is, the Titan houses a pair of dynamic drivers which means the shell material will likely affect the sound a lot, but the EST is made up with BA and Electrostat drivers which are tiny, enclosed and does not move that much air at all. Not sure how much benefit one could reap from the ti housing (and the 2X-3X price).
Oh yea my mistake the 009 cable is the one came with the Fujiya Avic Titan CIEM/UIEM in japan and use my Mr. Suyama on his EST Ti Universial and the one they sale in headphone fest was a silver cable terminated at 4.4 pentangon and oyaide 2.5 balance each limited to 5 units.
FFADB925-A62F-4D0A-AEA4-6BAF94EC18DB.png

It’s seems like that they have a new titanium custom model call the DC Ti I wounded what’s is in it.
1546D4D4-BB14-440D-8040-6C9CCA57C032.png

May 29, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #5,294 of 6,694
The Fitear DC(dynamic condenser) Custom will be a hybrid electrostatics and fostex dynamic driver confirmed by Mr. Suyama himself on his Twitter and demo unit will be available shortly in japan where he smile when people comment it as the Titan 2 lol
E0174C5E-F57B-4198-8F1F-7E1A364C1AAE.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back