Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 13, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #1,292 of 6,090
  Their response might keep me from purchasing these.  I hate it when companies don't stand behind a product. 

I guess it's understandable on some level if the IEM is only intended for the Japanese market.

BenF, please update the thread with the response from the re-seller when you hear back...

I bought it through BuySmartJapan, which has an unusual return policy:

The Company shall not accept any Member’s request for return or exchange of Goods, except in cases where such request is based on causes attributable to the fault of the Company.

In cases where any initial defect is detected in Goods, Members shall directly contact the manufacturer of Goods and ask for repair or exchange. The Company and Suppliers shall not respond to any request for return or exchange of Goods due to initial defect.

So they won't help.

Final Audio Design IEMs are also intended for Japanese market only, but they have been tremendously helpful when I had a problem - even sent some free stuff.
They won't sell their IEMs directly to international buyers, but if you own one - they stand behind the product.

Zero Audio = Zero support.

May 13, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #1,295 of 6,090
I think BenF is the first person who got an defective unit. The tenores doesn't even suffer from driver flex that screwed basso's owners.
That sucks big time Ben, I'm so sorry for your loss.

My Tenores turned out to be defective as well, but the seller, Vision Store from Amazon.com, seems to be accepting my return. I've sent them back and hopefully they'll provide a full refund.

The issue was driver flex and eventual channel imbalance. The drivers weren't properly vented, causing over-pressurization of the chamber after 20 minutes or so. Same thing can happen on the MH1 if they don't have some kind of bass vent. I just hope the sound was 100% before the over-pressurization issue kicked in, otherwise I may be updating my MH1 comparison.

I should have a new Tenore in a day or two, so we'll see.

May 13, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #1,296 of 6,090
You always heard driver flex? How severe was it?

That H200 driver flex I heard was something special....

I took to the AudioSigGen app to test stuff out.

May 13, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #1,297 of 6,090

I took to the AudioSigGen app to test stuff out.

I noticed it most of the time, can't be sure if it happened 100% of the time, although it was never as bad as the famous fxt90 driver flex. It only occurred to me yesterday that the driver flex and eventual channel imbalance were likely related due to improper venting. Like sgs said, something must have been blocking the bass vent from the inside. Glue or something maybe.

May 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #1,298 of 6,090
Ok,

I hear wub all the way down here:

I hear bumps around here and here:

I can hear sound up to around here:

May 13, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #1,299 of 6,090
  I listen to a lot of pop music, both English and Korean, and a lot of it features the typical pop music elements but with female vocals.

I listen to mostly pop music as well.  Tenore are awesome for pop because they have airy female vocals and punchy bass.

May 13, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #1,300 of 6,090
@Grayson73,

I see that you have had AX30. Can you compare Tenore and AX30? Especially in terms of bass depth and overall speed. And how about sibilance in Tenores compared to AX30? I have AX30 right now and I love balance armature speed, but also I am interested to try something new

May 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #1,301 of 6,090
  @Grayson73,

I see that you have had AX30. Can you compare Tenore and AX30? Especially in terms of bass depth and overall speed. And how about sibilance in Tenores compared to AX30? I have AX30 right now and I love balance armature speed, but also I am interested to try something new

I found the AX-30 to be more analytical and having less bass than Tenore.  The bass is clean, but not as deep sounding.   Tenore sounds more musical and has bass that is more weighty/deep/full sounding.

I don't remember how fast the bass was on AX30, but I don't find the Tenore bass to be slow.  Tenore bass sounds punchy and fast to me.

No sibilance on Tenore unless you turn it up to ear-bleeding levels.

May 13, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #1,302 of 6,090
Got my Tenore today. Really nice right out of the box. Had two ER4's and the MC5. Ety could learn a thing or two from ZA about tuning a micro dynamic 
wink_face.gif

May 13, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #1,303 of 6,090

Yeah, thanks a lot for that! 
rolleyes.gif

Just kidding of course - I knew what I was getting into. Seriously though, the flex is quite minor on them now, and seems to have decreased over time. Or maybe it has to do with the tips that I'm using. At any rate, there is no flex when I put them in. If I start playing around and jack-hammering them in and out of my ears, then yes there is some flex, but even then I hardly notice it. And they still sound awesome :)

So like I said.. thanks a lot for that! 
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #1,304 of 6,090
Mine are out for delivery today!!! If they leave me a slip without attempting to deliver I'm going to freak out. :wink: haha. They do that often.

You know when you're an earphone junkie when you are about to receive a pair and you start worrying "will they fit well? how will they sound? what if they aren't as good as I hoped?" lol Not that I would think any of those.... no, not me....  :wink: :wink:

May 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #1,305 of 6,090
Mine are out for delivery today!!! If they leave me a slip without attempting to deliver I'm going to freak out. :wink: haha. They do that often.

You know when you're an earphone junkie when you are about to receive a pair and you start worrying "will they fit well? how will they sound? what if they aren't as good as I hoped?" lol Not that I would think any of those.... no, not me....  :wink: :wink:

The hype is palpable... What's your first track gonna be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back