Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 12, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #1,277 of 6,090
May 13, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #1,280 of 6,090
Opppps....I bot from Japan too...but I dunno from who? Lolz

Hype can do that to a man. :laughing:

Now I want the ex1000:cry:

I love(love) vocals on that guy but I believe eke said the H3 was better all round or more refined, eke? Vocals span a large part of the FR tho so I provably can't have my cake and eat it to... Pluck the vocals exactly as-is from the EX1000 but add more wub and less sunshine. Or maybe just adding more bass will negate the sunshine as It'll have me listening at lower volumes for I wouldn't have to compensate. (?_?)

:basshead:   Didn't expect this.  Can you tell us why?  I can vouch for them as excellent sounding, but isolation sucks, it's a home rig IMO.  Of course the price wasn't exactly the best when it came out, the most expensive Sony iem ever at the time, and was quite steep compared to other universals at the time.  Now $500 is chump change compared to the universals with ridiculous prices now.  I don't like this trend.

The way they stick out is also a negative when I tried them.

But maybe there is/will be a trend of high bang-per-buck value iem's coming out to balance the force. KC06/Tenore being just the begining. Inks's would provably also include the LG Quadbeats 2 he sent out but I wonder how he would compare it to the Tenore. I'm guessing better bass given he EQ'ed the LG's lows but I believe he said the the rest didn't need EQ because it was perfect as is? But he talked about the Tenores extension............. .

Also Vsonic... SOON™

After hearing the flat 4 dui which has the Kevlar diaphragm of the sony:yum::two_hearts:.. I'm loving the more then my jvc fx850:grin::sunglasses:

Auto correct :joy:

May 13, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #1,281 of 6,090
I hear you (and your birds)!

Just to be clear tho, I'll take the Tenore over the current KC06 as they have a better sonic package. That said, I like the KC06's mids to highs more.

May 13, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #1,282 of 6,090
Just to be clear tho, I'll take the Tenore over the current KC06 as they have a better sonic package. That said, I like the KC06's mids to highs more.

Yeah, but worth a whopping $63CN shipped? That's $10 more than I paid for the mighty birds!

May 13, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #1,283 of 6,090
Yeah, but worth a whopping $63CN shipped? That's $10 more than I paid for the mighty birds!

Lolz. I like you Wayne, your alright mate :yum:

The bass is worth the $10 difference alone IMO.

May 13, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #1,285 of 6,090
Zero Audio replied:

we're afraid that we won't be able to correspond to your request
directly because the warranty of all our products is valid only in Japan.

We'd like to ask you to contact your supplier/ seller on Amazon.co.jp or
Amazon.co.jp directly. We hope that you will be able to solve
this matter with best way among them

Now I'm officially screwed.

It is ironic that Chinese companies are now more reliable than Japanese - when did this happen?

May 13, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #1,286 of 6,090
It is ironic that Chinese companies are now more reliable than Japanese - when did this happen?

That sucks mate but isn't this too broad a statement or has it happened multiple times?

Actually I find the bass quantity and thump on the Tenores more than adequate.. it's possible that my preferred sound signature has matured/changed.  But I still like the S680 too.  I feel like these are a decent alternative to the S680, in a tiny package.

I like both and that's why I want two phones with different signatures. The Tenore or BE for example sound good when I'm listening to something like this:

But then I listen to this and that's where the ASG 2 comes in:

I gota admit tho, the zero does ^ thump justice. Sometimes you just need wub wub tho, it is part of my nature.

May 13, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #1,287 of 6,090
I think BenF is the first person who got an defective unit. The tenores doesn't even suffer from driver flex that screwed basso's owners.
That sucks big time Ben, I'm so sorry for your loss.

May 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #1,288 of 6,090
Their response might keep me from purchasing these.  I hate it when companies don't stand behind a product. 

I guess it's understandable on some level if the IEM is only intended for the Japanese market.

BenF, please update the thread with the response from the re-seller when you hear back...

May 13, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #1,289 of 6,090
Driver flex... I'm yet to hear it on the Tenore. Or maybe the size/type of driver it uses makes the flex noise too low for me to distinguish it from the noise of the tip sealing (?_?)

May 13, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #1,290 of 6,090
That sucks mate but isn't this too broad a statement or has it happened multiple times?

Happened once, but was screwed by 2 Japanese companies simultaneously - BuySmartJapan and Zero Audio.
Even a one-man operation like Dasetn cares a lot more for its customers than either one of these.

Up until now only had super positive experiences with Japanese companies, this was REALLY unexpected.
From now on, will only buy from Japan through eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back