Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 14, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #1,321 of 6,090
I thought the poll was just to say which one you are planning to buy.  I'd assume that voters had neither one.

May 14, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #1,322 of 6,090
I've tried both and the Tenore beats the Basso in every category imo.

In other news my new pair is free of driver flex! These sound very very good.

May 14, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #1,323 of 6,090
Agree that most voted for Basso and are now voting for Tenore, but haven't tried both.  In the early part of this thread, most people, including me, bought the Basso because it was bigger and we thought we wanted bass.  However, those of us who later bought Tenore preferred the Tenore to the Basso.

Lately, everyone has been buying Tenore.

May 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #1,325 of 6,090
Wow this new pair is slightly more mid forward than my previous pair. In my MH1 comparison I wrote that I preferred the MH1's more Ety-like mids, but that may need revision.

May 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #1,327 of 6,090
You're careful about volume matching?

Seems unlikely that a new pair would have a different tuning...

I should have reiterated my old pair suffered from a venting issue. The vent must have been blocked by something internal like glue. This cause driver flex and eventual channel imbalance and a drop in volume on both channels. This problem seemed to get worse over time, but I had already written the MH1 comparison.

The old Tenore had a more downward sloping FR more closely aligned with O-W. This new Tenore is clearly closer to the ER4S in FR and tonality. I'm very very pleased so far. If no issues crop up then I'll be comparing these to the ER4S in the coming weeks (after finals).

May 14, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #1,328 of 6,090
I should have reiterated my old pair suffered from a venting issue. The vent must have been blocked by something internal like glue. This cause driver flex and eventual channel imbalance and a drop in volume on both channels. This problem seemed to get worse over time, but I had already written the MH1 comparison.

The old Tenore had a more downward sloping FR more closely aligned with O-W. This new Tenore is clearly closer to the ER4S in FR and tonality. I'm very very pleased so far. If no issues crop up then I'll be comparing these to the ER4S in the coming weeks (after finals).

THanks for the clarification.  I was beginning to think that my Tenores were defective or from an older batch.. but that usually only happens with Chinese iems.  The mids/highs feel less forward than KC06, but perhaps that's only because KC06 mids/highs are more forward than Tenore. 

May 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #1,329 of 6,090

Channel imbalance is my biggest pet peeve in the world.  Especially a slight channel imbalance that causes me to go OCD wondering if it's in my head.  I don't know if I've simply been unlucky, but it's probably because I've mostly used Westone IEMs that are prone to it.

I'm curious about the isolation with the Tenores.  I think I remember reviewers saying it was good for a dynamic, but need to go back and re-read them. 

May 14, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #1,330 of 6,090
THanks for the clarification.  I was beginning to think that my Tenores were defective or from an older batch.. but that usually only happens with Chinese iems.  The mids/highs feel less forward than KC06, but perhaps that's only because KC06 mids/highs are more forward than Tenore. 

I'll be sure to post my opinion when I get the KC06 in a couple weeks. The Tenore is pretty mid forward though.

May 14, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #1,331 of 6,090
Channel imbalance is my biggest pet peeve in the world.  Especially a slight channel imbalance that causes me to go OCD wondering if it's in my head.  I don't know if I've simply been unlucky, but it's probably because I've mostly used Westone IEMs that are prone to it.

I'm curious about the isolation with the Tenores.  I think I remember reviewers saying it was good for a dynamic, but need to go back and re-read them. 

Same here, channel imbalance drives me insane. Sometimes it can be difficult to track down if it's slight.

Isolation with the Tenores isn't bad. I'd say average or above average in general. I can wear them at the gym no problem.

May 14, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #1,332 of 6,090
You're careful about volume matching?

Seems unlikely that a new pair would have a different tuning...

How do you volume match? Do you used specific hardware for this or just by ear? Where do you match? Vocals?

May 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #1,333 of 6,090
Just FYI guys, I purchased mine from seller Comtachi Japan on Amazon.com for $53 and chose the 3 day shipping for an extra $10. They arrived within 3 days vs the 2-3 weeks which seems more typical for standard delivery from Japan. Worth it imo. One drawback though is Comtachi doesn't accept returns except for unopened product, unlike Vision Store on Amazon.com.

May 14, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #1,335 of 6,090

Oops never mind.

Vision Store on Amazon.com. They accepted my return, but my Tenore is still on it's way back to them, so I haven't yet received my refund. They said they'd refund it though along with the shipping cost, which was nice of them, so I'll keep people updated.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back