Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 29, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #77 of 6,090
Postman walked straight past my house earlier, didin't drop anything through my letter box. I'm well pissed off. 
size]

---

EDIT!

I am upset no more, Mr Parcelforce man has just delivered me a package that says Tenso on the front!!! 
size]
size]

... and just look whats inside:

May 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #78 of 6,090
Quote:
I am upset no more, Mr Parcelforce man has just delivered me a package that says Tenso on the front!!! 
size]
size]

... and just look whats inside:

Awesome. And no extra fees! Tenso pulls through again :)

Quote:
Any Airbase stuff is gold mate, anyone thats addicted to trance needs to have it.

It took a while, but I am quickly getting full on addicted to it
beerchug.gif

May 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #79 of 6,090
Quote:

Awesome. And no extra fees! Tenso pulls through again :)

It took a while, but I am quickly getting full on addicted to it
beerchug.gif

Yeah dude, my faith in Tenso is restored! Parcelforce delivered it in a big van, so I'm happy I didin't have to rely on Royal Mail lmao

Btw, my very first impressions on the Tenores:

Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok guys, here goes... First impressions on the Carbo Tenore!

WOW, these things are tiny and are of awesome build quality!

Just plugged them into my iPod Classic (6th Gen) + C&C BH combo (LF on) with my latest Trance mix playing, and I have to say these things sound just like I wanted them to. Wider soundstage than my Yamaha EPH-100 which are almost triple the price of the Tenores, treble is nice and pronounced but nowhere near the pain levels. Then again, everyone has different sensitivity to treble. The bass is more rounded off and just as quick as the Yams, which is again what I was hoping for. Damn, these things are engaging!!

Again, soundstage is like OMG! My head is in space kinda wide lol

May 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #81 of 6,090
I posted initial impressions earlier, not sure if here or on the dedicated thread, but I think it was there. I had them a short while, was wowed at the sound, particularly that SOUNDSTAGE we keep mentioning, so I did the only thing a consciencious geek can do: I sat down with a pad, a few iem's (AT CKN 70, JVC FX70, Sony XBA3, Westone 4) and picked some songs I liked and took notes comparing the 5 iem's (had my wife rolling her eyes, but what else is new). I didn't hear things exactly as the general consensus calls it on these phones. First, let me say, I really like them (when I say something negative, it's relative to some really good challengers), and I've been listening to them more than my other iem's for a while. Now, my impression (drum roll please): they have nice, tight, focused bass, enough for me, but the Sony's is slightly more in quantity, while not losing tightness. I felt the Sony's had more detail, and richness of timbre (as did te AT's and the Westones), but this was in direct comparison, I don't find anything missing listening just to the Tenores. The soundstage of the Tenores was wider than all of them, and made for fun listening (why I've been listening to them a lot), but the Sony and the Westone had more micro detail, air between instruments.The AT's had more bass, more treble energy as well (I don't mind, some may find it tizzy), definitely not the same soundstage (I like the AT's a lot as well, but I despise the cable...I think it's Japanese revenge on the US for WW II). The JVC's don't compare the the Tenores, flabby, unfocused bass, more forward but less detail in the midrange, highs that again some will feel are tizzy. The Tenores don't match up to the Westone 4's (which cost, what, 6 times as much, something like that), which have more air around instruments, more microdetail (can pick out different vocalists in group of backup singers), richer tone, but the Tenores still out-soundstage them as well. My main negative was that I felt, in direct comparison to the other iem's, tone color/richness was slightly less on the Tenores, like a picture that has faded slightly. Again, this is early listening, against mostly much more costly challengers. Gonna go through my bag of tips and do some burning in (mostly by listening), and can update more (if anyone is interested) after some more break in and tip rolling. (whew).

Just copied this from the Discovery Thread, so the Zero thread wouldn't feel left out 
wink.gif

May 29, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #83 of 6,090
Quote:
Just copied this from the Discovery Thread, so the Zero thread wouldn't feel left out 
wink.gif

Glad you posted that over hear, and glad I read it again. Basically what you are saying is that the Tenores are great. Got it!

Btw, you mentioned "JVC FX70". Do you mean FXD70?

May 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #84 of 6,090
Quote:
wink.gif

Thanks for sharing mate! That made me love my XBA3s more... I'm very happy with its soundstage as is!

May 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #85 of 6,090
The air between instruments... that is what I'm wondering: how well do these Zero Audio IEMs put space between instruments (not the same thing as soundstage). Andreas, do the Tenores do this as well as the EPH100? I'd be surprised if so, since I find the EPH100 to be even better than the R-50 at this.

Do these IEMs with their monsterous soundstage, sound distant? Do vocals in say, folk music sound closer? One of the trade-offs for soundstage in lesser priced IEMs is this ability to place foreground instruments more forward. The EPH100 does a good job of this, but the overall soundstage is pretty small... so the background instruments sound like they are behind, but not very far. How do the Tenores or the Bassos handle this?

May 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #86 of 6,090
Quote:
The air between instruments... that is what I'm wondering: how well do these Zero Audio IEMs put space between instruments (not the same thing as soundstage). 

The DX210 has very good imaging:
Guitars - either left or right
Drums - Center/12 o'clock (on other recordings - 2 o'clock)
Vocals - near front (or sometimes sounds like you're on vocals)
Cymbals - pops up everywhere from different directions
Bass - surrounds the entire stage (like everything is in this bubble of bass)

Not sure if this is what you meant by spacing...

May 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #87 of 6,090
Quote:
Quote:
wink.gif

Glad you posted that over hear, and glad I read it again. Basically what you are saying is that the Tenores are great. Got it!

Btw, you mentioned "JVC FX70". Do you mean FXD70?

yup, sorry for the typo

May 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #88 of 6,090
Quote:

The DX210 has very good imaging:
Guitars - either left or right
Drums - Center/12 o'clock (on other recordings - 2 o'clock)
Vocals - near front (or sometimes sounds like you're on vocals)
Cymbals - pops up everywhere from different directions
Bass - surrounds the entire stage (like everything is in this bubble of bass)

Not sure if this is what you meant by spacing...

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm getting at, but it isn't just where the instrument is placed in a circumference, but also where it is placed within the circle itself (ie: voices clearly sounding closer to your brain, drums and ambient sounding farther back). :wink:

A song I use to test vocal placement. I love how it feels like she is singing directly into your ear with an IEM that has good vocal placement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgFqvteVrMI 

May 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #89 of 6,090
Gonna have to listen some more, but my recollection is that the Zeros do a nice job of putting air between the instruments, but the Sony and the Westone do it better. I'm playing with tips, going to try large double flange large bore tips tonight (sounds like a weapon...)

May 30, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #90 of 6,090
Hmm so it looks like I made a mistake in not editing the item as a gift through Tenso. I'll now know to do that in future :smile:

Yeah you should do that mate, and also you can change the value that is displayed. :wink:

Just copied this from the Discovery Thread, so the Zero thread wouldn't feel left out :wink:

Thanks for posting the impressions mate, I'll add them to the OP later today.

Has anyone got both the tenore and the basso?

Not as far as I know.

Hopefully waynes world will be the first. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back