Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jun 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #106 of 6,090
Have to say, tempting to add the Bassos to the Tenores...

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #107 of 6,090
Quote:
You will be the first! And like a lemming, I'll probaby be the 2nd lol.

How much do you love your Tenores @Lifted? C'mon, push us over the edge!

They seem fairly tip dependent. I threw on the blue hybrid tips (without foam) from the gr08be's, and the bass seemed to tighten up very nicely. Possibly the sony hybrids would have the same effect.

Maybe I'll get the Tenore's and just skip on the SZ2000's.  Don't really feel like spending $300 on bass canons.  

I am using the hybrids and do like the sound I'm hearing.  Didn't care for the Auveo's.  I have some Meelecs. and other tips I'll try out.  Haven't used any of the supplied tips yet.  Don't care for foam tips.  

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #108 of 6,090
Quote:
Maybe I'll get the Tenore's and just skip on the SZ2000's.  Don't really feel like spending $300 on bass canons.  

I am using the hybrids and do like the sound I'm hearing.  Didn't care for the Auveo's.  I have some Meelecs. and other tips I'll try out.  Haven't used any of the supplied tips yet.  Don't care for foam tips.  

Sounds like my kind of rationalizing lol! Actually, I am more than happy with the WS99's, so my SZ2000 resistance level is pretty high at the moment (subject to change at a moment's notice!). But, those Tenores are just plain tempting because the Basso's are so great, and because @Lifted is enjoying them so much. Very curious!

Regarding tips with the vsd1's, let us know if you find something that really works. And yeah, what's with all of the foam tips supplied with the vsd1's? I really don't care for foam tips either, and I would have preferred by quite a margin the spread of tips that came with the gr07be's.

Jun 4, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #109 of 6,090
Quote:
You will be the first! And like a lemming, I'll probaby be the 2nd lol.

How much do you love your Tenores @Lifted? C'mon, push us over the edge!

They seem fairly tip dependent. I threw on the blue hybrid tips (without foam) from the gr08be's, and the bass seemed to tighten up very nicely. Possibly the sony hybrids would have the same effect.

So much so that I'm considering selling my Yamaha EPH100s, hows that for pushing you over the edge?? 
size]
size]

Quote:
Have to say, tempting to add the Bassos to the Tenores...

Same here, very tempting!!

I think I'll only do it if waynes gets the Tenores though lol

Quote:

Sounds like my kind of rationalizing lol! Actually, I am more than happy with the WS99's, so my SZ2000 resistance level is pretty high at the moment (subject to change at a moment's notice!). But, those Tenores are just plain tempting because the Basso's are so great, and because @Lifted is enjoying them so much. Very curious!

Regarding tips with the vsd1's, let us know if you find something that really works. And yeah, what's with all of the foam tips supplied with the vsd1's? I really don't care for foam tips either, and I would have preferred by quite a margin the spread of tips that came with the gr07be's.

Gooo on, you know your ears deserve to be pleasured by their amazingly defined, wide soundstage. 
size]

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #110 of 6,090
Quote:

So much so that I'm considering selling my Yamaha EPH100s, hows that for pushing you over the edge?? 
size]
size]

Huxley on the VSD1 thread preferred the VSD1 over the EPH100 
eek.gif

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #111 of 6,090
Quote:
Huxley on the VSD1 thread preferred the VSD1 over the EPH100 
eek.gif

Yeah I saw his comparison post mate.

Apparently Yamaha EPH100 isnt worth its price tag anymore lol

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #112 of 6,090
Jun 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #113 of 6,090
Jun 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #114 of 6,090
Jun 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #115 of 6,090
Quote:
Someone is selling the Tenore for $53 shipped from Philadelphia:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zero-Audio-ZH-DX200-CT-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Carbo-Tenore-/261225569272

He said "[size=small]Very nice highs and mids, but enough bass (not shrill or harsh)."[/size]

I offered $50 shipped and he accepted.  I guess they're mine now, LOL!  Man, I need to stop reading head-fi.  I've bought the JVC HA-S500, ATH-CKN70, and now Zero Audio Carbo Tenore.  Must,....stop....reading.

For those with Tenore, are you using stock tips?

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #116 of 6,090
Jun 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #117 of 6,090
Been playing with the Tenore's. I had read someplace on Head-Fi about ProGuard EarPortz tips, and figured I'd give them a try. I generally have trouble getting a good seal, finding the right tips, etc (my left ear seems wider than my right-anyone else have this problem?). Anyway, ordered them in large, but they seem to run smaller than Larges usually run, and I don't get a good seal without holding them in place. The thing is, when I hold them in place, the sound is incredible. No fooling-can't do it for very long, but the bass seems to go down further and get tighter, details seem sharper. This is from a short time of listening, mind you, as it was painful to hold them deep enough to get a seal, and could only tolerate a short time of it. I think I'll send them back to Earplug Superstore for the next size up and see if they work in a more comfortable way, maybe they are still uncomfortable and not practical no matter how good they sound (and maybe on listening for an extended time, I'll notice flaws). They are not inexpensive, at $7.77 a pair, + shipping (more than some well regarded iem's on the Discovery Thread). Probably take a bit of time to get them boxed, returned, get the larger set...I'll update when I have more on these things.

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #118 of 6,090
Quote:
Been playing with the Tenore's. I had read someplace on Head-Fi about ProGuard EarPortz tips, and figured I'd give them a try. I generally have trouble getting a good seal, finding the right tips, etc (my left ear seems wider than my right-anyone else have this problem?). Anyway, ordered them in large, but they seem to run smaller than Larges usually run, and I don't get a good seal without holding them in place. The thing is, when I hold them in place, the sound is incredible. No fooling-can't do it for very long, but the bass seems to go down further and get tighter, details seem sharper. This is from a short time of listening, mind you, as it was painful to hold them deep enough to get a seal, and could only tolerate a short time of it. I think I'll send them back to Earplug Superstore for the next size up and see if they work in a more comfortable way, maybe they are still uncomfortable and not practical no matter how good they sound (and maybe on listening for an extended time, I'll notice flaws). They are not inexpensive, at $7.77 a pair, + shipping (more than some well regarded iem's on the Discovery Thread). Probably take a bit of time to get them boxed, returned, get the larger set...I'll update when I have more on these things.

Have you tried any double flanged tips?

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #119 of 6,090
Yeah, tried double, triple, none works consistently but I;m more lileky to get a fit with the multiflanged ones, though sometimes a round one will work. Tried gels, foams, Monsters, Westone's own new tips, Meelectronics, probably many I haven't tried but got a really large bag I go through when I'm looking for a fit.

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #120 of 6,090
Quote:
Yeah, tried double, triple, none works consistently but I;m more lileky to get a fit with the multiflanged ones, though sometimes a round one will work. Tried gels, foams, Monsters, Westone's own new tips, Meelectronics, probably many I haven't tried but got a really large bag I go through when I'm looking for a fit.

Lol! The solution for you I'm afraid is to definitely get some new ears! 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back