Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 9, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #3,466 of 6,090
I will definitely but I did have both dunu hybrid which I didn't like because of fit and comfort and for sound the dn1000 had recessed midrange and dn2000 had no treble or subbass that I wanted and plus the dunu dn2000 and so painful in the ears:confounded:, looking at the altone200 they exactly looks like the te-05 without the removable cable :smiley:

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #3,467 of 6,090
Actually the housing of the Altone200 looks exactly like the Fischer Audio Silver Bullet. I had those driver flex monsters for a short bit. Almost identical. Let me know of the altone200 has any of that accompany in driver flex? The Fostex housing is much thinner and longer.

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #3,468 of 6,090
I'm looking for the Sony XBA H3 to drop in price to about $199, and I'm hopping on that hybrid train. Now there's a hybrid with universal acclaim that I think will sound great.

While they are pretty spiffy, if you like the pretty neutral sound of the Tenore, you might be in for a ride with the H3.

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #3,469 of 6,090
T-PEOS has never been that good. I have little hope for the altone200. I've owned both the H-100 and H-200, and both were weak with recessed mids and peaky treble, but we'll see? Not sure I buy reviews from reviewers that always tend to shill IEM's for the same company. That guy who reviewed the altone200 reviews all their IEMs. Hard to stay unbiased IMHO. I definitely think they won't be giant killers ect. But I hope you enjoy them, mochill?!
wink.gif

Why so negative? I trust the comments from the Head-Fiers who already received the Altone200's. So far all the comments have been positive.

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #3,470 of 6,090

Why so negative? I trust the comments from the Head-Fiers who already received the Altone200's. So far all the comments have been positive.

I trust them also. I've got a good feeling about the Altone's. Then again, I love my H200's (with the right tips), so I guess I'm easy to please :)

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #3,471 of 6,090
Actually the housing of the Altone200 looks exactly like the Fischer Audio Silver Bullet. I had those driver flex monsters for a short bit. Almost identical. Let me know of the altone200 has any of that accompany in driver flex? The Fostex housing is much thinner and longer.

They're probably smaller and don't have the angled housing like the Silver Bullets, I have them here next to my tiny Tenors. And d marco compared them with the Zero Audio Basso and mentioned that they are even smaller
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #3,472 of 6,090
Why negative? I'm not being negative. I'm speaking from experience. Some of you here seem to think that unless you massage the opinions of every single headfi'er about a "new" IEM, you're being negative. I'm speaking straight from EXPERIENCE. I don't like T-PEOS sound signature. Bhazard mentioned he didn't like the Tenores. He sold them. Wayne likes the Tenores, but he didn't like other IEM's like the FXT90 I believe it was? Did you go to either and post WHY SO NEGATIVE? I'm sure they would have told you the same thing I'm telling you. I've got a right to like or not like T-PEOS as a former owner of not one but two pair. So don't treat me like some novice, please. As for the Altone, I said I hope they turn out great for mochill and and miyaichi, and everyone else who invested in them, just like I got my fingers crossed about the Doppio. It's has mixed reviews, but the mention of it's sound sig seems to match mine. If not? I'll sell it in the classified and maybe pick up one of those cool looking Rock Jaw IEMs :)

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #3,473 of 6,090
You want to know a real negative? I'm listening to my Tenores on my X3, and I've got imbalance on the left side as I type this, which is making the devil come out of me. This poor *** QC from Zero Audio has me seething right now. I sure as hell hope the Doppio are built better??? If this doesn't correct itself, I'm switching over to my Pistons.

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #3,475 of 6,090
You want to know a real negative? I'm listening to my Tenores on my X3, and I've got imbalance on the left side as I type this, which is making the devil come out of me. This poor *** QC from Zero Audio has me seething right now. I sure as hell hope the Doppio are built better??? If this doesn't correct itself, I'm switching over to my Pistons.

^

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #3,476 of 6,090
Why negative? I'm not being negative. I'm speaking from experience. Some of you here seem to think that unless you massage the opinions of every single headfi'er about a "new" IEM, you're being negative. I'm speaking straight from EXPERIENCE. I don't like T-PEOS sound signature. Bhazard mentioned he didn't like the Tenores. He sold them. Wayne likes the Tenores, but he didn't like other IEM's like the FXT90 I believe it was? Did you go to either and post WHY SO NEGATIVE? I'm sure they would have told you the same thing I'm telling you. I've got a right to like or not like T-PEOS as a former owner of not one but two pair. So don't treat me like some novice, please. As for the Altone, I said I hope they turn out great for mochill and and miyaichi, and everyone else who invested in them, just like I got my fingers crossed about the Doppio. It's has mixed reviews, but the mention of it's sound sig seems to match mine. If not? I'll sell it in the classified and maybe pick up one of those cool looking Rock Jaw IEMs
smily_headphones1.gif

Just chill. Where did you get the idea that I was treating you like a novice. All I said is "why so negative?". You obviously haven't heard the Altone200's yet, so why make negative comments about them. I'm sorry if I offended you.   

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #3,477 of 6,090
It's cool. I got no beef with ya. Just saying based on my experience with other T-PEOS products, I don't have much faith in the altone200, but I hope in wrong.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #3,478 of 6,090

LOL it's ok. I couldn't do it. I switched to the Pistons, and remembered just what a horrible sounding IEM they are, and went back to my Tenores. I tried using my AM-90's, but still miss the detail and soundstage of the Tenores, plus the bass just isn't really impactful, though I will tell ya, the Astrotec AM90 are one of the best single BA bass IEMs. They can actually slam with a bit of boost on the X3, with no distortion. The treble though is kinda mellow, and the mids are tizzie. Still not a bad listen for $40. I still went back to my Tenores, and the imbalance is gone again.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #3,479 of 6,090
Ok so T-PEOS came out with a dual dynamic driver/single BA hybrid IEM, H-150, and there's almost no info on it, even with current prices going for $100.00. WHY IS THAT? Did they turn out to suck? Even for someone who isn't a fan of T-PEOS, this seems an intriguing concept.

Jul 10, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #3,480 of 6,090
LOL it's ok. I couldn't do it. I switched to the Pistons, and remembered just what a horrible sounding IEM they are, and went back to my Tenores. I tried using my AM-90's, but still miss the detail and soundstage of the Tenores, plus the bass just isn't really impactful, though I will tell ya, the Astrotec AM90 are one of the best single BA bass IEMs. They can actually slam with a bit of boost on the X3, with no distortion. The treble though is kinda mellow, and the mids are tizzie. Still not a bad listen for $40. I still went back to my Tenores, and the imbalance is gone again.

You have a TTS (Typical Tenore Syndrome) man!

It has no stability. It happens and goes away after some time... without any signs, without any reasons, without any explanations
angry_face.gif
you don't know how long will it last or how long will it take to cure.

Many people suck their Tenore's holes (yes both front and rear
very_evil_smiley.gif
), many people removed the filters, many people played around the cable and connections........ NO CURE, NO OUTCOME!

That TTS will make any Tenore lover a paranoid listener 
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back