Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jun 30, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #3,241 of 6,090

Well, I decided not to get rid of any tenores. Now I'm thinking of getting rid of the bassy tenore, because I'm finding the other two more reference.

Don't worry though, I might get rid of the ostry too. haha. I'm so undecided right now. I found an amazing string library for recording my music, so I'm starting to reconsider some of these earphones for now. Besides, you should hold onto those golden beauties. You might regret letting them go. :wink: The tenores I have are less bassy. :)

No you won't!
tongue.gif

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #3,242 of 6,090

Well, I decided not to get rid of any tenores. Now I'm thinking of getting rid of the bassy tenore, because I'm finding the other two more reference.

Don't worry though, I might get rid of the ostry too. haha. I'm so undecided right now. I found an amazing string library for recording my music, so I'm starting to reconsider some of these earphones for now. Besides, you should hold onto those golden beauties. You might regret letting them go. :wink: The tenores I have are less bassy. :)

^
Figures bass sissys never honor their words. :wink:

Welp i have 2 sets of Ostrys and just want to hear the tenore hype is alls, but yeah the Ostrys are probably better for me cuz my portable sources aren't really that powerful.

But if you ever decide to let go one of those "reference" sets for a trade or something let me get 1st dibs cuz i SERIOUSLY think ya'll are smoking something with your crazy arse hypes. haha

edit: i might even trade ya' back you sexcee black re-cabled set of Sony MH1 for those "reference" tenores. hoho

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #3,243 of 6,090

^
Figures bass sissys never honor their words. :wink:

Welp i have 2 sets of Ostrys and just want to hear the tenore hype is alls, but yeah the Ostrys are probably better for me cuz my portable sources aren't really that powerful.

But if you ever decide to let go one of those "reference" sets for a trade or something let me get 1st dibs cuz i SERIOUSLY think ya'll are smoking something with your crazy arse hypes. haha

edit: i might even trade ya' back you sexcee black re-cabled set of Sony MH1 for those "reference" tenores. hoho
Haha. Did you break them or something? Lol :wink:
I'mjust a confused man right now. Tenores and ostrys and strings, oh my! I just want a perfect salary. Ha!

Jun 30, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #3,244 of 6,090
Haha. Did you break them or something? Lol :wink:
I'mjust a confused man right now. Tenores and ostrys and strings, oh my! I just want a perfect salary. Ha!

luisdent, have you heard the Havi B3's? If not, please consider adding them to your list, and then push me over the edge to get them. The tenores, ostry's and B3's might just make a perfect budget trinity! :)

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #3,245 of 6,090
I know i'm going to kick myself so hard for this later.   BAH!!!! I traded one of my reference tenores to sfwalcer. :)  Let me pull the knife out of my chest... UHHhhhhhhh!  :p

He's been really good to me though, so i figure he deserves it. :wink: Can't wait to hear his impressions...

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #3,246 of 6,090
  I know i'm going to kick myself so hard for this later.   BAH!!!! I traded one of my reference tenores to sfwalcer. :)  Let me pull the knife out of my chest... UHHhhhhhhh!  :p

He's been really good to me though, so i figure he deserves it. :wink: Can't wait to hear his impressions...

^
Muahahahahahahahahahaha
most excellence!!!
evil_smiley.gif

These "reference" tenroes better live up to the hype, if not..... that knife ain't ever coming out meng, cuz it will only go further in.
very_evil_smiley.gif
DEAD SERIOUS!!!! LET THE FUNZIES BEGIN!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO man am i hyped to hear these, i have finally gathered all the hype gears to do my massive write-up now.
cool.gif

But tbh have just been lazy and been slacking on it for reals for reals.
ph34r.gif
.... not like anyone was holding their breath anyways. : P

edit: and my good old GR07 BE is coming back to me as well what mo' can i ask for. hoho Man there is gonna be a schiit load of IEMs in this lil' write-up.
triportsad.gif

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #3,249 of 6,090
He probably sent you the bass heavy one, but said it's the reference.  :evil:  The bass reference.  :p

Ha! I did!!!.... Just kidding. My bassy set is easy to tell because it has super glue on it (what a waste, oh well) Hehe. No glue on these puppies, you're getting a 100% genuine, luisdent certified reference zero audio tenore, lol

But if you don't like it i'll slap you!!! You had better respect those audio masterpieces! :p you can sell all your other earphones now. your search is complete. Haha j/k. But not.

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #3,250 of 6,090
  He probably sent you the bass heavy one, but said it's the reference.  
evil_smiley.gif
 The bass reference.  
tongue.gif
 He probably was right saying reference, as it's bass reference.

^
i probably couldn't tell the diff anyways cuz i ain't as anal with my bass as these bass sissys are. : P

That's why i told that mofo luisdent to send me both pairs and i'll only keep the set that sounds the best to me, but his stingy arse wouldn't do it.
tongue.gif
  So now i am stuck with some weak sauce bass stuff. You feel my pain meng, damn skippy. THE HORROR!!! T_T

Uh oh. I started a gif/emoticon fest! :wink: :wink:

^
There is no going back now, you have single handed destroyed what was once a very informative/ helpful thread into now a cesspool of gif/emoticon diarrhea, you got blood on/in your...... ain't going there. hoho
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #3,251 of 6,090
Sf, you're a lucky bugger! Congrats!

I'm a lucky bugger as well - I picked up my replacement Tenores today (after mini-meet with the Nickerfied one), and they sound as good as the first pair that I had, and so far the drivers are behaving themselves.
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #3,253 of 6,090
  Sf, you're a lucky bugger! Congrats!

I'm a lucky bugger as well - I picked up my replacement Tenores today (after mini-meet with the Nickerfied one), and they sound as good as the first pair that I had, and so far the drivers are behaving themselves.
biggrin.gif

^
Thanks MASA' WAYNE, can't say that i ain't cuz my collection of cheapo budget-fi wonders is getting bigger and bigger yet is still lean and mean in sound but hasn't destroyed my wallet yet. LoL

Likewise congrats on your 2nd set but try to not do anything crazy like paddleboard with it will ya'.
wink.gif

Though i am sure it is tempting. haha

No worries sfwalcer, the difference in bass on my sets is so small, if you don't like one you won't like the other. And they're no bass slouch. Play with the depth. That sub bass goes aaallllllll the way doooowwwwwwnnnn. It's beautiful .

^
That sounds like these will compete REALLY well with the Fostex TE-05 cuz the TE-05 got crazy good sub bass quantity as well as quality without much mid bass bloat/ bleed. Pretty damn musical as well, but yet has great micro detailing without sounding too over analytical or cold. Almost perfect but..... can be a bit fatiguing for long listening lessons.

The Ostry KC06 is much better for extended sessions from my sources compared to the TE-05 plus it is much easier to drive from my phone. The birds wins out in practicality while the TE-05 wins in technical ability, so it should be interesting to see how these reference tenores fare compared to these two.

HYPED!!!
popcorn.gif

Jul 2, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #3,254 of 6,090
But tbh have just been lazy and been slacking on it for reals for reals. :ph34r: .... not like anyone was holding their breath anyways. : P

I'm going Blue in the face. Write it up aleadyyyyyyyy

Any early opinions being formed on the Tenores ?

Jul 2, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #3,255 of 6,090

^
Muahahahahahahahahahaha
most excellence!!!
evil_smiley.gif

These "reference" tenroes better live up to the hype, if not..... that knife ain't ever coming out meng, cuz it will only go further in.
very_evil_smiley.gif
DEAD SERIOUS!!!! LET THE FUNZIES BEGIN!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO man am i hyped to hear these, i have finally gathered all the hype gears to do my massive write-up now.
cool.gif

But tbh have just been lazy and been slacking on it for reals for reals.
ph34r.gif
.... not like anyone was holding their breath anyways. : P

edit: and my good old GR07 BE is coming back to me as well what mo' can i ask for. hoho Man there is gonna be a schiit load of IEMs in this lil' write-up.
triportsad.gif

Yessss, good ol' sfwalcer is back and writing reviews, can't wait :D
Thought you disappeared forever :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back