Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jun 28, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #3,226 of 6,090
  I wear all my earphone under earmuffs at home. Well, under gun protection earmuffs to be exact. No joke. My A/C is so freaking loud I couldn't hear myself think.

Well, that explains certain things. You oughta add a disclaimer to your impression posts.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #3,227 of 6,090

I wear all my earphone under earmuffs at home. Well, under gun protection earmuffs to be exact. No joke. My A/C is so freaking loud I couldn't hear myself think.

Well, that explains certain things. You oughta add a disclaimer to your impression posts.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Ha :wink: When I'm testing earphones I have the a/c off and wear them normally. But at night when I'm just listening to music sweating my @s$ off I have them on so I can use the a/c :p I only wear them when I need them, and they don't change the sound anyway, except by making the listening environment quieter. :p

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #3,229 of 6,090
I don't think they changed the tuning, because in that case there'd only be two different sound signatures. Instead the bass levels vary at more than two levels, as much as 10dB. They could match bassy drivers to bassy drivers and reference drivers to reference drivers (and bass light drivers to bass light drivers).

Getting MH1 flashbacks :l

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #3,230 of 6,090
Getting MH1 flashbacks :l

All of my Tenore's are close in bass but there are differences of a few db's. Nothing huge though.

Interestingly I've been listening to Luisdents recabled mh1 with super glue in its strain reliefs and comparing to my bassiest Tenore with taped vents.

His super glued mh1 has vastly improved bass over one without. The tape mod Tenore has a tiny bit more sub bass and the super glued mh1 has a tiny bit more mid bass. Very surprising there. Vocals sound much better on the Tenore- better balanced with mids and treble. The mh1 surprisingly sounds slightly V shaped/hollow in direct comparison. The Tenore treble seems more controlled and more even as well.

Hmm. So why do I need to keep any mh1's? Well, other than looks- the white mh1 with SPC cable does look great. But I'd reach for the Tenore over it every time.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #3,231 of 6,090

You may mock, but luisdent is obviously comfortable enough in his masculinity as to not be ashamed of his color preferences. Bravo luisdent!

Dat hot pink ear muffs.  Mmmmmm yummy.  
biggrin.gif

It isolates and the man is wearing it inside the house.  No worries.  You know how hot colors are typically colors for warnings?  Warning Warning.  If you were at the gun range, it can cause some flirtations by other male members within the vicinity.  

Anyway, dat post made my day.  It's one of the best ever I've run into here on this thread.  

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #3,232 of 6,090
Hi guys, are your tenores affected by burn in?

Jun 29, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #3,236 of 6,090
I know many swear against use of Equ, but I was wondering how well the Tenores respond to it.

Can a pair with very low or high bass be tamed to reference level to some degree with Equ. Or tip selection & insertion depth are the only way ?

Mine have shipped at last. ETA 15/07 :popcorn:

Jun 29, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #3,237 of 6,090
I know many swear against use of Equ, but I was wondering how well the Tenores respond to it.

Can a pair with very low or high bass be tamed to reference level to some degree with Equ. Or tip selection & insertion depth are the only way ?

Mine have shipped at last. ETA 15/07
popcorn.gif

Mine is a reference pair, and I can confirm that it responds VERY good to bass boost: 3-6 dB up around 60Hz and I'm a happy man!

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #3,238 of 6,090
FYI, I'm going to be putting my bassy (but still pretty reference) pair of tenores up for sale on the forum. I need to sell some things to make money for some sampled instruments. :p And o.k., maybe four tenores was a bit overkill... But they are amazing!

I'm going to sell the one I consider the bassiest, as I prefer my perfect reference sets (to my ears). So I would still describe this as pretty reference, and not as bassy as some describe. If anyone is interested send me a PM. I should have the ad up in the next day or so. These do have super glued stress relief, which made absolutely no difference in the sound, but at least they're reinforced now. :wink: hehe. And it isn't visible without close inspection. Anyway, I think I can live with three and an ostry. haha

I won't tell anyone about the other earphone I've been contemplating selling. I'd get thrown to the wolves. :wink:

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #3,239 of 6,090
  FYI, I'm going to be putting my bassy (but still pretty reference) pair of tenores up for sale on the forum. I need to sell some things to make money for some sampled instruments. :p And o.k., maybe four tenores was a bit overkill... But they are amazing!

I'm going to sell the one I consider the bassiest, as I prefer my perfect reference sets (to my ears). So I would still describe this as pretty reference, and not as bassy as some describe. If anyone is interested send me a PM. I should have the ad up in the next day or so. These do have super glued stress relief, which made absolutely no difference in the sound, but at least they're reinforced now. :wink: hehe. And it isn't visible without close inspection. Anyway, I think I can live with three and an ostry. haha

I won't tell anyone about the other earphone I've been contemplating selling. I'd get thrown to the wolves. :wink:

^
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what happened to the trade offer from my Golden Ostriches!!! You no want dat golden ears sound. : P

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #3,240 of 6,090

^
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what happened to the trade offer from my Golden Ostriches!!! You no want dat golden ears sound. : P

Well, I decided not to get rid of any tenores. Now I'm thinking of getting rid of the bassy tenore, because I'm finding the other two more reference.

Don't worry though, I might get rid of the ostry too. haha. I'm so undecided right now. I found an amazing string library for recording my music, so I'm starting to reconsider some of these earphones for now. Besides, you should hold onto those golden beauties. You might regret letting them go. :wink: The tenores I have are less bassy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back