Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 25, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #1,937 of 6,090
90:sweat_smile:... Don't forget the fx850 tips:wink:

90? No. Nobody in their right mind would sell their 90's!

And yes, I will forget the fx850 tips... unless of course someone wants to give me the fx850's to go along with them! :)

May 25, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #1,938 of 6,090
Even with the bassier sound, it is still excellent bass.

The less bassy version with stock tips is like an ER-4S with vastly improved sub bass presence.
The bassier version with UE900 tips is like an ER-4S and MH1 love child.
Either one is a joy to listen to.

May 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #1,939 of 6,090

The less bassy version with stock tips is like an ER-4S with vastly improved sub bass presence.

Cool! I think I might enjoy that UE900 love child!

Btw, I tried loving my mh1c's again today. But literally within 5 minutes I got angry at the cable and how it was popping the drivers out of my ears (I was moving around). So I am afraid that the poor mh1c's will never get a fair shake from me unless I go for some magic re-cabling :frowning2:

May 25, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #1,940 of 6,090

Cool! I think I might enjoy that UE900 love child!

Btw, I tried loving my mh1c's again today. But literally within 5 minutes I got angry at the cable and how it was popping the drivers out of my ears (I was moving around). So I am afraid that the poor mh1c's will never get a fair shake from me unless I go for some magic re-cabling :frowning2:

Yeah, that's what got me. Sold my pair to a co-worker for $20, he couldn't have been happier. It was his first introduction to hifi at basement price.

May 26, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #1,946 of 6,090

Interesting. I definitely have a slight treble extension reduction with the sonys. I'll try mine a bit more. Do you think it is just fitting better somehow for you? I've talked to others, and they also have tried smaller bores which reduce extension and larger bores which at a minimum retain the extension, if not increase it. I wonder if something about the stock tips for you was reducing extension, and the sonys work better with your ears somehow?

Yeah, this is interesting as I definately have a way better treble extension with hybrids than with stock tips. I tryed everything, there is no question about it. Overall with hybrids as I said many times I have better detail in every frequencies. The mids sound a bit distant with stock tips to me, with hybrids they are more forward and lively. The treble really sparkle with hybrids which is way less with stock. This is clearly telling me how different the sound can be perceived but the Tenores sounds outstanding anyway. It's just the game of tip rolling that need to be done by everyone to find out which tips works best for them.

May 26, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #1,948 of 6,090

Exactly.

This is clearly telling me how different the sound can be perceived but the Tenores sounds outstanding anyway. It's just the game of tip rolling that need to be done by everyone to find out which tips works best for them.

Exactly.

May 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #1,949 of 6,090
My pair of tenores came in earlier this day and Iam kinda blown away.

I expected something along the lines of RHA MA750 sonical attributes, these are way better. The bass is of amazing quality, tight not bloated, not bleeding into the mids and just the right quantity, mids are just perfectly smooth and easy going, treble was good smooth as well but might lack some extension or iam just to used to the somewhat brighter ATH IM02 right now, will do some more comparisons later.

to some it up:

+ They look amazing
+ small and lightweight
+ sound 
+ stock tips are really good

- driver flex on left side, so I need to insert them like people described, no biggie
- cable seems to be the weakest link on these

that being said, iam ordering a backup pair. I had quite some highend inears and customs, the soundsignature hits exactly my sweetspot and they fit amazing, I can't find me missing anything.
Maybe someone should ask ZMF if he wants to / can recable the tenore.

Anyways thanks for discovering  these!

May 26, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #1,950 of 6,090
Wow! Ordered ZA Tenore on 18 May , received them today (26 May)!
That's what I call fast shipping, my turds take longer to arrive that this!
ksc75smile.gif

Ordered from amazon.com (Comtachi Japan) to the Netherlands. 

I'll post my impressions soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back