Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 24, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #1,906 of 6,090
Can someone compare Tenore to his/her Sony MH1/MH1C/ZMF MH1 ? What are the similarities and differences in sq? Is the soundstage (ss wide, depth, heihght ) and imaging same/similar? I am thinking of recabling my MH1C with pure silver or spc wire nowadays and if its going to be something close or better than Tenore I will definately go for it. Btw, I am still in love with B3 and going to sell Kc06.

May 24, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #1,909 of 6,090
  Legenddddd!
Now I got to buy these.

I'm curious (slightly OT)... where do you stand now on the GR07? With the recent influx of top-tier budget IEM's, do you think they can hold their own? I'm thinking of repurchasing the GR07BE because I loved it so much when I had it

If the Gr07 had a more 3d presentation and more refined treble, I wouldn't be here right now. I think the Ostry and Tenore outdo the GR07...they actually outdo a lot of iems. 

The tenore would actually be an upgrade to the GR07 in timbre and treble. It's also a helluva lot more distributed in its soundstage capabilities*

(*I haven't heard the GR07 in a while, since I gave it to a friend...but I've owned them at least 3 times).

May 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #1,910 of 6,090
Can someone compare Tenore to his/her Sony MH1/MH1C/ZMF MH1 ? What are the similarities and differences in sq? Is the soundstage (ss wide, depth, heihght ) and imaging same/similar? I am thinking of recabling my MH1C with pure silver or spc wire nowadays and if its going to be something close or better than Tenore I will definately go for it. Btw, I am still in love with B3 and going to sell Kc06.

The tenore is my favorite iem of all time, but i'm still recabling myself an mh1 if that says anything.

With the right fit, the tenore has more revealing treble and tighter, flatter bass. The mh1 sounds a bit more relaxing at times. They're very complimentary of each other, but i think the tenore is much better if you want critical quality.

May 24, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #1,912 of 6,090
Here's my video review:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xbd1V_cOm2A

I pronounce a lot of things wrong. Haha "et-ee-mau-tic" lol and "carbon tenore". Oh well. :wink:

Wow.  Wow...

...wow!!!

LOL

Nice review! 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 24, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #1,913 of 6,090
May 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #1,914 of 6,090
Am I hearing things? I know everyone have different ears and we hear different but I find the sony hybrids way more detailed and extended in every aspect than stock tips. Bass goes lower hitting harder and it's better textured, the vocals are more forward and the treble is much more detailed, crisp, energetic and extended. Also I find them much more airy and with bigger soundstage.The sound is much more bodied and more engaging. I think there is also an increase in sound volume, how crazy that might sound, but with their soft material they drive the sound better in my ears or something. There is no contest for me, hybrids are way better, in fact I like them the most, I try different tips but always I go back to them. But they started to sound like this after at least 100 hours, maybe even more. At start they didn't sound alright, I used the stock tips also. This is why I think the Tenores need more than 100 hours of burn in maybe closer to 200 to achieve full potential. I know there were many ppl who said that hybrids are not that good, I think I have weird ears.
evil_smiley.gif

May 24, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #1,915 of 6,090
  Am I hearing things? I know everyone have different ears and we hear different but I find the sony hybrids way more detailed and extended in every aspect than stock tips. Bass goes lower hitting harder and it's better textured, the vocals are more forward and the treble is much more detailed, crisp, energetic and extended. Also I find them much more airy and with bigger soundstage.The sound is much more bodied and more engaging. I think there is also an increase in sound volume, how crazy that might sound, but with their soft material they drive the sound better in my ears or something. There is no contest for me, hybrids are way better, in fact I like them the most, I try different tips but always I go back to them. But they started to sound like this after at least 100 hours, maybe even more. At start they didn't sound alright, I used the stock tips also. This is why I think the Tenores need more than 100 hours of burn in maybe closer to 200 to achieve full potential. I know there were many ppl who said that hybrids are not that good, I think I have weird ears.
evil_smiley.gif

I'm not sure which tips the "hybrids" are, but are the openings as large on them as the stock tip openings? My sony tips are smaller. However, the tip length is longer. Maybe you're just getting a better fit with the sony? If I push the stock tips in deep they're definitely more muffled and mid bass heavy. Just a thought?

May 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,917 of 6,090
I suggest comply t200, pure bliss

Luisdent, nice vid review! Watched it all and I agree

Thanks. :) I think I'm going to make a tip fitting video soon. I go through a lot of grief with earphones when it comes to fit and seal and whatnot. I almost didn't stick with the er4s because of it.

On another note, here is a better photo of the tenore in a mini altoids tin. As you can see, it fits with no stress to any part of the wires. I had this and the clip zip in my pocket today. So awesomely compact.

May 24, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #1,918 of 6,090

I'm not sure which tips the "hybrids" are, but are the openings as large on them as the stock tip openings? My sony tips are smaller. However, the tip length is longer. Maybe you're just getting a better fit with the sony? If I push the stock tips in deep they're definitely more muffled and mid bass heavy. Just a thought?

I'm using this ones.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-EPEX10A-BLACK-Hybrid-Replacement-Earbud-Cusions-/360912538074?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item54081049da
The bore is slighty smaller than stock tips, but not by much. The medium/green fit me best. I can't push stock ones more than I do without hurting my ears, I get good fit with them also. I'm wearing them straight down exactly like on your picture.
The m6's double flange bore is also smaller than stock. I find larger bore compressing the sound and the soundstage.

May 24, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #1,920 of 6,090

I'm using this ones.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-EPEX10A-BLACK-Hybrid-Replacement-Earbud-Cusions-/360912538074?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item54081049da
The bore is slighty smaller than stock tips, but not by much. The medium/green fit me best. I can't push stock ones more than I do without hurting my ears, I get good fit with them also. I'm wearing them straight down exactly like on your picture.
The m6's double flange bore is also smaller than stock. I find larger bore compressing the sound and the soundstage.

Interesting. I definitely have a slight treble extension reduction with the sonys. I'll try mine a bit more. Do you think it is just fitting better somehow for you? I've talked to others, and they also have tried smaller bores which reduce extension and larger bores which at a minimum retain the extension, if not increase it. I wonder if something about the stock tips for you was reducing extension, and the sonys work better with your ears somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back