Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #1,893 of 6,090
The fit for me goes deeper :disappointed:

Definitely play around and try to get it sealed well at a more shallow level. You should see a more linear response if your ear properties are similar to mine at all. If you're familiar with the er4s sounds you'll know when you have it. It's insanely similar overall but with better sub bass.

May 23, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #1,894 of 6,090
That's why I love the meelectronic M6/A161p double flange tips that Lifted Andreas, the thread starter, recommended.  They don't go deep in the ear and the nozzle/tip is long, creating space/soundstage/airyness.

See first post for info and links.

May 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #1,895 of 6,090
If you want more info on Tenores, keep up with the Discovery thread.  Dsnuts, Dannybai, Mikaveli06, and others are commenting on them.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-zero-audio-singolos-pg1644-doppios-pg1197

May 24, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #1,901 of 6,090
I got the loaner Tenore in today. These were the initial impressions I sent.

..... Oh, and I got them in this afternoon. I’m just now sitting down with them…I’ve been preoccupied all day.

First thoughts: “s**t, vacuum seal.”

Ok, stream of  diarrhea incoming…

Definitely more 3d than the Ostry, but lacks the Ostry’s air in the lower mids and general prowess with vocals. It’s also not as diffuse-fieldy as I thought it would have been.

The vacuum seal may be messing with my thoughts, so I switch to the Jay’s foam tips, one of the few foamies that don’t obstruct the nozzle.

Wow, the soundstage can be startling at times. Timbre is wow.

Nevermind, vocals are frickin’ (PG version) amazing. I just wish they had a touch more air.

Bass is a lot more powerful than I was expecting, based on gnarlsagan and lusident’s preferences, but it’s exquisitely controlled. It’s a MH1C, but without the gaudy sub-bass lift.

I still wish vocals had more air, and that the upper mids could have a slight lift to give a bit more aggression. As it stands, it may be a tad too smooth for me.

I can’t yet directly compare to the Ostry since my pair is out on tour, but this phone has already impressed me as much as the KC06 did on first listen…which says a LOT.

I still wish it had a bit more air with vocals.

Adding to this, timbre is truly remarkable.

May 24, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #1,903 of 6,090
  I got the loaner Tenore in today. These were the initial impressions I sent.

Adding to this, timbre is truly remarkable.

Legenddddd!
Now I got to buy these.

I'm curious (slightly OT)... where do you stand now on the GR07? With the recent influx of top-tier budget IEM's, do you think they can hold their own? I'm thinking of repurchasing the GR07BE because I loved it so much when I had it

May 24, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #1,904 of 6,090
These were rumored to be discontinued because they were taken off the official. With them back on it, think they are still in production. 

edit: looks like ZA just had an issue were demand exceeded production, so they were out of stock for a bit. Got this info from the news portion of the official site

May 24, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #1,905 of 6,090
  Legenddddd!
Now I got to buy these.

I'm curious (slightly OT)... where do you stand now on the GR07? With the recent influx of top-tier budget IEM's, do you think they can hold their own? I'm thinking of repurchasing the GR07BE because I loved it so much when I had it

Not to just jump in to a conversation, but I've got the Classic GR07 aswell as the Tenores.

For my money, the GR07s are still king.

The Tenores definitely have a much more even frequency response, impressively so.
However the GR07 is far more deeply textured.
A good way to put it is that the Tenores allow you to hear the music in a very balanced way. However the GR07 really reaches out, texture-wise, and makes you feel the music throughout the frequency range. The Tenores are smooth with a very finely detailed high-frequency finish, while the GR07 is deep and masterfully "rippling" throughout the bass, mids and treble.

Inherently the difference between these styles of presentation for me tends to be that orchestral music sounds much better, and more lifelike, on the Tenore, it maintains a more natural proportion for the acoustic sounds and the generally prominent room sound and ambience.
However if you want a more dynamically aggressive (excellently retained even at high volumes) and "spitty" sound, the GR07s are superb for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back