Your 'perfect' mobile rig ?
Jun 23, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #121 of 131
iPad camera dock connector devilsound USB câble dac hornet gs1000 or UM3

Jun 23, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #122 of 131

Quote:
sanity8me, I am amazed with your choices. I thought that I am very rational minimalist but you beat me to the ground!

What does your nickname means?

Minimalism can sometimes be a virtue.

Not too many people realize how incredible the JH-16's can sound right out of an unamped portable source.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if the most highly praised universal IEM's like the SM3's right out of (any $$$ source + any $$$ amp) will be capable of surpassing a simple setup like the JH-16's with the Clip+.

On top of that, the 16's full potential isn't even close to being reached with the Clip+.  This is my dilemma at the moment because I'm not sure what my next DAC/amp upgrade should be.

My nick? I rather keep it a mystery.

Jun 23, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #123 of 131
iphone 3G + Custom UE10Pro........

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #124 of 131

Quote:
Minimalism can sometimes be a virtue.

Not too many people realize how incredible the JH-16's can sound right out of an unamped portable source.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if the most highly praised universal IEM's like the SM3's right out of (any $$$ source + any $$$ amp) will be capable of surpassing a simple setup like the JH-16's with the Clip+.

On top of that, the 16's full potential isn't even close to being reached with the Clip+.  This is my dilemma at the moment because I'm not sure what my next DAC/amp upgrade should be.

My nick? I rather keep it a mystery.

i also agree with what you're saying, no offense to the people that have done it, but i dont understand say buying an imod, and a 3-400 dollar amp and then some 250-350 dollar headphones. for the same amount of money you could get a clip and a set of 13's or 16's and have higher quality audio :/

but once the 3a is out, the best setup will be ipod classic + algorithm solo + 3A, and as far as im concerned there isnt even a desktop rig that could touch that, and its portable! the best part for me is that ill be able to take it to work :D

Jun 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #125 of 131
If I'm out and walking around a lot, I like to use my iPod touch + FiiO E1 + IE8's. Love the remote when I walk around so I don't need to mess with my iPod.

If I'm not moving around much and can sit down at a library or something, I like to use my iPod Touch + Headstage Arrow + IE8.

Jun 24, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #126 of 131

Quote:
i also agree with what you're saying, no offense to the people that have done it, but i dont understand say buying an imod, and a 3-400 dollar amp and then some 250-350 dollar headphones. for the same amount of money you could get a clip and a set of 13's or 16's and have higher quality audio :/

but once the 3a is out, the best setup will be ipod classic + algorithm solo + 3A, and as far as im concerned there isnt even a desktop rig that could touch that, and its portable! the best part for me is that ill be able to take it to work :D

Please excuse my ignorance, what is an algorithm solo? I googled it but nothing about hifi or portable hifi came up. I am seriously considering the 3A/16 combo for my classic so this interests me!

Jun 24, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #127 of 131

Quote:
Please excuse my ignorance, what is an algorithm solo? I googled it but nothing about hifi or portable hifi came up. I am seriously considering the 3A/16 combo for my classic so this interests me!

haha that would be casue i didnt spell it quite right, the company page is here it pulls digital out out of the ipod/ipad/iphone

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #128 of 131

Quote:
haha that would be casue i didnt spell it quite right, the company page is here it pulls digital out out of the ipod/ipad/iphone

Well, you did have to go and show me this didn't you!:) You know I am going to explain to my bank manager that later in the year a large amount of $$ will be leaving my bank account and it is all your falt. I think this may just be ultimate portable rig!

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #129 of 131

Quote:
Well, you did have to go and show me this didn't you!:) You know I am going to explain to my bank manager that later in the year a large amount of $$ will be leaving my bank account and it is all your falt. I think this may just be ultimate portable rig!

its not that it may be ian, it will be the best portable rig 
wink_face.gif
 all the amazing reviews people have been giving of the 3a are from an analog line out from an ipad, i cant wait to hear it with digital input

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #131 of 131
On the day that I am really mobile, with lots of outdoor interviews, the JH16/iPod Nano combo is my favorite rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back