Your favorite quotes.
Apr 30, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #31 of 168
One who asks a question is but a fool for a few moments...
One who does not ask at all is but a fool forever...
-anonymous

Apr 30, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #33 of 168
My favorite quotes on politics:

"t is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence to never practice either of them."
- - - Mark Twain

"Democracy is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike."
--- Plato, The Republic. Book VIII. 558

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.''
--- Ronald Reagan

Favorites on life

"Of all manifestations of power, restraint impresses men the most.''
--- Thucydides

"Men do not care how nobly they live, but only how long, although it is within the reach of every man to live nobly, but within no man's power to live long.'' --- Seneca

"When you walk, just walk. When you sit, just sit - and don’t wobble." -- ?

Apr 30, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #34 of 168
"Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean you are not after me."

"Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

"A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." "

"I've always been considered an ******* for about as long as I can remember. That's just my style. But I'd really feel blue if I didn't think you were going to forgive me."

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #35 of 168
“You’re never alone with a schizophrenic”

“If you go fast, you’ll go fast.”
--Seen on a Freeway Condition sign on the I-10 in LA about 30 years ago

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #36 of 168
Lawyer: “Is your appearance here today pursuant to the summons you received?”
Plaintiff:: “No, this is how I always dress for work.”

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #37 of 168
My wife’s favorite:
“Did you walk to work or did you bring your lunch?’

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #38 of 168
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
--Theodore Roosevelt

I like this quote because it kind of describes me.

May 1, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #39 of 168
“There is nothing so disturbing to one’s well-being and judgment as to see a friend getting richer” - Charles Kindleberger, American economist

"Mundus vult decipi -- ergo decipiatur" The world wants to be deceived -- let it therefore be deceived - Max Winkler, financial commentator

May 1, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #41 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by skullguise
I've seen a lot of great and funny quotes...but one makes me laugh and think at once. Not just at/about the quote, but also at/about life, because sometimes you just can't take it too seriously....

"What if the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about...?"

I love this one, Skullguise, glad I saw it here.

May 1, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #42 of 168
"And in the beginning there was the Word -- 'Freebird.' And 'Freebird' would be yelled throughout the centuries. 'Freebird,' the mantra of the moron."

-late comedian Bill Hicks during a Chicago gig in the early 1990s

May 1, 2005 at 10:23 PM Post #43 of 168
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear... And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear is gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

-Frank Herbert (Dune)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back