You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #1,501 of 6,356
Not really on topic, but when I was at school yesterday, our English teacher asked what we wanted to do during the holidays and I mentioned I wanted to learn how to make electronic music, after hearing that, my teacher recommend me a software called Reason. I need to talk to him more, he seems like a audiophile to me.
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #1,503 of 6,356

Quote:
Not really on topic, but when I was at school yesterday, our English teacher asked what we wanted to do during the holidays and I mentioned I wanted to learn how to make electronic music, after hearing that, my teacher recommend me a software called Reason. I need to talk to him more, he seems like a audiophile to me.
biggrin.gif

Meeting the Teacher ~

This could be one of the most useful conversations you'll ever have with an instructor.
popcorn.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #1,507 of 6,356

Quote:
Guilty.
Right now it's about equal to my computer rig with all its pheriphals.
If I'm done with my B22 and have bought an HE-500 it will have surpassed it.
biggrin.gif

You know you are an audiophile when you are proud of this fact.

I'd be pulling my hair out if I put that much into my equipment by now lol. I paid the same amount of mula for my Computer that I did for my car RFLMAO.

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #1,508 of 6,356
When you buy a new pair of headphones for while your other new pair of headphones is in the shop.... 

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #1,509 of 6,356
Quote:
When you buy a new pair of headphones for while your other new pair of headphones is in the shop.... 

hahaha! I bough an LCD-2 cause I was getting my Pro 900 recabled. I guess I finally needed a reason to spend 1k on a headphone
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #1,510 of 6,356

Quote:
hahaha! I bough an LCD-2 cause I was getting my Pro 900 recabled. I guess I finally needed a reason to spend 1k on a headphone
tongue.gif

Haha yes!! I feel much better now 
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #1,512 of 6,356
When you're a "kid" with audiophile gear more expensive than the rest of your family's belongings (exept cars and housing) added together...

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #1,513 of 6,356

Quote:
When you're a "kid" with audiophile gear more expensive than the rest of your family's belongings (exept cars and housing) added together...

Is this a good or bad thing? Sounds like you're obsessed... which is not a problem if you're one of those "kids" with elevators in their house. But otherwise, it's unhealthy. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #1,514 of 6,356
Or maybe he lives in poverty and his Denons cost more than the family possessions. If he lives in a house with an elevator, I'd hate to know how many hundreds of thousands his audio collection is inevitably worth. 

Either way, it's probably unhealthy. But my audio obsessions are unhealthy too. How many around here are healthy?? 
smile.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #1,515 of 6,356

Quote:
Either way, it's probably unhealthy. But my audio obsessions are unhealthy too. How many around here are healthy?? 
smile.gif

Only those that are content with their iBuds. The rest of us are being sucked into an audiophile pit with no hope of return, some slower than others. But there's no denying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back