You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Aug 16, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #631 of 6,112
Lol at the stock car audio discussion... I was looking on old cars for sale on the local Craigslist and came across one (don't remember details or year probably 1960) It has listed "Original tube radio" It would l be a ton of fun to play around with I bet.

I have two 12" rockford Fosgate "Audiophile" line speakers in a sealed enclosure just fort schiit and giggles, ensuring else is stock. I'm happy with a terrible audio system in vehicles, I'd much rather all that money go towards a home rig (which you can actually focus on and enjoy with out putting lives in danger)

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #633 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when you take pictures of your gear before listening to it.

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #634 of 6,112
When you spend your holidays modding headphones such as recabling,damping experiments with various types of felt,changing pleather earpads into cloth ones.

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #637 of 6,112
Quote:

...or you're a photographer

Because having one wallet-crushing hobby just isn't enough 
size]

You know you're an audiophile when you say writing a review is justification for buying it. 

You know you're an audiophile AND a photographer when taking pictures of your gear (possibly for a review) is justification for buying a new lens or body. 

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #640 of 6,112
It is 4:30 AM, I have 16 tabs open, they are all about headphones, sound, and the like (except my mail which is open too)

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #641 of 6,112
Quote:
It is 4:30 AM, I have 16 tabs open, they are all about headphones, sound, and the like (except my mail which is open too)

and...the real reason your email tab is even open is so you don't miss a 'headphone deal notification'!    :wink:

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #642 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when you realise how lame a lot of your music sounds because your gear is so revealing. Upgrading to a STAX rig was a big disappointment in this regards. T_T

You know you're an audiophile when your DAC/amp sounds better than the home CD player/receiver. Seriously, my desktop gear sounds leagues better than the home speaker rig (I swapped out components between my rig and the home rig). >.>

Aug 17, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #643 of 6,112
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you realise how lame a lot of your music sounds because your gear is so revealing. Upgrading to a STAX rig was a big disappointment in this regards. T_T

Or the exact opposite, when you listen to music that sounds cool on your audiophile gear, even though the music itself is actually boring and you'd skip it when listening to lesser gear.

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #644 of 6,112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back