You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Aug 15, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #618 of 6,112
YKYAA when your ears start pouring out wine after an extended session of listening. Or is it blood. Well it tastes like wine. Too many alcohol wipes for the tips? 

Also, YKYAAW your Q701's bumps on the headbands suddenly rub off one day. Only then will they be properly burned it. And malfunctioning.

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #619 of 6,112
Quote:
YKYAA when your ears start pouring out wine after an extended session of listening. Or is it blood. Well it tastes like wine. Too many alcohol wipes for the tips? 

Also, YKYAAW your Q701's bumps on the headbands suddenly rub off one day. Only then will they be properly burned it. And malfunctioning.

Ooooh. Sounds like you need a audiologist visit...

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #621 of 6,112
Quote:
BTW, my ear bleeds to. It's just the outer rim, not the canal though. I'm guessing it's due to wearing ciems for extended time. But this only happens if I put my iems on and off constantly.

Same, especially when I try a new IEM and keep on adjusting it to see where the best position is. 

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #622 of 6,112
You have to realize that I'm being exceedingly sarcastic as per usual and if even the most miniscule amount of blood should appear after an IEM session something is being seriously done wrong. Regardless of whether or not if it's only on the outside. These aren't exactly butterfly knives that we're working with here. 

Again, exceedingly sarcastic.

Please for the love of all that is good, be careful, and if this persists see a doctor.
Now if you'll excuse me I have to empty out this bucket of wine right next to me.

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #624 of 6,112
Quote:
I think you and I have to visit an audiologist soon... or we should get an head-fi audiologist that can answer questions from us!

It's only happened like twice when I kept on pressing really hard and switching IEMs so I think that I'll be fine. 

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #625 of 6,112
This is no good...you guys should be careful...might want to schedule an audiologist visit to make sure you're not doing any damage. Odds are it's nothing serious, but if you have any reason to be concerned...ears are fragile things.
Quote:
BTW, my ear bleeds to. It's just the outer rim, not the canal though. I'm guessing it's due to wearing ciems for extended time. But this only happens if I put my iems on and off constantly.

Quote:
Same, especially when I try a new IEM and keep on adjusting it to see where the best position is. 

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #626 of 6,112
Quote:
This is no good...you guys should be careful...might want to schedule an audiologist visit to make sure you're not doing any damage. Odds are it's nothing serious, but if you have any reason to be concerned...ears are fragile things.

I know. I always try to be careful. The bleeding is usually caused when I clean my ears excessively. Audiologist told me not to clean my ears too often, but I just ignored him. I guess this is what I get for ignoring him.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #627 of 6,112
YKYAA when music is playing in your head all day, even without headphones. 
biggrin.gif

Nah, most musicians are like that, and many musicians are not audiophiles.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #629 of 6,112
Quote:

What if they turn their head during the concert? Wouldn't that screw up the recording? lol

Not really, you only need to wear them when you are trying to get pass security.  But once you are in, who cares where are you going to place your mics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back