Xonar Essence ST Sneak Peek
Jun 30, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #226 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by fine art acoustic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today i rexieved the new ST good situation to change Chip OP 2 x LME49720NA=i/v, 1 x LT1364=Buffer (befor LM4562) the LT has for me the beneficial that voices have a bit more body and not as clinically as the LM4562. Still waiting for my diskrete OP's.
About the plugin in Foobar where you can deside the upsamplingrate from 44100 to 96000. The 44100 deforms the Musik it's not worth to test it (but stil interesting to gamble with if sombody like to gamble).

Your gear also matter, amp,speaker, cans...etc

The LM/LME's are very clear but they can be too "clinical" as you said to some, depending on your gear.

To note, the LM4562NA and the LME49720NA are the exact same chip. According to National Semi, the only difference is the paint for the label.

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #227 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the LM4562NA sound clinical, it just sounds very thin and bright IMO.

Sorry i dont ment realy clinical i didn't find the right word i still like the performens from LM4562/LME49720NA lets say the LT1364 is a bit smoother.

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #228 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your gear also matter, amp,speaker, cans...etc

The LM/LME's are very clear but they can be too "clinical" as you said to some, depending on your gear.

To note, the LM4562NA and the LME49720NA are the exact same chip. According to National Semi, the only difference is the paint for the label.

And you are aswell right. In the past i had a Mundorf Supreme Cap in my crossover Network for the tweeter i changed it becouse it was to much (clinical/Clear /strong high's) so i change the cap in a Mundorf Supreme Silver Oil Cap and the tweeter becomes quit perfect and smoother.

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #229 of 1,781
Quote:

Today i rexieved the new ST good situation to change Chip OP 2 x LME49720NA=i/v, 1 x LT1364=Buffer (befor LM4562) the LT has for me the beneficial that voices have a bit more body and not as clinically as the LM4562. Still waiting for my diskrete OP's.
About the plugin in Foobar where you can deside the upsamplingrate from 44100 to 96000. The 44100 deforms the Musik it's not worth to test it (but stil interesting to gamble with if sombody like to gamble).

Opamp swpping is great as this allows people to not only improve the sound quality in many cases but "tune" it more to their liking.
For instance the stock opamps provide excellent measurments but many prefer to change them for opamps that offer a different sonic signature.

You would probably find your existing combination a bit too harsh, sterile or cold in the top end. As your basically using LM4562NA (LME49720) in all positions. As you said a opamp that is a bit smoother as your LT1364 would probably be the better choice for the buffer.
Which would help smooth out and warm up the sound more in compison to the LM/LME in the buffer. Most of the opamps choices will be very personal as your gear and ears are different then others. This is why personal testing is great to find out which work the best for you and your system.

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #230 of 1,781
That's the reason why i'am so hot and curious cant wait until my diskrete arrive

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #231 of 1,781
Quote:

That's the reason why i'am so hot and curious cant wait until my diskrete arrive

I really don't see how they can increase the details level, and also increase distortion
confused.gif

anyway, my quest is to get the most "clinical" undistorted balanced sound, so I prolly wouldn't fancy them
redface.gif

too bad you didn't try the 49720HA..

Jun 30, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #232 of 1,781
Quote:

Sure. They do require a good deal of burn in though. You can also mix and match, use the discretes for I/V and chip amps for buffer or Discrete for buffer and chip opamps for I/V. If you have any questions I can answer, drop me a PM.

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #233 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, which ones then? each time I've found "NOS" DAC's being advertized, I checked the datasheet of the DAC IC and it was using mandatory 32 or 64X OS
redface.gif

Besides the old tda1543 (most chinese ones) and 1541 (zanden and others), there is also AD1865 (audio note), pcm1704 (almost nobody use it nos, a pity).

The oversampling is not mandatory in these chips. If they advertise as NOS and it's not, thats just bogus advertising.

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #234 of 1,781
I meant "DAC" as a device, not as an IC...you can see many external DAC's advertized as "NOS" but if you read the IC datasheet, OS is mandatory
redface.gif

and anyway, OS improves the post-filtering and decreases aliasing....what could possibly be wrong w/ that.

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #235 of 1,781
The diskrete arrived. Just testing Earth in i/v and Sun2 in the Buffer. Even not burn in yet sound improofment all around against Chip OP's. Sounstage seems to be a bit more flat (in the moment) than with chip's. But thats only a fast shoot they have to burn still in.

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #236 of 1,781
Sorry misted to tell about sound stage is further than with chip's but missed a little deep

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #238 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That seems like a good combo
wink.gif
-Enjoy.

And it's not true that the Sun2 is to bright like some other's mean, at least not at my equipment.
atsmile.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #240 of 1,781
All me listening test are on Speakers:
First impression i like voices with the Moon in the Buffer aswell piano is more realistic espally in the under octaves Gitarres aswell improof. Soundstage not as far as the Sun but the same deep (i hope deep will improof of both). This is a good OP for bright and week inventory. Week thing against the Sun2 is, if you had heard the Sun2 you will not miss the famous outworking of every Microdetail that is still a missing in the Moon (that means not that the Moon did not work out the deatils but the Sun does it incomparably better)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back