Xonar Essence ST Sneak Peek
Jun 26, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #196 of 1,781
oh ok, well it's at the back of the system and I don't play around w/ it whatsoever once it's plugged in(I only have my DT770)...if I have to use duct tape, I'll do it
biggrin.gif

ok, sounds good to me!
smily_headphones1.gif

let us know what the shop says please.

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #198 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by fine art acoustic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have i little problem with the Headphone/Microphone Jack in both spots the springs are not strong anough to hold the plug strong enough. Can you check it please on your unit in the time you recieved it

Mine are both tight.

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #199 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine are both tight.

You are lucky
tongue.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #200 of 1,781
Quote:

You are lucky
tongue.gif

You mean they are loose? -still tight enought to hold the phone jacks in though right?
Mine aren't overly tight like I don't have to force them in or out but there is never any issue with them not holding or loosing the signal.
To note, I only use the phone jacks once in awhile, I usually use the line outs...

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #201 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean they are loose? -still tight enought to hold the phone jacks in though right?
Mine aren't overly tight like I don't have to force them in or out but there is never any issue with them not holding or loosing the signal.
To note, I only use the phone jacks once in awhile, I usually use the line outs...

No not loose they snap not strong anough in. The Signal is stil there without loosing the Signal. But if you draw a litle bit on the cable for example they went out.
My distributor called Asus they testid it on 2 other ST'S there is no probleme. My Distributor will send me a new one after this i can send the old back. That's a realy good service and untypical for Germany.
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #202 of 1,781
Quote:

My distributor called Asus they testid it on 2 other ST'S there is no probleme. My Distributor will send me a new one after this i can send the old back. That's a realy good service and untypical for Germany.
ksc75smile.gif

did you talk to Thomas? he's indeed very friendly!

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #203 of 1,781
Quote:

No not loose they snap not strong anough in. The Signal is stil there without loosing the Signal. But if you draw a litle bit on the cable for example they went out.
ksc75smile.gif

Just get a new card and your good to go. Mine are as tight as they should be.

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #204 of 1,781
I have the same problem with my STX. The provided 1/4" adapter will snap in but if it gets pulled a little it will get pushed out as if the phone jack is spring loaded. That said, the plug on my 595s don't do this so it might be worth checking other plugs to see if it still happens.

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #205 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by Famous627 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the same problem with my STX. The provided 1/4" adapter will snap in but if it gets pulled a little it will get pushed out as if the phone jack is spring loaded. That said, the plug on my 595s don't do this so it might be worth checking other plugs to see if it still happens.

I have a pile of 3.5 to phone adapters and many others for the Phone jack and I find some don't fit as good as others seem to.

Jun 26, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #206 of 1,781
Yes there are stil differences but my Jack from the Headphone snaped in, in my STX as it shoot be. So the plug of my headphone is still okay.
But anyway i will get a new one and that is fine.

Jun 26, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #207 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you talk to Thomas? he's indeed very friendly!

Yes you are right. But not only friendly i did call him in the morning and he said he will call me back on the afternoon with respone and he still did it.
That 's double plus and a realy good service

Jun 26, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #208 of 1,781
Quote:

Yes there are stil differences but my Jack from the Headphone snaped in, in my STX as it shoot be. So the plug of my headphone is still okay.

I got a bunch of Neutrik/Furutech 1/4" plugs around, I'll report on how it goes.

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #209 of 1,781
Quote:

ok I've just ordered it, now the shipping wait starts
beerchug.gif

Asus talk about 1ppm, but this datasheet talks about 0.5ppm....but there's many different modes apparently.

The ppm doesnt mean ****.
I'm checking the datasheet trying to find a real jitter measure (that u can get from the phase noise profile). And then, also the QUALITY of such noise matters.

Jun 26, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #210 of 1,781
Quote:

BTW, I've been confirmed that bit-perfect "automatic samplerate" drivers are still on track

Good!

Quote:

and I'm trying to push for 128X oversampling(the DAC supports it for <192KHz audio, and default is 64X)

Not so good...
The less sigma-delta oversampling the better.
Try to do A/B comparisons.

BTW, it seems that 3-4 people here got the card already. Any comparison with other models (esp from asus such as the D2 or the STX).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back