XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jul 9, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #3,603 of 5,194
  Most likely

quite hyped for it
beerchug.gif

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #3,604 of 5,194
Jul 9, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #3,605 of 5,194
Jul 9, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #3,606 of 5,194
Yes, if you are willing to spend twice as much (just a guess).

Question is will they discontinue x3 in favor of the new one?
Is that the usual pattern?

Jul 9, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #3,607 of 5,194
I posted this in the Rockbox thread:
  Awesome! Thanks @XVortex! The installation was a breeze. And now my new X3 has gone from "great" to "friggin' awesome"! I already donated to you for the 770 rockbox, but sadly lost my 770 before I could get it installed. Which prompted me to get the X3 (knowing that you had done rockbox for it as well). It turnes out that I like the X3 much more due to it's smaller form factor and BUTTONS and dual slots etc, so I'm a pretty happy camper. And the sound quality is very comparable between the two (I might even like the X3's SQ more).

The X3 without rockbox: 15 seconds before ready for playback, and auto-resume start at the beginning of the track (a bit of a drag if you had been in the middle of an hour long trance track or single flac file).

The X3 with rockbox: 4 seconds before ready for playback! And auto-resume starts at the proper spot in the track.

Not to mention all of the other rockbox benefits, including gapless playback, playlist support, EQ, fixing the pitch problem, etc etc

Awesome!

I don't have golden ears, but as far as I can tell, the rockbox'd X3 sounds as good as stock. 

Anyway, I'm loving this rockboxed X3 - awesome player!

Jul 11, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #3,613 of 5,194
I'm looking for a full-size to pair with my xd x3 and i'm considering between sony 100aap and momentum overear...which is better? (I'm listening to EDM, acoustic, piano, and classical music,too)

I have the Momentum 2.0 and a Beoplay H6. Out of the 2, Momentum is not as detailed, not as fast, not good with imaging, coloured, and not comfortable in comparison. Its done almost 150 hours, and I noticed only a change after the first 10 hours, and then its stayed the same. I am packing the Momentum right now,(while writing this post) and it will be on the way back to Amazon tomorrow. If you are in Europe, you can look into the the Beoplay H6, which currently retails in Amazon for 159€. (My second pair for my wife is on the way right now, we both found H6 superior in every ways on to the Momentum. And momentum is more expensive. I tried my level best to convince myself, about it. But its too much coloured for my(our) likings. I don't about the Sony though!

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #3,614 of 5,194
I'm looking for a full-size to pair with my xd x3 and i'm considering between sony 100aap and momentum overear...which is better? (I'm listening to EDM, acoustic, piano, and classical music,too)

momentum imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back