XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jul 7, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #3,589 of 5,194

Fwiw, a while back there was a $20 coupon at TOMTOP, and I got my X3 shipped for $89US. Well, I'm still waiting to get it, but that's another story (some other folks who took advantage of the deal did manage to get theirs). My point is that you can get it for considerably less than $180.

The good news: I saved a few bucks by getting the X3 for $89US! (shipped (to Canada).

The bad news: as of yesterday, I still hadn't received it (after 2 months).

The good news: TOMTOP told me they would provide me with a refund. It seemed they wanted to hold out until 2 months had passed. But no way, it's gone. Lost. Kaput.

The bad news: I was sad. I wanted that X3 and I didn't know what I'd get instead.

The good news: I got delivery notification for it today and it's at the post office!

Unreal.

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #3,590 of 5,194
Good job that it showed up for delivery. I ordered from TomTop and it only took about a month...

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #3,591 of 5,194

The good news: I saved a few bucks by getting the X3 for $89US! (shipped (to Canada).

The good news: TOMTOP told me they would provide me with a refund. It seemed they wanted to hold out until 2 months had passed. But no way, it's gone. Lost. Kaput.

The bad news: I was sad. I wanted that X3 and I didn't know what I'd get instead.

The good news: I got delivery notification for it today and it's at the post office!

Unreal.

Nice!

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #3,592 of 5,194

Unreal.

Yes the joys of buying imported products in Canada.  Main reason I try to avoid buying imported products, that and no warranty.   I have had products show up completely busted and getting any kind of resolution is usually a nightmare.

Jul 7, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #3,594 of 5,194
  Okay now I'm really confused.  A 4 pole TRRS male plug works in a 3 pole female TRS jack?

ADDENDUM:

Did some quick research as my assumption has just died :)

Okay, it appears the ground contact on a female jack is at the top of the sleeve (second ring area) rather than the base where the mic contact is for a TRRS plug.  That allows a TRRS plug to work in a TRS jack.

Damn!  Learned something new!  LOL

I don't know much about plugs trs trrs balanced etc, but I know I just plug my puro into x3 without adapter

I was a bit concerned, because I tried plugging some headphones with trrs plug into the X3 and I wasn't able to get it going. Found the above posts. Tried a different headphone with ttrs plug and the plug went in fine and music resulted. Tried the first one again, and it's more of a challenge to get it in, but I did and music is resulting. Whew! I didn't want to have to deal with adapters (I had to do that with my 770 and it was a drag).

Now I just have to figure out when that pitch issue is supposed to occur and see if I can notice it (and if so, then rockbox).

I will say right off that I really like this about the X3:
- size (smaller than expected)
- feel (feels solid yet light)
- buttons buttons buttons (love all of those external controls)

And listening to some 24/96 Dire Staits with the Nighthawks off of the X3 is sounding quite nice and I think I'm going to be quite happy with the SQ.

So far so good!

Edit: oh yeah, I have to find a case for it. I like holsters with belt clips, so hopefully I can find something for it.

Edit2: huh, auto resume isn't continuing play from the same spot in the song but instead starts from the beginning of the track. That's a problem for me because I'm often listening to hour or two hour long tracks, and I want to resume at the proper spot. Rockbox, here I come!

Edit3: Wow - sounds really good!

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #3,595 of 5,194

I was a bit concerned, because I tried plugging some headphones with trrs plug into the X3 and I wasn't able to get it going. Found the above posts. Tried a different headphone with ttrs plug and the plug went in fine and music resulted. Tried the first one again, and it's more of a challenge to get it in, but I did and music is resulting. Whew! I didn't want to have to deal with adapters (I had to do that with my 770 and it was a drag).

Now I just have to figure out when that pitch issue is supposed to occur and see if I can notice it (and if so, then rockbox).

I will say right off that I really like this about the X3:
- size (smaller than expected)
- feel (feels solid yet light)
- buttons buttons buttons (love all of those external controls)

And listening to some 24/96 Dire Staits with the Nighthawks off of the X3 is sounding quite nice and I think I'm going to be quite happy with the SQ.

So far so good!

Edit: oh yeah, I have to find a case for it. I like holsters with belt clips, so hopefully I can find something for it.

Edit2: huh, auto resume isn't continuing play from the same spot in the song but instead starts from the beginning of the track. That's a problem for me because I'm often listening to hour or two hour long tracks, and I want to resume at the proper spot. Rockbox, here I come!

Edit3: Wow - sounds really good!

Nice, hope you enjoy them!

To solve my issues with the pitch bug with the original firmware i just configured my JRiver Media Player to transcode anything 44.1/88.2 to 48/96 and it's good to go :)
I don't know if it's only me but SQ of the original firmware seemed better... But that may be just me :)

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #3,596 of 5,194

Nice, hope you enjoy them!

To solve my issues with the pitch bug with the original firmware i just configured my JRiver Media Player to transcode anything 44.1/88.2 to 48/96 and it's good to go :)
I don't know if it's only me but SQ of the original firmware seemed better... But that may be just me :)

So is this an option with the X3? and if so how?
the other issue that is really annoying is the clipping a few seconds off the beginning and end of songs and no gapless play.

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #3,597 of 5,194
  So is this an option with the X3? and if so how?
the other issue that is really annoying is the clipping a few seconds off the beginning and end of songs and no gapless play.

The pitch issue is only present at sample rates that are derived from the 44.1Khz sample rate so 44.1 / 88.2 / 176.4  and on, but X3 is ok with 48 / 96 / 192. There is an option on JRiver that you can create a rule of DSP's to apply during the conversion of a file and another option to always convert when syncing a device. So always that i put a file through JRiver in my X3 it automatically upsample it and convert before copying to X3. Really handy!

To me, the gapless issue is negligible because i mostly use the X3 with "all music" and shuffle.  The lack of prefetch is annoying though since some of my songs really begins at the first second!

Jul 9, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #3,600 of 5,194
Very tempted to get one on recent massdrop not so good deal. 

Hey Ds! Yeah, not much of a deal considering it's the same price elsewhere. Maybe tomtop will have the $20 off coupon deal again someday, bringing it down to $89. I'm really happy with mine, but I haven't heard any high end daps to compare it too (lucky me lol!). I will be rockboxing it to resolve a few issues, but still, I've been enjoying it in stock mode very much. Nothing wrong with this SQ :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back