xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Oct 1, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #1,171 of 2,087
It's a great little device. Just by another! :wink:

Yes, it is.

For a $50 player to leave embedded memoires of its sound with certain IEM that's what's it's about. I remember using XDuoo X2 with my Rhapsodio RDB Mini laying down at night on a few occasions, I'll be damned if it wasn't nearly the best I'd ever heard them.

That's value for money.

Oct 2, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #1,172 of 2,087
  I have an X2, but could never warm up to it due to it's clunky GUI (sorry Rockboxed Clip+ has spoiled me) It sounds good, just cannot get past the control of it.(or lack thereof)
X3 looks impressive but @ 2x the cost, and apparently the same GUI, will most likely pass. Too bad they couldn't maybe work w/ RB devs to cook up something impressive.
If they would have at least gotten full shuffle across folders ability working, I could live with it.

+1. Waiting for Fiio M3.

Oct 2, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #1,173 of 2,087

+1. Waiting for Fiio M3.

The M3 won't have as much power as the FiiO X1 let alone the xDuoo X2. Theres no contest. But if you want a good UI why not just invest into a good phone?

Oct 2, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #1,174 of 2,087
just my tuppence worth but I very quickly got used to the UI.

3 days ago I received my havi b3 pro1's . so I now have my xduoo x2 paired to a topping nx 1 with the havis with spiral dot tips all for under £100 and I am in some sort of musical heaven . I think you guys call it *synergy*.

bye bye rockboxed clips ... for a while at least!

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #1,177 of 2,087
  anyone using x2 with takstar pro 80 (gemini hsr 1000) 
they fit perfect together

I have numerous times, and they do pair very nicely. But I only use my Pro 80s at home so they're mostly driven from my Audio-gd NFB-15.32. I'm still to find a headphone/IEM that doesn't sound good with the X2.

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #1,178 of 2,087
Hey guys, I am new here and I would like to share my experience of pairing my Etymotic ER4p/s to the xDuoo X2 (v6.0).

Firstly, this combination is another "match made in heaven". The warmish-sounding xDuoo complements very well with the analytical ER4's sound signature. The xDuoo is very capable of driving my cold ER4 to sound much fuller with more bass and lower mids, without sounding muddy or decreasing the level of detail. Overall, the listening experience has become more "fun" and musical without destroying Etymotic's signature sound (i.e. detail and crystal-clear sparkly highs).

After playing around with the xDuoo's EQ presets and A-B'ing my Sansa Clip Zip, the xDuoo is a much better sounding player in terms of soundstage and 3d imaging. The Clip Zip sounds very sterile and has a narrower soundstage in comparison.

But just like others here, I also find that the user interface is poor and the folder limitation irritates me as my music management had to be re-organised. Also, the hard and clicky buttons, combined with the lack of fast-scrolling and shiny reflective screen hinders me when I try to find a song. 

But then again... I only paid £32 (roughly $49USD) to have ear-orgasms and therefore I have no regrets. I just hope that the next firmware release (v8.0) eliminates that folder limitation and revert to v6.0's sound signature. v7.0 has highs that sounded too "metallic" and generally with less bass.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #1,179 of 2,087
I'm new here.  I have some questions about this player, if somebody would be so kind as to give the comparisons with my current Philips GoGear Mix (which I hate).

Background : I listen only to podcasts - never to music.  I don't need fantastic sound quality, but the stated power output of the X2 is very attractive to me, as I am a bit hard of hearing.

Problem 1 : When I switch on the Philips, it takes up to 17 seconds to boot.  A couple of clicks starts it playing, but the sound is way too soft, and if there is any noise (microwave oven running, driving my car, etc), I can't tell whether it is playing or not.  The makers say this is the maximum output allowed by the EU legislation, so I then need to override that, which involves a 12-keypress sequence, so from turn-on time, it is frequently more than 30 seconds before I can enjoy it.  How long does the X2 take to boot and be ready to play at volume?

Problem 2 : The Philips times out in about 3 minutes, so if I switch it off to talk to a supermarket checkout clerk or for any other short pause, it switches itself off, and problem 1 manifests itself all over again.  If it is paused, how long does the X2 take to time out?

Problem 3 : The Philips FastForward runs at about 10 x playback speed, and does not accelerate if the FF button is held, so if I listen to 55 minutes of a podcast and for some reason, I lose my place and need to get back to hear the last 5 minutes, I have to hold the Fast Forward button for several minutes which is unacceptable.  How does the X2 compare with this?  I once had a player that would rewind from the beginning of a podcast, into the end of the previous one - which was nice - but it died.  I don't suppose the X2 will do that?

Other questions : 
4 : If the Pause button is pressed, does it pause immediately?  When it is un-paused, does it start playing immediately?
5 : The Sansa Clip will play one tune after another, but it knows the difference between music tracks and podcasts, and it won't play one podcast after another without manual intervention.  It plays one, then when it ends, the next one has to be selected manually, which is such a pain that I returned it for a refund!  How about the X2?

By the way, if this player has been made to compete with the Sansa Clip, it's a great shame that they forgot to incorporate the clip!

Thanks a lot, Folks,
Phlibit

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #1,180 of 2,087
1) takes about 3-5 seconds.

2) you can set it to different intervals up to 15 mins I think.

3) I dont think it has FF has both FF and RW at about 2-4x speed with no further acceleration.

4) yes

5) i think it plays through when you chose the option to

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #1,181 of 2,087
I'm not calling it a Phillips.  I call it an X2.  I simply mentioned that I currently have a Phillips, and asked for comparisons, as I am thinking of buying an X2.
Please re-read the first sentence of my post.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #1,182 of 2,087
  I'm not calling it a Phillips.  I call it an X2.  I simply mentioned that I currently have a Phillips, and asked for comparisons, as I am thinking of buying an X2.

Yeah, sorry. I skimmed through you post and went back up and read it again properly this time.

My answers to your question is in the above post.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #1,183 of 2,087
Hi i am new here and sorry if this has been covered already but the topic is 80 pages

I'm interested in this player and just have a few questions.

Right now i have a gen7 ipod classic and a 2gb sansa clip+. The clip's battery is dying on me and doesnt hold a very long charge and i the classic is good but rather large.

For my clip i use a 64gig sd card and i use Winamp to manage the files and playlists. It works great on the clip+. I do not have my music broken out in folders. so the questions i have are: Can you pair this with Winamp ? Can you play by artist/genre/album/playlists is there an easy way to make playlists ?

I have 8000ish songs so being able to easily play and find music is important. If Winamp doesnt work has anyone used any different media players to manage their music ?

This looks like a really nice little player, but i would be okay with just getting another clip+ if this doesnt match up

Thanks in advance

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #1,184 of 2,087
  1) takes about 3-5 seconds.

2) you can set it to different intervals up to 15 mins I think.

3) I dont think it has FF

4) yes

5) i think it plays through when you chose the option to

Thanks very much for 1, 2 and 4  - and for your super-speedy response.

Your answer to 3 means that if I mess up and want to hear the last of a podcast, I have to listen to the entire thing again?  I guess, in that case, I don't want an X2.  A real shame, as it seemed such a good machine....... but no FF?  Is that possible?  I must have had about 20 MP3 players so far - all cheap ones - but I have never had one without FFwd.  On the better ones, FFwd starts at about 6 x playing speed, then after a few seconds, it accelerates to much faster, so that covering an hour only takes, perhaps, 10 secs.  It doesn't accelerate on my Phillips, though!

For your answer to 5, "I think" isn't really good enough for me to splurge the cash.  I'll wait to see if somebody else can answer it.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #1,185 of 2,087
OK you have an Ipod all neat and a clip and you are interested in the X2. User interface is not as good as a Pod but i packs out a punch that can power the most demanding of headphones. It may be a little clunky in places but once you are listening to the song or album you want it produces a powerful clear stage for you to swap headphones. you notice your headphones decide to show you something extra as the X2 demands more from your headphones and gives it back. I am not saying its the best player out there but compared to phones and some weak mp3 players to kicks it out. This device is cheap as chips and the interface may put people off but just let it play something to you first :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back