xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Sep 19, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #1,142 of 2,087
Hey guys,

I got my X2 4 months ago and it worked great the whole time. I'm new to the whole hi-fi concept so my judgment might not be the best, but i've been enjoying a lot the player. But here's the deal:

Last wednesday a little girl bumped the player that was in my pocket with her head(she was runing, I was distracted). It stopped working immediately, but started playing again after a quick reboot. In the impact, something went a little out of place inside of the player and everytime i'm using it, it may or may not stop working and reboot, deppending on the position that the player is. I tried opening the player to take a look and try to fix it, but the 2 of the screws are striped.

Any tips? Advices?

Sep 19, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #1,143 of 2,087
  Hey guys,

I got my X2 4 months ago and it worked great the whole time. I'm new to the whole hi-fi concept so my judgment might not be the best, but i've been enjoying a lot the player. But here's the deal:

Last wednesday a little girl bumped the player that was in my pocket with her head(she was runing, I was distracted). It stopped working immediately, but started playing again after a quick reboot. In the impact, something went a little out of place inside of the player and everytime i'm using it, it may or may not stop working and reboot, deppending on the position that the player is. I tried opening the player to take a look and try to fix it, but the 2 of the screws are striped.

Any tips? Advices?

The obvious would be to remove the 2 defective screws ( with an anti clockwise Drill / Screw Extractor) and see what is wrong inside the Case...

Sep 19, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #1,144 of 2,087
  The obvious would be to remove the 2 defective screws ( with an anti clockwise Drill / Screw Extractor) and see what is wrong inside the Case...

I got the it open and couldn't see anything wrong(comparing to the other pics of the player opened that i have found here). I just used some eletrical tape to hold the battery in place and closed it. Working fine so far.

Sep 19, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #1,145 of 2,087
  Hey guys,

Any tips? Advices?

What you can hear "rattling" around is actually the buttons. 

Sep 19, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #1,146 of 2,087
Had my Sansa Clip + for 5 1/2 years now and never an issue, knock wood.  It plays my Pink Floyd flacs totally gaplessly and sounds awesome now driving my Senn Momentum OE to any level I desire. I love products that have proven their grit by surviving on the market for long periods.
 When it does go down think I'd just have to replace it with the same.

Sep 20, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #1,148 of 2,087
Don´t think so, if  the Player is only 4 months old it should be the new fixed Serial Nr. Version.

I doesn't mean that the buttons are broken, mine makes the same rattling noise when I shake it. It's because the actual button is a little loose/floating. It's nothing to worry about.

Sep 21, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #1,149 of 2,087
I doesn't mean that the buttons are broken, mine makes the same rattling noise when I shake it. It's because the actual button is a little loose/floating. It's nothing to worry about.

agreed, a simple test you can do is try to hold the mid button while shaking the player. See if you still hear the rattling sound

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #1,150 of 2,087
All I see here is comparison between v5 and v7. What about v6? 
I prefer some of the features that v5 misses but v6 has. Any comment about SQ comparison between v6 and v5?

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #1,151 of 2,087
agreed, a simple test you can do is try to hold the mid button while shaking the player. See if you still hear the rattling sound
Be sure to hold your head still too, just in case. :)

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #1,152 of 2,087
  All I see here is comparison between v5 and v7. What about v6? 
I prefer some of the features that v5 misses but v6 has. Any comment about SQ comparison between v6 and v5?

I didn't hear any difference between V5 & V6. I think why we always compare V5 is because it doesn't have the auto lock feature which is really annoying. The buttons are so tough that I don't feel that a lock feature is even necessary; I've never accidentally press a button whilst the X2 was in my pocket. 

Sep 21, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,155 of 2,087
How many of you guys are upgrading to x3 when it realeases. Im pretty sure i am.

my aim was to get a small cheap DAP that was doing a few stuff better than a sansa clip(and a few stuff worse in the end), that I could carry anywhere and never care if I lose or break it.  the X2 got me there so I can't say I'm looking for more, and certainly not in a bigger format.
if the aim was only to "upgrade" sound(size and price not withstanding), the X2 wasn't the best choice available. same for the UI.
don't get me wrong, I'm not judging the X3 at all(not like I know much about it anyway), but the reasons to be attracted by the X2 are pretty specific IMO and I'm not sure they really translate into the X3.

ps: be it for FIIO's X3s or Xduoo X3s we have a bunch of those now.
tongue.gif
they're not trying to make things easy for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back