xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 20, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #166 of 2,087
  Nah,not the er4s - the altec lansing im716 is the true test. There isn't a single iem in existence that is harder to drive even though there are many iems with higher impedance. 

X2 will give it a go! 

Anyway, my x2 ahas rrived at the post office yesterday afternoon but I didn't have time after work to pick it up and hopefully I'll be able to leave the office a bit earlier today, so I can get it and share my impressions.

Great news! 

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #168 of 2,087
Hopefully these will still be in stock at the end of the month, I'm going to order! I'm very excited about this, I'm going to pair them with Havi B3P1's that I'm ordering today. Based on what I've read about the B3P1's and this DAP, they should be a pretty solid match.

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #169 of 2,087
Just got mine, still haven't tested it. My first impressions on the build quality - it feels nice and solid in the hand although the premium feel is kinda diminished by the rattling buttons. The buttons have a nice click but are pretty loud, especially the play button. Also is the mirror cover of the screen supposed to be all in micro scratches, kinda looks like my old zippo lighter that has seen its fair share of wear and tear

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #170 of 2,087
Been walking to work using both the X1 and the X2 for the past 2 days, the X1 I feel has the slight edge on SQ and also feel but you are limited to a play list or (my limit) 3 albums but fits perfect under a sleeve when walking. This allows you instant volume control with your index finger and a thumb to track jump. 

The X2 is lovely and tiny but packs a punch, the advantage is the screen and a 32 gig plus of tracks in your hand because of the SD card slot. I dont know about you but I found myself halfway to work before I had picked my music I wanted to listen to! Also I found it lost in my pocket and pressed up against my wallet and paused it so now I have an empty pocket for it. It does not take long before you know the navigation for track skipping by touch though and although the volume is not as responsive as rolling the volume knob on the X1 it good.  Because of its size I fumble a little but no big deal but I prefer to sit back in a chair after work with the X2 so the X1 is my walk to work device. 

Ok that is enough from me I will finish posting pictures of these devices and wait for some other members to have input :)

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #171 of 2,087
  Just got mine, still haven't tested it. My first impressions on the build quality - it feels nice and solid in the hand although the premium feel is kinda diminished by the rattling buttons. The buttons have a nice click but are pretty loud, especially the play button. Also is the mirror cover of the screen supposed to be all in micro scratches, kinda looks like my old zippo lighter that has seen its fair share of wear and tear

Not sure about scratches, but fingerprint magnet for sure; smudges all over the place

Oh, and for size comparison next to Clip Sport

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #173 of 2,087
That's what I'm talking about and yeah apparently it's also a dust magnet

There doesn't seem to be a screen gusrd unless it's put on so well that it can't be removed

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #174 of 2,087
Ok, so I gave it a quick listen and played around with its controls and UI. The interface seems decent - will need some time getting used to as the transition from the playback screen is not the most intuitive but might be just me coz I also have issues with rockbox. It's folder-based and coming from colorfly c3 I know exactly where my stuff is. The UI though is a but sluggish and doesn't speed up when a button is held down, so unless the firmware is updated there will be a lot of CLICK-CLICK during the navigation through the menus or folders, which might get a bit annoying - both physically and audibly. There doesn't seem to be a lock function but the buttons actually require a decent amount of pressure, so accidental presses in the pocket shouldn't occur much.
The sound is warmish and quite smooth and a bit on the soft side, which makes it sweet and musical. Not too bad for a $50 small DAP. It's definitely not as powerful as it's nowhere near fiio x3's power [size=12.8000001907349px]as the specs suggest.[/size]
[size=12.8000001907349px]Oh, and there seems to be a protection relay inside as there is an audible click noise when turning the player on and also going going to the main options screen and about 5 seconds after turning it off. On a positive note - that click noise is actually quieter than the click of the power button itself. [/size]

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #175 of 2,087
  I thought that but on careful inspection i pealed off the screen guard that was on it, polishes up lovely now.

Oh, screen guard was off right away!  It does clears things up quickly... for a second and than back to a smudged screen.  But who cares?!?  This little matchbox sounds pretty good!  Did a quick test with DuoZA - very impressive performance without loss of the details or soundstage width.  It is on a warmer/smoother and less aggressive side, that's for sure.  But it's done in a very tasteful sweet way, as Kova pointed out.

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #176 of 2,087
Yeah, definitely better sounding than a clip but of course comes with a lot of the usual drawbacks. For one, I'll actually have to buy a separate microsd card for it as I have a lot of hi-rez stuff and while the clip handles everything you throw at it and just downsamples it and so it has no issues with the 24-bit files I use on my c3, the x2 doesn't, which means a lot of format error messages. Also, I might be extremely accustomed to the c3 to a point it's become a second nature to use it but the c3 is a lot snappier and the x2 definitely needs a speeding up function when a button is held pressed coz while pressing the buttons really fast
biggrin.gif
 helps, it's definitely not the best solution. Otherwise, it's a cute little player that definitely sounds good for the price, definitely not c3 good but still good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back