worst date stories
Sep 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #601 of 1,450
Okay... So if any of you are ever thinking about it, don't cut yourself, ever! I tried it the other day and yes it felt good, but strongly addicting, so I'm making sure I don't do it anymore... Also, proof:

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #604 of 1,450
  Not sure whether this is off-topic or not...but sometimes, this Wongfu sketch is really how I feel sometimes. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1L9-YALU6s

Learn to be content on your own, and therefore stop believing that you 'need' a partner, and, 'magically', much of that anguish will dissipate, when you meet a girl you fancy who turns out not to be single.

It's still a bitch, but it doesn't hurt anymore.

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #605 of 1,450
Also guys, I've completely decided to quit any of the dating things completely until I get my life in any sort of order. I also realized a main reason all of my relationships turned so ****ty... I've been completely obsessed and thinking I need one and jealous of all of my friends relationships, and trying to be with the chick I liked constantly and trying to do anything to be what she wants me to be, and boom. I realized that one of the chicks that I don't like is almost the same as me in that regard, so I thought all What have I been doing, blah blah blah. And now here I am, single and content in relationship wise, but, I'm going to go to the counselor eventually and try to get recommended to a psychologist because I'm pretty sure I'm bipolar or I might be insanely depressed for some reason, but I think mainly the former. Wish me luck! (It shouldn't be too hard to get recommended to one due to having random freezing in the middle of class and start sputtering philosophical Schiit or self-harming or whatever, today in class I stopped half way through a problem and froze for 15 seconds or so, then instantly finished the problem, legit instantly, and said something about how all I was writing was just some abstract shapes on a canvas that we've been manipulated into thinking has some unknown, awesome power, and then I immediately ran to the restroom, threw up, and got my mom to pick me up...)

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #606 of 1,450
Also guys, I've completely decided to quit any of the dating things completely until I get my life in any sort of order. I also realized a main reason all of my relationships turned so ****ty... I've been completely obsessed and thinking I need one and jealous of all of my friends relationships, and trying to be with the chick I liked constantly and trying to do anything to be what she wants me to be, and boom. I realized that one of the chicks that I don't like is almost the same as me in that regard, so I thought all What have I been doing, blah blah blah. And now here I am, single and content in relationship wise, but, I'm going to go to the counselor eventually and try to get recommended to a psychologist because I'm pretty sure I'm bipolar or I might be insanely depressed for some reason, but I think mainly the former. Wish me luck! (It shouldn't be too hard to get recommended to one due to having random freezing in the middle of class and start sputtering philosophical Schiit or self-harming or whatever, today in class I stopped half way through a problem and froze for 15 seconds or so, then instantly finished the problem, legit instantly, and said something about how all I was writing was just some abstract shapes on a canvas that we've been manipulated into thinking has some unknown, awesome power, and then I immediately ran to the restroom, threw up, and got my mom to pick me up...)

“There are two questions a man must ask himself: The first is 'Where am I going?' and the second is 'Who will go with me?'

If you ever get these questions in the wrong order you are in trouble.”
Sam Keen,

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #607 of 1,450

well, hang in there man, because it seems that you're in for the long haul (which isn't exactly a bad thing). I've got a bit of an issue myself that I don't really like talking to people about (albeit I don't throw up, I have to tight a gut for that) that I'd like to call episodic-manic-depression, this problem leads to some schiitty  happenings in my life, such as horrific hallucinations (seeing alot of dead things), deranged thoughts, near death occurences (I'm at around five, if you include the time I put a noose around my neck), and it tops all of it off with the fact that I'm being forced to go through it with my subconscious giving me demands at the same time (granted my evilself lead me to this hobby) without anyone the wiser. What makes me feel that I'm ok to not tell people about it is that it leads to me being either way more intelligent, or way more "serious" (well until my sub. decides to make me humiliate myself). And before mython or anyone asks me any questions or such, this all started around after the time that I was bullied, and that these episodes always last through until the end of the school year and that it always make me take on a new "personality" (last year, I was like a total dick, year before that I was a deranged fool, and before that I acted like a "innocent" child), leading into my self-induced blackouts.
  in other news a really awesome short film came out by the name of Ellie Heart on youtube and it has the most amazing spundtrack
go watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNTCGIBDp5w

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #608 of 1,450
... and said something about how all I was writing was just some abstract shapes on a canvas that we've been manipulated into thinking has some unknown, awesome power

That's actually pretty insightful. That's at a higher level of thinking than the majority of the 'mass-hypnotised' human race will ever encounter.

When you finally find some time to sit down for a while, in your own company, I recommend you read Plato's 'Cave' allegory. I think you'll really get something out of it.

Take care, and good luck with the counseling; in time, you'll get through this.

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #609 of 1,450
well, hang in there man, because it seems that you're in for the long haul (which isn't exactly a bad thing). I've got a bit of an issue myself that I don't really like talking to people about (albeit I don't throw up, I have to tight a gut for that) that I'd like to call episodic-manic-depression, this problem leads to some schiitty  happenings in my life, such as horrific hallucinations (seeing alot of dead things), deranged thoughts, near death occurences (I'm at around five, if you include the time I put a noose around my neck), and it tops all of it off with the fact that I'm being forced to go through it with my subconscious giving me demands at the same time (granted my evilself lead me to this hobby) without anyone the wiser. What makes me feel that I'm ok to not tell people about it is that it leads to me being either way more intelligent, or way more "serious" (well until my sub. decides to make me humiliate myself). And before mython or anyone asks me any questions or such, this all started around after the time that I was bullied, and that these episodes always last through until the end of the school year and that it always make me take on a new "personality" (last year, I was like a total dick, year before that I was a deranged fool, and before that I acted like a "innocent" child), leading into my self-induced blackouts.
  in other news a really awesome short film came out by the name of Ellie Heart on youtube and it has the most amazing spundtrack
go watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNTCGIBDp5w

Some of that happens to me pretty often. :/

That's actually pretty insightful. That's at a higher level of thinking than the majority of the 'mass-hypnotised' human race will ever encounter.

When you finally find some time to sit down for a while, in your own company, I recommend you read Plato's 'Cave' allegory. I think you'll really get something out of it.

Take care, and good luck with the counseling; in time, you'll get through this.
I consider myself pretty smart and thanks for the encouragement! I'll definitely try and read that!

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #610 of 1,450
  “There are two questions a man must ask himself: The first is 'Where am I going?' and the second is 'Who will go with me?'

I usually precede those with "where are my pants?"... which significantly affects the where and who to follow
ph34r.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #612 of 1,450
  It's getting "dark" in here... 
blink.gif

Cue , "THE TWILIGHT ZONE" soundtrack ... lol 

Seriously though - Best of luck with diagnosis and treatment Panther, as well to you, Arin !

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #613 of 1,450
Many years ago I tried asking out a co-worker. It wasn't super aggressive or anything; we'd known each other a few years, I had an extra ticket to a show, figured it'd be something nice and low key to get to know each other a little more. She responded with a "um, no thaaaanks...?" in that long drawn out way that was marked with a bit of confusion. Ok, a rejection is a rejection, but still I thought that was very odd reaction. Whatever.

So fast forward a couple months and I'm chatting with her best friend and the whole dating subject comes up, and I laughingly tell her that I tried to ask out her bestie a while ago. She looks at me a bit shocked...

her: what? aren't you married?
me: no... why would you think that?
her: you have that ring on your hand
me: my grad ring? that's on my pinky... of my right hand...
her: oh...
me: waitasec, did you tell her I was married?
her: maybe...
me: huh, well that explains the super weird rejection

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #614 of 1,450
Strewth, if she's too stupid to know something as simple as what finger a wedding ring goes on, then it's a wonder she can navigate through life! LOL!

Shame the date with her mate didn't work out, but there are plenty more fish in the sea
smile.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #615 of 1,450
  Strewth, if she's too stupid to know something as simple as what finger a wedding ring goes on, then it's a wonder she can navigate through life! LOL!

Shame the date with her mate didn't work out, but there are plenty more fish in the sea
smile.gif

Yes, there are plenty more sea in the fish!

Hmmmm........I don't think that came out the way I meant it to............
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back