Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread
Aug 8, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #46 of 218
In the interest of keeping everyone in the loop, the tour SGs are making a pit stop to be shipping-proofed as they've been bumped a few times to many. They'll be headed to Tyll shortly! Apologies for the delays fellas.

Aug 20, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #48 of 218
We had a driver problem and so I'm waiting for the SG's to come back to me so I can fix them. 

You should be able to find everything you need to know in the non grado driver thread and post your grado mods thread, it's only about two months of reading.
smile.gif

While we're waiting for the open SG's to be fixed I'm wondering if one of the participants would like to try a closed version of the sennGrado, the Keyster. This one has homemade leather covered ear pads much like the stratoKOSSters.  and is a whole other animal than the open version.  

It looks open but I closed it up inside like this.

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #50 of 218

She's ALIVE!!!!!

Wood Cups from YewAudioWorks
Sennheiser PX100-ii drivers
EarZonk G-Cushion
Auvio Headband
Stock Grado 8 conductor cable

She sounds really good so far. Doesn't have the treble bite that some Grado headphones have. 

Seems a little bit lacking in bass, but I did recess the drivers a bit. Mids are not as forward as Grado headphones, but still sound amazing. 

The large earpads sound the best to me so far.

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #51 of 218
I found a nice chart detailing the toxicity of hardwoods in the box with the SG's. I don't know who put it in there .................I took it.
Hope you don't mind whoever you are.
smile.gif
  I already had some respiratory problems using Lapacho so I could use this chart. Thanks!

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #52 of 218
  I found a nice chart detailing the toxicity of hardwoods in the box with the SG's. I don't know who put it in there .................I took it.
Hope you don't mind whoever you are.
smile.gif
  I already had some respiratory problems using Lapacho so I could use this chart. Thanks!

Copy or scan of said chart?? Or a title on it so we can google

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #54 of 218
  Here's one.
http://www.shopsmithacademy.com/Tips_Archives/TP124_Toxic_Woods_files/TP124_Images/TOXIC%20WOODS%20CHART.pdf

...wasn't me that left the note in the box, but that's an enlightening list. Makes me think I should grab some masks...

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #58 of 218

She's ALIVE!!!!!

Wood Cups from YewAudioWorks
Sennheiser PX100-ii drivers
EarZonk G-Cushion
Auvio Headband
Stock Grado 8 conductor cable

She sounds really good so far. Doesn't have the treble bite that some Grado headphones have. 

Seems a little bit lacking in bass, but I did recess the drivers a bit. Mids are not as forward as Grado headphones, but still sound amazing. 

The large earpads sound the best to me so far.

those are beautiful. where'd you get the wooden cups from? yew audioworks? is that a member here on headfi?

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #59 of 218
is it still possible to sign up for the SG tour? I would love to audition those bad boys and have extensive knowledge of Grado/magnum cans. I currently own a woodied magnum with a v4 driver, as well as a sr325i, which will be woodied shortly. Thanks! 

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #60 of 218
those are beautiful. where'd you get the wooden cups from? yew audioworks? is that a member here on headfi?

Head over to Etsy...Yew Woodworks is the store name (I think?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back