Wife friendly system: needs small form factor CD player
Apr 28, 2009 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

doctorcilantro

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm moving my system and rebuilding (to the living room), and my wife still likes to go grab a CD (despite the HTPC having an auto-play cd-rom).

Anyway, the system already has an iPod ALO dock but I want to stick a small standalone CD player somewhere close to my amp for quick play.

I still may just use the HTPC actually, but I was eying the Sony D-25s on the ALO site; a little pricey for this cause I think so does anyone know of any alternatives?

thanks!
DC

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 7
The Shanling PCD300a is quite small, about the size of your Lavry.

There's a pic of one here.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 7
Some good quality compact CD players :

1. Nagra CDP or CDC
2. Cyrus CD8 SE
3. Chord One

The size of these machines can be deceiving
smily_headphones1.gif

F. Lo

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #5 of 7
I'm leaning towards the NAD C715 unit as it has a tuner and USB input. This will allow me to sell my tuner and antenna and ALO dock. Thanks, these are all great suggestions. My main rig will run out to the Lavry DA10 see this is really just a secondary.

thanks
DC

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 7
While I have you all on the line.

Any ideas on a single unit that could replace my Brickwall Audio suppressor and Panamax 5510 These are nice units, and living in Tampa pretty much makes the Brickwall a requirement. But I wonder if I could sell the two and come up with something just as good. Brickwall has a larger rack unit which might work as it is slim.

Remember, I've been banished from my music room (now baby #2 room) and into the domain of interior designers....this MUST somehow integrate into the living room wall unit with full approval ....WAF must be HIGH (good luck).

DC

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back