Who's getting their "headroom sale" cans today?
Oct 7, 2003 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 73

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Memememememememe!
600smile.gif

Should be a lively next couple days on Head-Fi as people talk about their new cans...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2003 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 73
Heh, FedEx should be delivering my Ety's very soon.
smily_headphones1.gif
I keep pausing my music and taking my headphones off to listen for the door...

Oct 7, 2003 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 73
Quote:

I keep pausing my music and taking my headphones off to listen for the door...

After you get your Ety's, forget about hearing anything but beautiful music! For me, one of the top 5 headphones in the world, and the best value out there.

Oct 7, 2003 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 73
Geesh, some Fedex guys really knock softly.

Imagine my shock when I opened that white box (talk about a lot of tape) to find: A brand new pair of Sennheiser HD-600s in their sweet, plush black case!

/me =
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Edit -- eegads, these things just killed the HD-580s for wearing comfort in the first 30 seconds.

Oct 7, 2003 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 73
So sad for me my Grados are on backorder. Oh well it will be a nice surprise when they come.

Oct 7, 2003 at 7:54 PM Post #6 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by fewtch
Geesh, some Fedex guys really knock softly.

Imagine my shock when I opened that white box (talk about a lot of tape) to find: A brand new pair of Sennheiser HD-600s in their sweet, plush black case!

/me =
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Edit -- eegads, these things just killed the HD-580s for wearing comfort in the first 30 seconds.

LOL, the Fedex person here knocks rather loudly. I had given up on getting my Ety's before class (at 2) and was reading a book downstairs on the couch quietly when all the sudden BANG BANG BANG! I nearly jumped out of my skin and rushed to the door.

Anyway...

ETY'S! THEY'RE HERE! WO0T!!!

Oh my.
etysmile.gif
These are amazing.

Oct 7, 2003 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 73
Dang, I wanted Etys... but given that I wear earplug to bed at night (and I sleep about 9 hrs/night) that's just too much pluggage to feel comfortable with... what's the use of good sound if your eardrums are blocked by wax?
biggrin.gif

Anyway.. enjoy! I'm a bit jealous, but gotta keep important practical matters in mind.

Oct 7, 2003 at 8:36 PM Post #11 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by Z-Tab
It looks like FedEx delivered my HD600s to my neighbor. I certainly hope they are there waiting for me when I get home...

With any luck he'll be burning them in for you
tongue.gif

Oct 7, 2003 at 8:41 PM Post #12 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by justbsn2
FedEx delivered my HD600's yesterday
600smile.gif

Now i have to wait for UPS to deliver the Creek OBH-11 i just bought also.
tongue.gif

I think you'll like the combo, but I hope you have plans to upgrade the crappy OBH-1 wall wart as soon as possible. Otherwise you might get the idea that the OBH-11 really sucks based on that wall wart supplying dirty and unstable power to the amp. I wouldn't use that thing to power a clock radio. It's fit only for the trash can.

Oct 7, 2003 at 9:44 PM Post #13 of 73
yes..i'll be looking to get that obh-2 you recommended.Also whats a good headphone cable i can upgrade to?

I can hear some hissing on some cds.I wonder if its my source or just cd's or a combination of a few things.Im using my Sony cdp-cx230 right now.

I see what you guys mean by needing a amp to move the hd600's.I cant seem to get enough bass from them get them moving.

Oct 7, 2003 at 9:48 PM Post #14 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by justbsn2
yes..i'll be looking to get that obh-2 you recommended.Also whats a good headphone cable i can upgrade to?

Many people recommend the Cardas, but most of the cables Headroom sells as upgrades for the HD-600 should be an improvement (or just a change in sound -- depends on how you view cables and how they affect SQ, and what your opinion is of the sound of the stock cable). I'd probably keep the stock cable for awhile & see if it's good enough, but that's just me... I don't usually upgrade unless I'm unsatisfied.

Oct 7, 2003 at 9:56 PM Post #15 of 73
UPS just delivered 2 packages at 11 AM. Who is home at 11 AM on a Tuesday? So lame, now i have to wait till tomorrow. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back