Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil?
Apr 22, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #183 of 226
I think all of us - who haven't heard it yet - are interested in this question :wink:

Considering Mike Moffat's and Jason's credentials, it might be fair to say anything from Schiit could deservedly be called 'pro' although I think I understand what you mean...

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #184 of 226
Thinking about it, but I'd want to get a worthy amp.  As much as I love the Soloist, not convinced it would be a great match.

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #186 of 226

Yeah, I'm gonna wait until I can get both the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil at the same time.

Bingo.  And this is the real price of Summit-fi gear: the whole system.

Still cheaper than upgrading my main stereo/home theater rig.

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #187 of 226
Yeah, I'm gonna wait until I can get both the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil at the same time.

+1. I can understand that strategy. Buying stuff piecemeal can be a let down. Because I have liquid carbon coming, I should get a dac for it as well lol. Another reason not to get the HE1000, and use the money for a Gungnir dac and a mid level laptop. But I shall see what will come my way, I hope the HE1000 does not bewilder me.:)

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #188 of 226
Thinking about it, but I'd want to get a worthy amp.  As much as I love the Soloist, not convinced it would be a great match.

From my own personal experience, the Ragnarok is a great, versatile amp., that I highly recommend. However if you do not need your headphone amp to drive your speakers, it may be better to get a headphone amp, that just drives headphones. And thus my question are there any liquid carbon amps still available? Oh well I need to go, take care man.

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #189 of 226
  Bingo.  And this is the real price of Summit-fi gear: the whole system.

Still cheaper than upgrading my main stereo/home theater rig.

My current plan is to get the HD 800 and HE1000, then the Rag and Yggy, then add the Abyss. lol

+1. I can understand that strategy. Buying stuff piecemeal can be a let down. Because I have liquid carbon coming, I should get a dac for it as well lol. Another reason not to get the HE1000, and use the money for a Gungnir dac and a mid level laptop. But I shall see what will come my way, I hope the HE1000 does not bewilder me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Man, I really think the headphones are the most important piece of the puzzle, though.

From my own personal experience, the Ragnarok is a great, versatile amp., that I highly recommend. However if you do not need your headphone amp to drive your speakers, it may be better to get a headphone amp, that just drives headphones. And thus my question are there any liquid carbon amps still available? Oh well I need to go, take care man.

As far as I can tell, it is still available for purchase from Cavalli's website.

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #190 of 226

My current plan is to get the HD 800 and HE1000, then the Rag and Yggy, then add the Abyss. lol

Man, I really think the headphones are the most important piece of the puzzle, though.

There's no point in buying both the HD800 and HE1000 if all you're going to be doing is driving them with a Fulla.

I agree that the headphone is the most important piece of the puzzle followed very close by the source.  I would suggest buying the HD800, then the Yggy and then the Rag, in that order, assuming you wouldn't be able to buy both the dac and amp in the same purchase.  The HE1000 can wait.  You won't be even be able to appreciate both what the HD800 and HE1000 are capable of until you get the rest of your chain in order.

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #191 of 226
  There's no point in buying both the HD800 and HE1000 if all you're going to be doing is driving them with a Fulla.

I agree that the headphone is the most important piece of the puzzle followed very close by the source.  I would suggest buying the HD800, then the Yggy and then the Rag, in that order, assuming you wouldn't be able to buy both the dac and amp in the same purchase.  The HE1000 can wait.  You won't be even be able to appreciate both what the HD800 and HE1000 are capable of until you get the rest of your chain in order.

I'm getting both headphones for a large discount that I won't be able to get later. The Fulla can drive them well enough in the sense of volume. And I intend on getting the Rag and Yggy shortly after, if funds permit.

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #192 of 226
Interesting how you're getting the yet unreleased HE1000 for a large discount.

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #194 of 226

Beta test program. Everyone already talked about it in the beta thread. We're not supposed to discuss the specifics, though.

So they've chosen someone with a suboptimal chain to beta their HE1000. Just sounds stupid. Just being honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back