Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil?
Mar 24, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #151 of 226
^ Yes, less is definitely more :D

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #153 of 226
Hey that sounds too cheap!
I was looking at dampers I haven't seen those. ..
:p
Well that should be a given considering you are comparing SS to Tube.

That Rag should be in the very top of SS amps, but all the clarity and precision won't make up for the things easily inherent in tubes:

The ability to be:
1-rich
2-liquid
3-delicate in sound
4-musical

Are things not inherent in SS amps.

That is frequently, but not always true. Have you heard Pass, C-J, or Burmester SS preamps and amps? They sound very much like the best tube gear but with the best qualities of solid state.

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #155 of 226

"NO soup for you!"
biggrin.gif

(Couldn't think of a good DAC joke to go along with it...)

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #156 of 226
Apr 1, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #158 of 226
I wonder what is the frequency of shipments and how fast can they roll this baby out...
first batch 250 so wondering next batch.

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #159 of 226
That's a great question, since most expect the Yggy's first run to sell out quickly! I'd also like to ask if there's any chance for some interior pictures of the Yggy's circuitry to be posted either here or on the Schiit website, like they have for the other products that are currently being sold? TIA!

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #160 of 226

I'm assuming you've seen the Seinfeld episode for the context of these jokes, hehe.

At the end of the episode, Elaine gets her hands on the secret recipes of "The Soup Nazi" and threatens to ruin him by making it herself. lol

"You think you can get soup, please, you're wasting everybody times."

Personally I liked the soup Nazi, he suffered for his soup. How could he expect any less from his customers?

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #161 of 226
If you watched enough Seinfeld, the characters were actually pretty vile, including Elaine. She ruined several businesses / careers over the years that it ran, but it was so much better than crap like Friends that I just laughed along. George remains my favorite character, even if I have almost no time for the actor who portrayed him - just great writing and impeccable chemistry between that cast. 

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #162 of 226
  If you watched enough Seinfeld, the characters were actually pretty vile, including Elaine. She ruined several businesses / careers over the years that it ran, but it was so much better than crap like Friends that I just laughed along. George remains my favorite character, even if I have almost no time for the actor who portrayed him - just great writing and impeccable chemistry between that cast. 

You guys should watch Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee. It stars Jerry Seinfeld doing exactly what it sounds like. One episode even guest stars George and Newman!

Apr 2, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #163 of 226

Yah, it was one of those shows. Sometimes I would feel that humans were petty, pathetic little creatures devoid of any character. Other times I just laughed my ass off. When it was funny, damn it was funny. Festivus for The Rest of Us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back